[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

In GreaseMonkey, you can right-click on a script in the script list, and select “Find Updates”. This probably assumes that you originally installed it via the link on GreasyFork.org, rather than pasting the code directly into GreaseMonkey.

Ah… It’s greyed out because of the edits I’ve made to it in the past. (And today.)

Forcing update will overwrite everything (so it says).

That’s true… but I think I have all of your changes. At the last update, I had you email me your latest, and I incorporated all of that on GreasyFork.

But… it’s possible the graph_height isn’t right, depending on the outcome of your WinXP/Win7 debacle :slight_smile:

Thanks for the fast update!

Ultimate timeline isn’t showing up on my dashboard anymore using Chrome. I made sure UT was up to date (checked for updates). It’s been like this all day today.

Had the same problem; uninstalling and reinstalling the script fixed it.

1 Like

That did it, thanks.

1 Like

This is a must have script! I love it. :smiley:

I’ve implemented an extension to it. I’m not sure if it’s an improvement or not. Tell me what you think.

I wanted to know whether or not to do more lessons or to stick with reviews, and what I thought was missing was the what-if element. So I extended the script to assume that I passed all my reviews and add into the timeline the times when I would be retaking them at the next level up.

The result was pretty underwhelming (mostly I suspect because I don’t have much Apprentice level 1 / 2 / 3 at the moment).

Before:

After: (the arrows highlight the differences)

If it’s doable, it would be really cool to have these ghost reviews showing up!

I use the timeline daily but as I get to higher levels, I had really like to visualise my items by status (apprentice/guru/master/enlightened) instead of type (radical/kanji/vocab). Not sure that’s something doable, but that would be super helpful because right now I’m more interested in keeping apprentice items as low as possible (and failing at it).

I had really like to visualise my items by status (apprentice/guru/master/enlightened) instead of type (radical/kanji/vocab).

Yes. I’ve been thinking the same. I might try and implement that in a copy of the script.

I implemented it pretty quickly, this is what it looks like for me (mostly all apprentice with a little guru due):

To improve on this I’d like to see the splits inside the Apprentice / Guru levels).

1 Like

Wow, that’s awesome, exactly what I meant. It will definitely get more diversified as soon as you get into higher levels. @rfindley is there any chance you could add this in the options?

Will do, though I’m swamped at the moment, so it’s going to take a while.

1 Like

@rfindley To make it easier here’s the script with my modifications. It should diff easily enough:

I’m experimenting with another addition. This assumes that every review will be 100% successful, and maps our the future timeline for each item (up until it’s burned). To make this a little more useful as you zoom out the periods increase from 15 minutes, to 30 minutes, to 1 hour, to 2 hours, etc. etc. The bars are colored by the SRS level of the items. In addition, the hover-tips show the items at the SRS level they would be at. This animated GIF shows how it works:

It would be really nice to have some kind of a “current level only” switch (to only display the current level reviews on a timeline). I sometimes want to check them and then get back to my regular timeline with all items (it’s possible for example in the Allicrab app I use on my phone).

It kind of does that already by showing little markers for reviews with items from the current level.

Well, yeah, but what I’m interested in is the number of the current level reviews, not the mere fact that they belong to some review session/pile.
Pics from the app I was talking about:

I really like the changes/additions you’ve been making!
I especially like switch between 15min → 30min → 1hr.

I’ll try to incorporate some or all of your changes into the options when I adapt my scripts for APIv2… hopefully over the next few weeks, but it’s hard to say for sure.

1 Like