[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

Is there a way to hardcode the API into the old timeline script?

This one:

I really miss the green screen across the graph.

The script worked fine until the Firefox problem last weekend–now it can’t find the API key. It still works in Waterfox.

If the script still works then I think you should be able to set the API key manually by putting the following in the console. You need to change API-KEY out for you V1 key.

localStorage.setItem('wkt_Vorpal_apiKey', "API-KEY")

I get this error:

[Exception… “Component is not available” nsresult: “0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)” location: “JS frame :: debugger eval code :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 1” data: no]

I put this into the console after the script loaded and tried to find the api key.

You could also try replacing the line

apiKey = localStorage.getItem(localStoragePrefix + 'apiKey');

with

apiKey = "API-KEY";

in case I messed up the local storage key.

You are my hero!

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I do use Firefox in one particular equipment that I’m unable to update Chrome. As it is a single place I do not think that too much requests is going to happen soon. Problem in fact is that Firefox by its own accord disabled tamper monkey so I had to use a different deployment of it to be able to run it. In this case that indexdb happened.

I might soon do a full wipe of Firefox. Thanks for the insights.

So I looked at the Console tab and figured out the problem. It said it could not find a v2 API key, so I had to generate one on my settings page. After generating one it works fine, thanks! I am using Chrome btw.

2 Likes

this script doesn’t work for me. i have installed WKOF and i get this error in my consoleimage
thanks in advance.

Go to the [API Tokens] page and generate a token. Then refresh and it should work.

thank you so much!

1 Like

WK has new colours for radical, kanji, vocab. Are you going to change the colours on this script as well?

1 Like

:woozy_face::scream:

1 Like

the ultimate timeline doesn’t work for me anymore :frowning: am I the only one?

1 Like

All Open Framework-based scripts are currently broken. Fix will be coming soon.

2 Likes

Thanks. I read some people were saying it was working for them, so I thought it may have been a combination of script I’ve got installed. I’ll wait patiently then.

Ultimate Timeline is working for me, but only on WaniKani — Log in - NOT on just plain wanikani.com (which is where clicking on the logo will take you).

2 Likes

I can confirm that.

I suspect the problem is in wkof’s get_username function.

the below jQuery seems to get the username just fine.

$(".user-summary__username").text()

Edit: could be wrong about that as the cause, but that particular function isn’t working in the apiv2 module.

Yes, that’s the function that’s having trouble. I’ve got it fixed already, but I’m waiting to upload until I can get the Menu integration fixed.

Either way, both URLs should fail, and I think you’ll probably find that to be true if you clear cache. (But don’t clear cache if it’s currently working on at least one of the URLs :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Thanks for fixing the JS.

With regard to the CSS, can you just use the CSS class names from WK? That way if they change the colours again you don’t have to update anything.

Open Framework is updated.
:point_right: [v1.0.38]

9 Likes