[Userscript] WaniKani Pitch Info

Thanks for the reports :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve implemented a fix, hopefully it should be fine now.

4 Likes

I can also report the same bug. Only happens when pitch info script is enabled. Tested the script by itself and was still able to re-produce.

Firefox 69.0.1
MacOS HighSierra 10.13.6

I love this script though! Hope this info helps.

EDIT: Just saw that you already fixed it lol. Update applied and everything looks good now! THANK YOU!

1 Like

I just came here to report this! At first I thought WaniKani was giving alternative readings so I ignored them, but then they got ridiculously long xD

@Invertex
Thanks for making this, itā€™s really useful. My question is about words with two readings - have you programmed it to provide a notation for the second reading as well? In the below example, Iā€™m not sure if they simply have the same notation. Thanks
2%20Pitch

Also, from that picture it looks like thereā€™s an error in how the diagram is drawn.

I donā€™t use the script, so Iā€™m not sure what itā€™s supposed to look like, but to me it looks sensible. You have the extra dot representing a possible particle, upon which it would fall if it was there.

恄恔恫恔 and ć¤ć„ćŸć” both happen to have a 4 pattern, so Iā€™m not sure what would happen if it was kind of split.

Thatā€™s true. I guess I was expecting the line connecting the dots, but itā€™s reasonable not to include it.

Spotted the disconnected lines on morae other than the final particle:

This is in the entry for ę”ä»¶, during lessons.

So probably a bug.

3 Likes

Iā€™m like 85 percent sure the last empty dot also used to be connected.

3 Likes

It definitely was connected in the past. Iā€™m 100% sure.

4 Likes

Yeah I thought maybe something was up but was confused because I didnā€™t really touch anything related to that in the code, just shifted where the containing elements were placed. The code really needs some cleanup/refactoring. Iā€™ll try and look into it sometime this week.

4 Likes

Love is in the air :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

And if they fall in love tonight,
It can be agreed:
Their carefree days, as Nihongo VAs,
Have found their resting site.

EDIT: Someone better notice my rhyming of days and VAs, and site and tonight, especially since the original lyrics cheat with assonance on ā€œagreedā€ ā€œhistoryā€, which barely counts, and I have no clue what ā€œdoomedā€ is meant to rhyme with unless Iā€™m misremembering the lyrics. :smiley:

1 Like

Hello, when Iā€™m doing lessons and I activate pitch info, all the readings of all words stay on the left. Any ideas whatā€™s wrong?

Update all your scripts. This was fixed weeks ago. I donā€™t remember which script caused the bug, but I donā€™t believe it was this one.

2 Likes

IIRC it was this one, in combination with the audio update.

I thought it was like Double Check or something. I could be completely misremembering though. There were a lot of issues around that update.

Iā€™m sure if they update all their scripts itā€™ll get fixed. :smile:

1 Like

Double-Check had the issue where all audio was being played at the same time

1 Like

Ah, yeah. That was a fun one.

1 Like

ā€¦ what? The original song rhymed ā€œassumedā€ with ā€œdoomedā€. ā€œIt can be assumedā€ is the second line. The first and third donā€™t rhyme.

1 Like