[UserScript] Wanikani Self-Study Plus (v 0.1.13) [Unsupported] (for now)

Is there any way to add multiple meanings to a vocab word? 

For example, I added つま先 and it can mean toes; tips of the toes; toe of a shoe, sock, etc…

So is it possible to add all those meanings under one vocab word?

Izana said... Is there any way to add multiple meanings to a vocab word? 

For example, I added つま先 and it can mean toes; tips of the toes; toe of a shoe, sock, etc...

So is it possible to add all those meanings under one vocab word?
use commas when adding or importing a tsv (tabs for csv).

eg:
Kanji: つま先
Reading: つまさき
Meaning: toes, tips of the toes, toe of a shoe, sock

the same applies for multiple readings.
Izana said... I'm having the same problem as @nicholashorton  

My API is in both places and I added vocab with only kanji I know right now.

I'm still getting "Next Review in undefined". 

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I FIGURED OUT THE ISSUE

Sharing is caring, was it something I kludged?

sect ミーム… that is the best one I’ve ever seen lol

thanks for this amazing script

Izana said... I'm having the same problem as @nicholashorton  

My API is in both places and I added vocab with only kanji I know right now.

I'm still getting "Next Review in undefined". 

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I FIGURED OUT THE ISSUE

What was the solution.  I'm having the same problem.

I had added the vocab prior to fixing the API in both places. I deleted the vocab I had added then reinstalled the script, put in my API in both places and then added the vocab back in.

Izana said... I had added the vocab prior to fixing the API in both places. I deleted the vocab I had added then reinstalled the script, put in my API in both places and then added the vocab back in.
 There should only be one place, I think the second might be where I try to check if the value has been changed to an api key and not still saying "your_api_here" I'm back to working on this code now so I'll have a look at it.

i dont know if i am wrong but bad answers dont downgrade the levels, example from guru to apprentice, i write some bad answers  in advance levels items and i dont see any change in the levels or review time.

chazychaz said... i dont know if i am wrong but bad answers dont downgrade the levels, example from guru to apprentice, i write some bad answers  in advance levels items and i dont see any change in the levels or review time.
It does, but only one 'level' at a time (numbers, not names), and only when the review screen is shown at the end of the session (and updateSRS is called). This is why I put in the wrap up button, but it certainly needs improvement, for example an indication of when it has been pressed and how many are left. I'll probably start using an active queue like WK does, but for now it just finishes everything you start. If you've just answered 50 seperate items, it will take you a while to end after hitting wrap up, if you have the reverse flag on (default), there'd be 100 left.

if(!stats.numWrong) {//all correct (none wrong)
        srslist[stats.index].level++;
    }
    else
    {
        if(srslist[stats.index].level > 0)
            srslist[stats.index].level--;
    }

Hover over the items at the end and it will show you its current (number) level and how you did on each type of question.

This might be mentioned somewhere already and I overlooked it. If so, my apologizes. 

Does SS+ use the exact same SRS system as WaniKani? 

Hello!

I’m using Chrome on a Mac, repaired the //@require line, filled in my API Key in both(I tried just the first place first, then both places) places and set both locks to “false” and I’m still getting the “Next review in undefined” message under “learn”.  I have no problem adding/editing Kanji and vocab.  I’ve only tried to add Kanji/vocab that are not available on WK, would this be a problem?  I thought that that was what the lockDB feature was for?  

Might be a dumb question, but I’m leaving the " " around my API Key, that’s what I’m supposed to do, right?

Any help appreciated!

EDIT:  Tried adding vocab that already exist within WK and still getting the “Next review is undefined” message.
EDIT 2: Anyone?

Izana said... This might be mentioned somewhere already and I overlooked it. If so, my apologizes. 

Does SS+ use the exact same SRS system as WaniKani? 

No, but I'm making some major coding changes soon and I'll probably adjust it soon to be more in line with the WK method,
The items only drop one level if you get it wrong,
As for the space between levels, I haven't changed that from the original script (shudouken's WKSS), the only thing I did was adjust it to be a bit more readable:

var srsintervals = [];
var hrs = 60*60*1000;
var days = 24*hrs;
var weeks = 7*days;
srsintervals.push(0);
srsintervals.push(4*hrs);
srsintervals.push(8*hrs);
srsintervals.push(1*days);
srsintervals.push(3*days);
srsintervals.push(1*weeks);
srsintervals.push(2*weeks);
srsintervals.push(730*hrs);//average month
srsintervals.push(2922*hrs);//average 4 months

pushindawood said... Hello!

I'm using Chrome on a Mac, repaired the //@require line, filled in my API Key in both(I tried just the first place first, then both places) places and set both locks to "false" and I'm still getting the "Next review in undefined" message under "learn".  I have no problem adding/editing Kanji and vocab.  I've only tried to add Kanji/vocab that are not available on WK, would this be a problem?  I thought that that was what the lockDB feature was for?  

Might be a dumb question, but I'm leaving the " " around my API Key, that's what I'm supposed to do, right?

Any help appreciated!

EDIT:  Tried adding vocab that already exist within WK and still getting the "Next review is undefined" message.
EDIT 2: Anyone?
Not sure, are you able to open the javascript console and check if the items are in storage, I'll be moving the flags to a more user-friendly "settings" window soon.

This command should show the items that have been added:
JSON.parse(localStorage.getItem("User-Vocab"));

Ethan said...This command should show the items that have been added:

Yeah, the item that I have shows up.  This is what I get:

EDIT/Update:  I also tried importing .csv files and am still getting “Next review undefined” 

pushindawood said...
Ethan said...This command should show the items that have been added:

Yeah, the item that I have shows up.  This is what I get:

EDIT/Update:  I also tried importing .csv files and am still getting “Next review undefined” 

I see, the ‘locked’ and ‘manualLock’ values should say “no” not “n”, which version are you using? is this the latest update?

Ethan said...
 I see, the 'locked' and 'manualLock' values should say "no" not "n", which version are you using? is this the latest update?
 Just uninstalled and re-installed and everything is working!The version that I was using was installed two days ago, so I'm not sure what was different or what I did differently.  Sorry for all the trouble and thank you for making this!

EDIT:  Well, it was working.  I did a review and it gave me 3 hours till next review, I did my WK reviews, came back to check self study and am getting the "next review undefined" message again.  Uninstalled, reinstalled and did everything I did to get it working the first time and still no luck.

I thought I had a bug, but it might have just been the items coming back immediately since i’d gotten them wrong.

Hopefully its nothing, will know more after I cut down my reviews.

Tested adding a new item into the Self-Study drop down menu and did my first “review” yesterday.  Came back today and was doing my reviews when the item I had added yesterday popped up seamlessly with my other reviews.  Mind = Blown.

Thank you, kind sir.  You are a gentlemen and a scholar. 

pushindawood said... Tested adding a new item into the Self-Study drop down menu and did my first "review" yesterday.  Came back today and was doing my reviews when the item I had added yesterday popped up seamlessly with my other reviews.  Mind = Blown.

Thank you, kind sir.  You are a gentlemen and a scholar. 
I'm glad you like it.
I'm still trying to work out some of the kinks, but I didn't want to go too long between releases and thought it was at a good stage for now.

For example, I suspect that you won't be able to do them in a review if WK doesn't have any reviews for you to do , but since I have over 2400 reviews at the moment I wont be able to test that theory anytime soon.
Ethan said...I'm glad you like it.
I'm still trying to work out some of the kinks, but I didn't want to go too long between releases and thought it was at a good stage for now.

For example, I suspect that you won't be able to do them in a review if WK doesn't have any reviews for you to do , but since I have over 2400 reviews at the moment I wont be able to test that theory anytime soon.
 Will let you know.  That is if I am able to get my reviews back down to zero too.