[Userscript] WaniKani Just The Vocab (Skip Radicals and Kanji)

aniustaluwis said... Why would you sell modified open source software? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of open source and violate the usual open source license terms?
 Start reading on page 40.  Let's not rehash the discussion here.  This script may be useful to someone, so i'd rather not have a thread in the API section locked down.  

Or start a campfire thread for a community discussion on the merits/detriments to opensource.
aniustaluwis said... Why would you sell modified open source software? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of open source and violate the usual open source license terms?
It actually depends on the license. Commercial projects may use modified open source projects and be very right to do so. But it's a different topic. Lotelia was talking about attempting to sell some code modification back to the author of an open source project, which is... yeah.

But let's not loop back to that old quarrel please!

Oh geez. I’m reading that discussion and this is a complete mess. I can see now why Breadstick reacted with such hostility.

Anyway I think I’ve said all that I can think of to say so I’ll try to leave this alone.

Did not read through all the comments but you should put a warning on this script that users will miss out on such awesome kanjis as Lapiz Lazuli or whatever it’s called.

Oh yeah i just remembered, some later kanji apparently do not have any vocab like 亮, so if you only use wanikani as a vocab srs you’ll be missing out on some kanji as well

^ and 瑠 now that I went to go look at it in the database. Sorry I didn’t realize that was probably what you meant to say.

Lotelia said... Guys, this is the user that "fixed" doublevil's opensource program HouHou to better suit her needs and offered to sell him the fix.  Leave it.

btw houhou is great and you should check it out ;)
/t/Houhou-12-Dictionary-and-SRS-application-for-Windows/6733/1

(page 47 shows the stated opinion on opensource software)
 That's some pretty entertaining drama that I missed when it happened 9 months ago.
Lotelia said...
 Start reading on page 40.  Let's not rehash the discussion here.  This script may be useful to someone, so i'd rather not have a thread in the API section locked down.  

Or start a campfire thread for a community discussion on the merits/detriments to opensource.
 Anyone who thinks that this is a useful script also doesn't belong here, so I say we have the discussion here and hopefully it gets locked. 

Then we all talk about how we're N1, just self-assessed.
tmahrt said...
Lotelia said... Guys, this is the user that "fixed" doublevil's opensource program HouHou to better suit her needs and offered to sell him the fix.  Leave it.

That's some pretty entertaining drama that I missed when it happened 9 months ago.
 Ah yes I was a part of that infamous discussion. I think I was on that thread while supposedly writing an essay at some ungodly hour, so I was extra cranky. Good times? At the very least, I got a great lol when I saw this thread and Breadstick's response.

Hey guys I’m here for the shitposting.

1 Like

im gonna say this as the 1 millionth person who has said this,
ahem “Wanikani is for learning kanji, vocab is for reinforcing the kanji, if you just want vocab, go make an anki deck.”

tvtran said...
tmahrt said...

Ah yes I was a part of that infamous discussion. I think I was on that thread while supposedly writing an essay at some ungodly hour, so I was extra cranky. Good times? At the very least, I got a great lol when I saw this thread and Breadstick's response.
 Yeah, I didn't about the other thread. But it definitely makes the first two comments 10x more funny. XD

Dear Mr. AlwaysForgottenMem、

me and my boyfriend and is my one and only true contribution to this site lol 

im don’t like being serious〜 just pretend im being serious okay〜

i saw many useful~ reply post from Mr.BreadstickNinjaBread floating around and also her/his helpful memrise deck〜 so i think people can measure who has a real contribution is〜 there’s also another weirdo 60 who love being funny but always give useful clue but i won’t mention those weirdo right now〜 (sorry BreadstickNinjaさん i don’t know your gender)

instead you just whinning like this and this

i don’t want judge you why you behave and have tone like this〜 maybe you have harsh reality in past and caused your mindset broken〜 and also you always boast everything with your boyfriend、instead can you make try making stuff alone and independence without relying your boyfriend skill?i know whinning is easier than self trying、or you trying to become an emotional vampire?

by the way im just fledgling small level〜 〜 since you had higher level than me、had more knowledge and know enormous amount vocabulary than me、 had more experience than me、 feel free to bash me or whatever、 okay〜 i wish after you attack me all around you can relieved a bit〜

enjoy and have a dark days〜

Minamix I don’t know what I just read, but I do know that I loved it.

Stagrid said... Minamix I don't know what I just read, but I do know that I loved it.
 +1
Lotelia said...
Stagrid said... Minamix I don't know what I just read, but I do know that I loved it.
 +1
 +1

That was amazing minamixdropsさん. I love your words<33333
minamixdrops said... Dear Mr. AlwaysForgottenMem、

me and my boyfriend and is my one and only true contribution to this site lol 

im don't like being serious〜 just pretend im being serious okay〜

i saw many useful~ reply post from Mr.BreadstickNinjaBread floating around and also her/his helpful memrise deck〜 so i think people can measure who has a real contribution is〜 there's also another weirdo 60 who love being funny but always give useful clue but i won't mention those weirdo right now〜 (sorry BreadstickNinjaさん i don't know your gender)

instead you just whinning like this and this

i don't want judge you why you behave and have tone like this〜 maybe you have harsh reality in past and caused your mindset broken〜 and also you always boast everything with your boyfriend、instead can you make try making stuff alone and independence without relying your boyfriend skill?i know whinning is easier than self trying、or you trying to become an emotional vampire?

by the way im just fledgling small level〜 〜 since you had higher level than me、had more knowledge and know enormous amount vocabulary than me、 had more experience than me、 feel free to bash me or whatever、 okay〜 i wish after you attack me all around you can relieved a bit〜

enjoy and have a dark days〜
good post 10/10 :D 

I don’t think this script is as useful as opposed to using another source (there are many for free) instead of WaniKani if all one really cares about is vocab.
Thank your boyfriend for the effort, though. He’ll be justly rewarded in crabs.

Get all the Vocab  practice you could possibly want with the Core 10k in Anki modded to emulate WaniKani!

/t/So-Much-Vocab/12050/1

Shameless plug achieved :slight_smile:

P.S. minamixdrops - your post is almost too much awesome.

hinekidori said... Get all the Vocab  practice you could possibly want with the Core 10k in Anki modded to emulate WaniKani!

/t/So-Much-Vocab/12050/1

Shameless plug achieved ^_^

P.S. minamixdrops - your post is almost too much awesome.
lmao
this
this is why i came
to see hine promote anki decks~~~!!!
seriously, they're very good, you all should try them out

Minamix you brought a tear to my eye! :')

Shameless plug of hine’s plug of all his great Anki resources.