[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

Working great here! Love it, thanks for another great script!

embe said... This.

Looks like all of those errors and warnings are related to an ad blocker (and the top-most warning is jQuery, I think), but none of them should affect my script since it doesnā€™t load any external stuff.  The warnings with my name in them are images from this thread.

I may have to load up a copy of the script with logging, and see where itā€™s stopping.

If you click on [force refresh], do you see any ā€œLoadingā€¦ā€ info for Radicals, Kanji, and Vocab?

I do, but then it shows nothing.

embe said... I do, but then it shows nothing.
 Do you know if you have local storage disabled in Chrome?

Settings->Show advanced settings...->Privacy->Content settings->Cookies-> (x) Allow local data to be set (recommended)

It is working pretty fine for me. Thanks.

Itā€™s set to recommended (Allow local data to be set).

oh my god rfindley this is actually ultimate af. works fine for me btw.

embe said... It's set to recommended (Allow local data to be set).
Wondering if an ad blocker is interfering somehow.  Can you try Incognito mode, but temporarily allow TamperMonkey to run in Incognito (via Settings->Extensions->TamperMonkey->Allow in Incognito), then try to log into WK and try script?  Incognito usually disables most plugins, which may help narrow down if something is interfering.

Have not tried yet, but this looks like truly great stuff! Thanks Finny

Same thing happens. Weirdā€¦

edit. It does work on FF, though.

embe said... Same thing happens. Weird...
 On javascript console, try entering these lines:

delete localStorage.apiKey
delete localStorage.timeln_cache
delete localStorage.timeln_last_fetch

Then refresh the dashboard screen.

First extension Iā€™ve installed so far :slight_smile:
Works very well - thank you!

Looks Nice!

When I first tried your new script I got the same no-bars issue.
Refreshed page. Clicked the force-refresh. Still no-bars.
localstorage timeln_cache was just:
{"radicals":[],"kanji":[],"vocabulary":[]}

Then I deleted all my localstorage data for WK and now it works and I can't get it to break again...
I've got chrome adblock and rikai running.

That's a lot of api requests... But it is very fast!
I like the switch to SVG.
Nice loading screen.
And no-page-refresh reload.
The range select is nice, but I'm not sure I like the click-release, select (move-mouse), click (to finish).
It seemed sort of unexpected behavior, but maybe I'd get used to it.
Holding down mouse button click-drag-select seems more normal.
The select mode kept getting stuck on for me...

I updated my version with a new theme a few weeks ago.
Maybe take a look at it and see if you like anything.
I kinda like my new bar markings.
It updates the graph as you drag the slider using a debounce filter to rate-limit.

Maybe hide the time-text labelĀ when it would be clipped?
(And now I can't get it to clip, but I'm sure I saw it clipping on the right...)

The time label for the current reviews column says 'Today 12:45pm', maybe it should say 'Available Now' or something?

Any progress on that review and lesson AJAX sniffing framework? (or do I mis-remember?)
Then timeline could insta-update with no extra API requests.

More fantastic work rfindley, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for already adding the option to hide the details of the review items :slight_smile:

Works really well on Linux + Firefox.

Thanks again.

EDIT: It remembers what time range you had it set to when you go back to the dashboard. Brilliant.

Still nothing. It works on firefoxā€¦

This sounds awesome, rfindley! Will be great to useā€¦ when I have more than 5-30 reviews a day. (After I subscribe.) Looks pretty, too! :smiley:

kobayashi saidā€¦

The range select is nice, but Iā€™m not sure I like the click-release, select (move-mouse), click (to finish).
It seemed sort of unexpected behavior,

I agree. (I havenā€™t tried it yet myself), but that is also what I would expect. That seems more natural.

Thanks for all your hard work, with all your scripts! :smiley:

kobayashi said...When I first tried your new script I got the same no-bars issue.
Refreshed page. Clicked the force-refresh. Still no-bars.
localstorage timeln_cache was just:
{"radicals":[],"kanji":[],"vocabulary":[]}

Then I deleted all my localstorage data for WK and now it works and I can't get it to break again...
Awesome, that helps narrow it down.  I did my best to prevent overlap of localStorage names (other than apiKey), so I'm wondering if maybe localStorage is getting full on some people's PCs.  This Timeline can potentially store a LOT of information, depending on how many items are scheduled for the future.  If I can prove this is the problem, I can limit the cache to a week and a few days.

That's a lot of api requests... But it is very fast!
Yeah, I experimented to find best balance of how many levels to request at once.  Seems like about 5 levels per request is optimal for WK.

I like the switch to SVG.
Nice loading screen.
And no-page-refresh reload.

The range select is nice, but I'm not sure I like the click-release, select (move-mouse), click (to finish).
It seemed sort of unexpected behavior, but maybe I'd get used to it.
Holding down mouse button click-drag-select seems more normal.
The select mode kept getting stuck on for me...
It should support both [click-move-click] and [mousedown-drag-mouseup].  Can you elaborate what sequence you are doing?  I definitely want it to be intuitive.

I updated my version with a new theme a few weeks ago.
Maybe take a look at it and see if you like anything.
I kinda like my new bar markings.
It updates the graph as you drag the slider using a debounce filter to rate-limit.
I'll take a look.

Maybe hide the time-text label when it would be clipped?
(And now I can't get it to clip, but I'm sure I saw it clipping on the right...)
Yeah... I debated that.  Haven't looked to see if there's a way to determine text width.  I suppose it should be easy with SVG.

The time label for the current reviews column says 'Today 12:45pm', maybe it should say 'Available Now' or something?
Ahh, good point... and easy change.  Thanks!

Any progress on that review and lesson AJAX sniffing framework? (or do I mis-remember?)
Then timeline could insta-update with no extra API requests.
You are remembering correctly.  I have a lot of it done in piecewise fashion, but haven't put it all together yet.
embe said... Still nothing. It works on firefox...
 In Chrome:
Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Privacy -> Content settings -> Cookies -> All cookies and site data -> www.wanikani.com (it's sorted alphabetically by the middle part of the name... i.e. 'wanikani') -> local storage

What size do you have in your local storage?  I think the default max per-site storage is something like 5MB.  Anyway, maybe try to 'Remove' localstorage like @kobayashi did, then refresh dashboard.

awesome !! thanks :slight_smile:

I have deleted local storage for both wanikani.com and wanikani.com and refreshed. Nothing.