[userscript] WK Lesson Spoiler Tags

Hi all! This is my first WK userscript, so be gentle please. :slight_smile:

I found that the sample sentences in the lessons weren’t really working for me - I often skipped ahead to the translation, and not doing the translation work. So I thought “spoiler tags” would be a good idea, and easily done with a simple CSS rule. It works as you would expect: by default, the sentences are blurred beyond readability, but mouse-hovering over them will reveal the translation.

Get it here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/27125-wk-lesson-spoiler-tags

There is a similar script somewhere already, but I agree that this is useful. Have been using it since I found it.
Great idea!

vargsvans said... There is a similar script somewhere already, but I agree that this is useful. Have been using it since I found it.
Great idea!

You probably mean this one:
    https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/14844-wanikani-hide-context-sentence

This script overlays the context sentences in vocab pages as well.
 ![](upload://us4Bxikpeez2FesNXRiM8WWbFlh.png)

I like Karstux's overlay more in an aesthetic way, should you add the blur for vocab pages too I'd probably switch over.

Oh, I see. Well, it’s a really obvious mod to make, so I’m not surprised someone else made the same… anyway, I added vocab pages. Thanks for suggesting it.

I have used some API’s but never a user script.  Could someone tell me how to install it/them?  Thanks in advance.

Lin said... I have used some API's but never a user script.  Could someone tell me how to install it/them?  Thanks in advance.
 Maybe this thread can help?
/t/Visual-Guide-on-How-To-Install-A-Userscript/12136/1

Thanks, looks easy…going to try it.

Works like a charm!  Thanks.  Now I am wondering how many good user scripts I am missing out on!

But one reviewer on the GreaseMonkey site said GM uses all kinds of GB’s and can make Firefox crash.  I had to disable some addons before because of FF crashing, so will see what happens.