[Userscript] Wanikani Mistake Delay (new, version 2.x)

Do you have any other script handler installed?

2 Likes

Nope! I have some script blockers for privacy, would that be it?

There are only two places the script could be: In a script handler (TamperMonkey, ViolentMonkey, GreaseMonkey, etc) or installed as a browser plug-in/extension. The script can’t possibly run without being in one of those places.

Could you post some screen-captures of what you’re seeing, and maybe your TamperMonkey script list, and Firefox plugins and extensions pages? That make give us a clue that we are missing.

1 Like

I double checked when making some screengrabs - I had greasemonkey installed, which I disabled and it fixed the issue. Thanks!

2 Likes

Am I alone getting this since about yesterday? Chrome browser, if anything.

I suspect this broke for the same reason as Double-Check: A change to Wanikani this morning.
Since Mistake Delay is now integrated into Double-Check, I am no longer supporting the standalone version of Mistake Delay. I recommend switching to Double-Check, and you can disable all of the other features if you don’t want to use them.

1 Like

Oh, thank you for quick response and detailed explanation of the case!
Will switch there then.

1 Like

Bummer. This was my favorite script, and I’ve built up typing habits that make using WK without it nearly impossible. I’ll give double-check a shot and do my best not to cheat–I’ve made it this far.

Also, thank you for making and maintaining these scripts!

how do I turn this option off???

First, I recommend switching to the [Double-Check] script, since Mistake Delay is no longer supported as a standalone script. Double-Check contains Mistake Delay and is still supported. And it has a nice setup window to configure it. You can disable any of Double-Check’s features that you don’t want to use.

But if you really want to continue using this version, open the script in TamperMonkey and edit the settings at the top of the script. Change delay_multiple and delay_slightly_off to 0 instead of 1.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response my G!

1 Like