[Userstyle] Discourse Breeze Dark [on hiatus]

Thanks for the update. I really like the look of your dark theme and hope the forum version gets finished one day.

Gonna throw stuff from my post in here as well until these things get covered by the official thingy. :]

Some sections look like this:

This was driving me crazy, so I made a few amendments as part of an exercise (I’m learning web development), but also so I could stop having random things blind me or be unreadable. It’s not perfect by any means (code snippits are a especially a little wonky if they’re given a language, so syntax highlighting will be mostly overwritten to ensure readability), but it works. Sharing the amendment in case someone finds it useful. Sorry I’m not more of an artist. :stuck_out_tongue:

To add the stuff in, click on the Stylus button, and then click edit.

Then paste this at the bottom of the file:

/*StarMechStuff!*/
aside.quote .title, blockquote, .topic-map {
    background-color: #333;
}
.topic-map h3, .topic-map .information{
color: #ddd;
}
a.mention{
    color: #383838 !important;
}
.reply-area{
    background-color: #232629;
}
.d-editor-textarea-wrapper, .d-editor-preview{
    background-color: #1a1c1e;
    border: 0;
}
.d-editor-textarea-wrapper textarea{
    color: #919191;
}
.d-editor-button-bar{
    border-bottom: 1px solid #232629;    
}
.d-editor-spacer{
    background-color: #232629;
}
.d-editor-preview{
    padding: 10px;
}
.select-kit.combo-box .select-kit-header{
    background-color: #1a1c1e !important;
}
.select-kit-body, .select-kit-body ul{
    background-color: #1a1c1e !important;
    max-width: inherit !important;
}
.select-kit-row.is-highlighted{
    background-color: #222 !important;
}
.select-kit-row.is-selected{
    background-color: rgb(0,0,30) !important;
}
.category-input{
    color: #232629 !important;
}
code{
    background-color: #000 !important;
}

Feel free to leave the comment out. I put it in so I know where I started adding stuff.

Just wanted to mention for people using Safari on MacOS, There’s a nifty app with the clever name “Dark Mode for Safari” available in the MacOS App Store here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dark-mode-for-safari/id1397180934?mt=12

Works great for WaniKani Forums, though reviews and lessons look a bit odd. But you can choose on a site by site basis whether to turn on dark mode or not. You can have it on for all sites and white-list the ones it doesn’t work well with, or off for all sites and activate it for just the sites you want.