[Userscript] Item Marker

Hey! This is really useful!

EskimoJo said... Hey! This is really useful!
 Indeed! So annoying I somehow missed this 4 months ago.

oh em gee…this is a script I’ve been needing for a long time!  When I’m doing reviews etc, I tend to find a few words that I get mixed up but can’t find them later again when I’m done.  You’ve made my studying so much easier.

Sometimes I have to click on the Tampermonkey button in Chrome for the script to appear on the page. Be it review page or dashboard.

This is really useful, I think it’s probably the best way to deal with leeches. 

I’ve been finding this really useful. Thanks for making it!

One small extra feature I’d really love would be if on the dashboard items could display reading and meaning if you hover over them (like your current level radicals and kanji do). Would such a thing be possible / easy to do?

I’d be nice if I could export the current marked items’ list to Anki. It surely needs extra memorization.

patarapolw said... I'd be nice if I could export the current marked items' list to Anki. It surely needs extra memorization.
 That sounds like a good idea. I was thinking about extending this script anyways, so I'll keep that in mind.
irx11 said...
patarapolw said... I'd be nice if I could export the current marked items' list to Anki. It surely needs extra memorization.
 That sounds like a good idea. I was thinking about extending this script anyways, so I'll keep that in mind.
Thanks. I'll be waiting for the update. 

Would there be any way to view all your marked items at once with meaning and reading together (like the display on a level page)? Alternatively, could the item info appear as a hover over box on the main screen (like current level kanji)?

I think this is one of the most useful scripts but when it comes time to “actually do something about” my marked items it’s a bit of a faff to click in and out of each one to get the info.

Edit: Ha, just noticed I posted a very similar thing on page one a couple of months ago. Well, at least I’m consistent.

My python script to review marked vocab: http://pastebin.com/aUi3t62k
It works with any vocab list separated by “;” between words.

The Item Marker script has been extended.

2 new features were added to the review session page:

• Warning during reviews: When a marked item is encountered during a review !!! are added before and after the item, to inform you that the item is one of the marked ones.
  • Input delay: When a marked item is encountered, the input box is hidden for 30 seconds. This forces you to think about your answer.

Both features need to be enabled in the options. They are disabled per default.

I implemented these things to deal with leeches. My marked items contain my leeches, and especially the input delay has been so far quite useful in dealing with them.
Please try for yourself if this is in anyway useful to you.

A new update. The script now supports multiple lists at once. So basically you have 5 lists where you can store your marked items in. The original marked items will have been moved to list A.
There are some buttons with each list so you can copy all items from one list to another (this just adds all items to the other list if it’s not already in there).

Can I disable list B-E, so that I don’t have too many lists?

Not at this moment. I’ll add this to my todo list for the future.

A way to collapse the lists in general would be nice as they take up way too much space.

1 Like

Sounds good too. Added to by todo list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done, by reverting to V3.0

It is also possible for V4.0 to disable list C-E, by deleting code line 748-777.

Also, I want to hide some buttons, the solution is adding this before line 1367, and

in line 1367.

I like this script, but it isn’t working for me - - my lists are being deleted between each browser session, because I have set Firefox (v58) to clear cookies on close. For whatever reason, I’m not willing to change that setting, and am having trouble finding a method to exempt certain sites from the “delete cookies on close” setting. I’ll keep looking for a solution on my own, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

This script looks awesome and like total game-changer. Can’t wait to try it out! Are you still updating it?