[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

tl;dr: you can select position after recent forum activity to make it display again; albeit at a much less useful place!

Just as a few extra datapoints, for me the timeline breaks if you try to position it (account > settings > ultimate timeline > placement on dashboard) on:

• Before next review
  • After next review
  • After level progress

It works, but the layout is cramped, on:

• After SRS progress

If works as usual on:

• New unlocks
  • After recent forum activity

n.b. depending on where it was positioned intiially, I noticed that sometimes you have to save the changes and refresh the page.

4 Likes

Can you replace the new interface entirely? It’s grotesque. The huge useless buttons could so better be used for real information.

Clearly something is going bonkers with WK…I am at level 51, not 50.

5 Likes

this has to do with the forums, not WK specially. Logging in & out should fix the level issue.

Thank you for this. “After SRS Progress” is still visible for me without scrolling so I am happy to compromise to get UT back.

Thanks for the tip. It does work if I put it After SRS Progress, but unfortunately, that’s on the second half of the fold for me, so I would have to scroll to see it properly. I did have to refresh the page every time after i save to fix the issue.

1 Like

Quick fix: edit the Ultimate Time Line script and change line 332 to:

default: $(‘div.progress-and-forecast’).before(timeline); break; // ‘before_nextreview’

This will put the timeline before everything else when set to ‘before next review’

16 Likes

Thanks man!

THANK YOU! That fixed the issue!!!

1 Like

I get a red X in the margin and the script doesn’t work.

The first single quote has a red squiggle under it.

2 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

default: $('div.progress-and-forecast').before(timeline); break;

7 Likes

Thank you. Now I just need to block those horrible buttons and I will be happy. They remind me of Microsoft Bob. And Clippy.

4 Likes

@rfindley, will you find the time to update the script?

Side note, I see suggested fixes above, and I can follow them, but having official version would be much better.

3 Likes

I want to chime in that this also worked for me. Thank you!

1 Like

If you are using the progress plugin, then you will need to comment out the switch statement for it to display properly, at least for me.

1 Like

Quick fix 2: To get rid of the redundant now default timeline, replace line 194 (should be blank) with this:

‘.forecast {display: none;}’+
‘.dashboard .progress-and-forecast {grid-template-columns: 0;}’+
‘.dashboard section.lessons-and-reviews li {flex: auto !important;}’+

2 Likes

It ends up something like this:

1 Like

Turns out you can change timeline appearance in script Settings, and it will work:

Of course, I liked it better when it was at the very top, but this will work as a gap measure, until @rfindley finds a a moment to update their wonderful most useful script.

3 Likes

Thanks! Sorry I mised that
@sansarret Definitely, that would be best
@rfindley Feel free to just copy and paste these fixes into the official version if you like

1 Like

Worked a treat, thank you all!

1 Like