[Userscript] Wanikani Item Inspector

Version 1.7.0 is out. Download it at the link at the beginning of the top post.

This introduces new features. First the buttons for exports are moved to the right hand side of the bar. There are a lot of new buttons and I needed to make room for them.

On the right hand side on top of the export buttons there is one for the settings and one to go to the Item Inspector thread.

On the left-hand side we have three new toggle buttons.

toggle1 This button toggles between table mode and list of icons mode. The table mode you are familiar with. The list of icons mode displays the items like this.

As usual when you move the mouse over an icon a popup will appear.

popup

The table data is displayed with markers.

marker

All items following a marker have the same value until a new marker indicates a change of values. You may turn off markers with a setting. You may also turn on or off the display of hours and minutes in date markers.

The next toggle changes the display of items between Japanese and English meaning. The intent it to support the studying of items in the opposite direction English to Japanese.

This toggle changes its appearance according to the current mode.

toggle2 English mode is on. Click to change to Japanese.

toggle3 Japanese mode is on. Click to change to English.

Tables in English mode.

Table

Icons in English mode.

English

The last toggle switches between link mode and audio mode. In link mode clicking on an item brings up the item page. In audio mode clicking on a vocabulary item plays the pronunciation audio. Radicals and kanjis have no audio so they remain links.

This toggle changes its appearance depending on the current state.

toggle4 Link state is on. Click to change to audio.

toggle5 Audio mode is on. Click to change to link.

Next is improvements to exports. I have a special request from @username21 and a tip from @Kumirei . It is time to give exports some love.

9 Likes

Good job and thank you for your consideration! Will be looking forward further updates!

P.S. Already working with exported decks, you’re my lifesaver.

1 Like

Mine stopped working after the update.
Instead of showing the itens it only shows “The table goes here” under the new header.

This is the error on the Chrome Developer Tools

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: tableData.tooltipEntry is not a function
at makeTooltipEntry (userscript.html?name=WaniKani%20Item%20Inspector.user.js&id=67241f4f-9507-4deb-831c-7e2142c3d708:2355)
at makeTooltips (userscript.html?name=WaniKani%20Item%20Inspector.user.js&id=67241f4f-9507-4deb-831c-7e2142c3d708:2405)
at createTopLeechTables (userscript.html?name=WaniKani%20Item%20Inspector.user.js&id=67241f4f-9507-4deb-831c-7e2142c3d708:2602)
at displayItems (userscript.html?name=WaniKani%20Item%20Inspector.user.js&id=67241f4f-9507-4deb-831c-7e2142c3d708:2317)
at updatePage (userscript.html?name=WaniKani%20Item%20Inspector.user.js&id=67241f4f-9507-4deb-831c-7e2142c3d708:2309)
at eval (userscript.html?name=WaniKani%20Item%20Inspector.user.js&id=67241f4f-9507-4deb-831c-7e2142c3d708:2932)

1 Like

I will try to reproduce the problem. Can you go into the settings and get me a screenshot of what you see there? Don’t change any settings. I need the exact picture at the time of the crash.

There you go!!

I added a -2 Level SRS based on the “Previous Level SRS” that was renamed to -1.
And added a fourth and fifth popup element on leeches and failed last review, leaving the third popup element as none

2 Likes

Thanks. I am looking into it now.

Version 1.7.1 is out. Download it at the link at the beginning of the top post.

This is fixing the bug reported by @guiljb - please let me know if everything works fine for you.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
It’s working perfeclty now!!!

1 Like

Is there a place to go for people who want to use the script but can’t figure out why it is not working?

1 Like

This is here. Do you have a problem? I have just released a fix for a bug. Does this help?

2 Likes

I think I got it. I reloaded chrome about 75 times and all of a sudden, it popped up! Thank you so much this is awesome.

My top leech is exactly what I thought it would be. lol.

1 Like

:clap:
I really applaud how prompt PRouleau has been attending to bugs. Thank you for improving the WK experience!

2 Likes

So I have a problem: nothing shows up. Like the script isn’t even installed.

Some more info

Browser: Firefox 80.0.1 64 bit for Ubuntu
All my Wanikani scripts:
wkscripts
Warnings/errors when I load the dashboard:

1 Like

I am able to reproduce the problem. I am currently looking for a fix.

2 Likes

I have not found the bug yet but I found it doesn’t happen when you install Heatmap 3.0.0 BETA. If you don’t want to wait for me this is the way to go.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/410911-wanikani-heatmap-3-0-0-beta

1 Like

Had a look at it out of curiosity and it looks like you’re using wkof.ready before wkof.include

1 Like

Yes, I noticed. I fixed that but I still have the problem.

1 Like

I installed the script in the meantime by myself (to check my most-lessons-done day for this thread) and yours started working (even with the 2.0 version of the heatmap). Thanks anyways, hope you can find the bug.

Curious. Just putting the include on the line about the ready did it for me

1 Like

I did that and it didn’t work for me. My startup sequence was a mess. I thoroughly cleaned it up and fixed a few more bugs in the process. I am about to post the fix.

1 Like