[Userscript]: Reorder Ultimate 2 [newest]

Exact same issue for me as well

As it turns out, this is due to a change in Wanikani yesterday. They changed their use of jStorage so that is uses sessionStorage instead of localStorage. That causes everything in jStorage to be lost outside of the current session.

I’ll have a fix in a few minutes.

@SgtAdamCDN @sornvru @39dearMIKU @cubix

7 Likes

I had a feeling it would be something like that. Thanks for the update.

The issue of lost settings is fixed now. Please update.

While fixing it, I found a few other ‘issues’ in the code (mostly the bad use of duplicate ID tags), which I cleaned up. I hope I didn’t break anything in the process. This is not actually my script, so I’m only partly familiar with the code. But I did some testing, and it all seemed to work okay. Please post here if you find additional problems. Thanks!

9 Likes

Hi it’s me again x’D

2 Likes

Woah, what the heck??
Try turning off other scripts first to see if that fixes it. I know there has been a lot of style scripts coming out lately, and sometimes they’ve affected other scripts.

1 Like

Yup I’ve tried that. Also reinstalling :confused:
It appeared after my “problem” with the timeline. I have no idea what I did. Only deleted cookies and turn stuff off and on again.

Did you also try disabling the theme? Kind of looks like Breeze Dark?

Yup it’s Breeze Dark T_T
MY EYES!!! S-s-s-so bright

Thanks again! Is there a way I can fix this?

1 Like

Might have better luck asking someone over on the Breeze Dark thread. I don’t have any lessons so I can’t have a look at it myself

1 Like

Fixed!

I deleted row 1890. It fixed the problem, for as far I can see.
Have no knowledge of coding, searched for “reorder”.

2 Likes

By the looks of it just removing the width property should suffice

1 Like

This makes sense

A few days ago, when I updated Reorder to not use jStorage after a WK change, I noticed that the original author was using duplicate tag IDs, (e.g. #reorder), which is technically a violation of HTML, though browsers won’t usually have a problem with it.

My fix was to add #reorder_ultimate to the top-level element, and changed the multiple instances of #reorder to .reorder. So, Breeze Dark would need to change the CSS rules accordingly.

I also changed #sort-types to .sort-types and #sort-levels to .sort-levels.

(Reorder could really use a rewrite, but it’s way too low of a priority :sweat: )

2 Likes

This is off topic but BunPro features some very questionable use of IDs. They seem to use them kind of like classes and custom attributes. It’s kind of crazy, each time I open the developer console it gets flooded with literally thousands of duplicate ID warnings, to the extent that it freezes for a while. In the case of BP it’s definitely a problem sweat_smile

Sounds like @_Mashira could just change out id^ for class^, then, and keep their styling

1 Like

Good to know. I was just about to re-add the IDs (while leaving the classes)
 but if it generates warnings, I think I’ll leave it corrected. My “Programmer’s OCD” didn’t want me to put the IDs back in anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure a couple of warnings wouldn’t hurt wink, but I’m all for proper form

1 Like

Yep, that worked as well.

I recently wrote a static reorder script (always filters and reorders in the same way) for myself, so I have some understanding now of how this all works. If I have some extra time this summer I might be up for attempting a fully featured reorder script of my own. Not that I think I could do any better than you or the original author sweat

1 Like

I don’t know why but ever since the crash this week the script hasn’t been working for me anymore D: anybody else having problems? No more reordering :sob:

Could you clarify “not working”?
Just not showing up at all? Or not sorting, not displaying correctly?

Check the Javascript console for errors (press F12 and click the Console tab).

Also, try turning off other scripts and styles to see if it starts working.

2 Likes