[Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

Unless you’re the most consistent person ever it will eventually no matter whether you lost a day in the beginning :wink:

2 Likes

Haha I figured as much :< You’re right, I’ll just take the hit now and it probably won’t be a big deal in the long run. Thank youuu

1 Like

Been using this for a while now and just wanted to say thanks! It works really well and is very motivating for me.
ありがとうございます!

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that although the settings backdrop accounts for dark mode, the the text doesn’t change to compensate:

1 Like

It doesn’t, that’s your theme’s CSS interfering with the WKOF settings module. Which theme are you using? I bet it does that to all WKOF settings dialogs. I can add some CSS to make it look like it should if you can link me the theme.

2 Likes
1 Like

I think that’s not Breeze Dark, as I use that style and already added CSS to stop it from messing up the settings dialog. Are you sure you don’t have any other styles running?

1 Like

Nothing else I have changes colors anywhere, no.

This is the first time this has ever been an issue though; all previous iterations of your heatmap were easily readable. I only noticed it now because my blue & red were replaced by the default green somehow. I thought that was due to an update, but at this point I have no idea :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Looks like Breeze Dark had updated to make the settings dialog dark as well. Since Valeth only updates the theme a few times a year I went ahead and reverted their changes. If they were reliably responsive I’d tell you to ask them to fix their theme, but I know it could take months. The settings dialog should now look like rfindley intended. I might make the anti-breeze-dark styling an option in a coming update, for those who don’t want it light even though it’s a mess with Breeze Dark.

Tl;dr: update

1 Like

I only just realized this, but apparently my first lessons and reviews were a day before I actually joined according to the heatmap. (I was kind of anticipating cakeday, but apparently it’s tomorrow :sweat_smile:)

image image

Maybe the dates of reviews are localized to your server or something? It’s a bit strange…

EDIT: Oh wait! I did my first reviews in Japan, which was at that time +8 hours in regards to the timezone I am in now. Could that explain it?

I use the UTC date provided by WK and offset it with your current timezone, so if you did your first lesson on the 17th in Japan that could very well have been the 16th where you are now.

1 Like

Hey Kumi, if it’s possible I’d like to be able to decide what date it would start from, as a resetter.

1 Like

It’s on the to-do list already :wink: (see bottom of OP)
It will probably be a good while before I can get the next update ready, though; I don’t have a lot of time to work on it.

1 Like

I second the request to choose which day to start from. This is embarrassing :frowning:

4 Likes

There is an option in “Settings” to change the first day of the week (Monday or Sunday).

If you click on the year it will hide/unhide the chart for that year.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. I will definitely use the hide feature.
I meant, for example, choosing to start the heatmap from March 2019 now that I’m able to spend time on Wanikani again. Seeing 6 for average daily reviews makes me sad! Though I’m sure there are other tools that I can use to see the my average daily reviews for certain days.

3 Likes

Hello, I’m not sure why but this suddenly stopped working after April 1st:

I tried resetting both reviews and lessons to force reload it, but didn’t work. Anyone having a similar problem?

2 Likes

It seems to still be working for me, so maybe it’s something on your end?

2 Likes

I see that your current streak is still keeping track, so perhaps it’s only something wrong with how it’s being displayed. Did you check the console for errors?

1 Like

Found only these errors. Hm. Maybe I should try just reinstalling the extension.

Edit: Reinstalling didn’t work.

Looking at the script sources of the errors, none are from heatmap. And looking at the svgs, the class isn’t being added to April 1st and April 2nd. I’m not sure what’s the problem here.

(I’m gonna need this for the final screenshot when I hit 60, so this is a bad timing :joy:)

2 Likes