[Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

My email to ‘hello@wanikani’ was specifically regarding the long response time to the query that asks for reviews not already cached. The response was, “Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we’ll take a look.” I suspect that if there is a fix, it’s either not trivial, or it’s expensive, or we would have seen some improvement by now.

2 Likes

Yes, I checked on the bug ticket and there has been some discussion on wanting to fix this one when we have extra time. We can’t say when exactly that will be, but hopefully sooner rather than later :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I have incorporated this change into the review cache

1 Like

Hmm, after updating, the heatmap isn’t appearing any more. The cache I think is loading much faster when no new reviews though, based on how long the GanbarOmeter takes to load (I think I read at some point that they use the same cache, otherwise ignore that :sweat_smile:)

Maybe this console error is related to the problem?

2 Likes

I think they removed the review cache from that script because they only need the last week’s reviews

That’s strange, I don’t think I changed anything that should break anything. If you click the link in the top right of the error where does it say it occurred?

Clicking the link in the top right just takes me to here:

I’ve also tried reinstalling the script, but it hasn’t fixed it

1 Like

I see what the issue might be. It shouldn’t be an issue, but some script handlers like to complain about it I think. Try 3.0.49

2 Likes

All working again, thank you!

1 Like

So… the Heatmap is working for me again and I have no idea why. I tried a few things, updating and stuff, but today it suddenly works again without changes to yesterday. So I guess the previous solution ‘It worked when I tried it on another day’ is still working (8 days for me). I’m glad it works again.

1 Like

I’m happy it resolved itself!

1 Like

I installed the script with grissyfork and the openframework , It doesn’t apear to me though . any way for me to determain what causes this?

1 Like

Have you provided the API token to the Framework yet?

Have you allowed it to finish loading? The Heatmap requires review data to be fully loaded.

Did it resolve itself?

1 Like

lol what is up with the “did it resolve itself?” ?

because it did resolve itself after a review session now 0_0

haha thanks bud

2 Likes

Small bug report. My streak of lessons was broken on a day when I hadn’t progressed enough to get more lessons in the queue. So I did 0 lessons that day because there were zero to do.

1 Like

Have you enabled that setting?

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I see it does exactly what I wanted.

3 Likes

The latest update appears to have completely broken this script for me, it remains stuck at “Loading Data…Wani Kani reviews” indefinitely. Anyone else?

1 Like

Can you check the console for errors? Hit F12 then go to the Console tab

1 Like

Here you go.

1 Like

Looks like the same issue as @Rrwrex encountered last October. For them it went away on its own. I don’t think it’s an issue with the script itself

4 Likes