[Userscript] WaniKani Open Framework Additional Filters (Recent Lessons, Leech Training, Related Items, and more)

There is no error in the console.
All scripts are up to date.

If I’m the only one who has this, its no problem :slight_smile:
I have a workaround which breaks something else I don’t use :wink:

I won’t have time today but I can try to look tomorrow. If you don’t hear from me by the weekend I probably forgot, so just remind me then.

1 Like

It works fine for me. Can you tell me exactly what item filter settings you are using?

But like I said, if its just me you don’t need to waste your time :grin:

I’ve been using this extensively since the other leech script has fallen into disrepair, and I just wanted to say thanks so much. It has been saving me mountains of grief and helping me way more than I’d have imagined. I’m barely keeping up with my studies as is, so when really generous people share solutions like this it is soooooo enabling and I really can’t overstate how delightful it is to feel like I actually have a handle on these things now.

3 Likes

I’ve been using this script intensively for my self study quiz to help me squashing my leeches. It’s been troublesome to always use forum search just to get back to this thread. I saved this thread link in my Apple Notes.

I’ve just put this thread link to The New and Improved List of API and Third Party Apps under Dashboard.

I couldn’t figure out what this script did exactly but after reading this thread for long enough I figured it out. Thanks for the great addition to self study script.

I especially like doing forced recall to just audio. Definitely a great tool.

1 Like

This is awesome, I started using this yesterday and I’m already seeing great value in it.

Just wondering if it’s at all possible to add a filter that can test on the alternate readings / meanings? I find that sometimes I’m fine with the main reading or meaning, but it takes ages to learn any alternates, leading to a lot of mistakes.

Thank you for creating this :smile:

1 Like

I think that would be out of scope for this script. All I can do is change what items you review, not how the review process works. I’d recommend asking rfindley in the main Self Study thread if you want a way to force you to answer with secondary/multiple readings/meanings.

Glad you’re enjoying the script!

Thanks for getting back to me, I’ll give that a try!

Wooh, I just got a notification that the script link has been clicked 1000 times!

2 Likes

Congrats! Looks like this is your second Famous Link badge.

(pardon the pun :grin:… famous link)

2 Likes

How can I make a custom list of Vocabulary words all within WaniKani? (marked WaniKani items is fine). I need to self quiz on my own list of tough vocabs.

You can’t do that with the script as-is, but you could adapt the Related Items filter pretty easily to do what you want. For example by using a comma separated list and filtering for exact item matches.

That said, many of the items you’re struggling with are likely leeches, so you could probably use that filter to get close to your desired list. Assuming you’ve done enough reviews in recent months for WaniKani to have enough data on your review stats that is.

is this still working? I can see it showing up on the script setting but i cannot see it on the dashboard. i would like to use the leech training…

thanks

Yes it is! You need to go into the settings to activate the ones you want to use though, then configure them for something like the self-study quiz script (which is linked in the OP). The self-study quiz doesn’t show on the dashboard though, it’s available in the script menu.

P.S. Also just realised I never popped in here to say thank you for these filters since I started using them – so thank you! This script, along with the self-study quiz script, literally fixes WK for me (the default SRS intervals are too long so I get a lot of leeches, and there is no official leech management).

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @skymaiden. :slight_smile:

@JJ_Katzwinkel, this script is an addition to the Self Study script. You have to open up Self Study through the script menu and then you should see these options available. If anything is still unclear, you might want to look at the Self Study script’s forum page since there should be more instructions there. Let me know if you need more help.

1 Like

thank you @seanblue and @skymaiden! I got it work :slight_smile:
much appreciated

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional filters! After each lesson session, I do a quick audio self-study of “recent lessons”. Super helpful - makes it much easier to recall vocab later.

Not sure if you’re still taking filter requests, but a similar “recent reviews” would be really helpful, for doing a quick audio self-study after each review session.

I do have failed last review, though I know it’s not quite the same.