[Userscript]: Double-Check (Version 2.x)

Still seeing that undefined warning.

@seanblue @Oshin,

:point_right: [ v2.1.3 ] - Fix no-cigar ā€˜undefinedā€™ message, add item-info settings, rearrange settings

The Settings dialog is rearranged onto several tabs now:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just tested it. Excellent! It worked now!

4h later. Edit: The SRS Level in Review only worked for the last item (Thing like ā€œApprenticeā€ after I answered reading and meaning for an item). The other itemsā€™ message were still swallowed/gone like my first bug report (though I donā€™t have to press ā€œFā€ when Iā€™m wrong now). Iā€™m back to WK Override & WK Lightning Mode now until itā€™s fixed.

Iā€™m definitely going to get this a go Because I use voice For the English definitions and sometimes Siri doesnā€™t understand me.

Have you thought about adding a toggled option ā€œAutomatically open Item Infoā€ to ā€œDelay when multiple meaningsā€?

You know where the question is coming from)

A shortcut for lightning mode would be nice :eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Override stopped working for me so I finally switched to Double Check. I have one issue, though. With Double Check off and the old lightning mode on, I get no green bar when I answer something correctly, but with Double Check on, and only ā€œallow retypingā€ checked, I do. Itā€™s rather annoying.

Is this something you can fix?

:point_right: [ v2.2.0 ]

• Fix SRS up/down popup in lightning mode
  • Fix green bar blink in lightning mode
  • Fix button auto-layout (was incorrect when Reorder not installed)
  • New auto-info options.
  • New option for setting SRS up/down popup duration in lightning mode.

@Kumirei, @Oshin, @EyeShield77

@FlamySerpent ,
Iā€™m not convinced of the value of a hotkey for lightning mode, though youā€™re welcome to persuade me.

Did you know about the quick-enable button? (You can enable it in the settings)
If so, do you really toggle it often enough that clicking the button is burdensome?

5 Likes

Sometimes I would love to check all of the other meanings/reading to the word or kanji so I would have to toggle lighting off. I do that by clicking that button, but I have to take my mouse. That takes a lot of time and lightning mode is all about the speed, isnā€™t it? :wink:

Was that good enough?:DD

Edit: Also Iā€™m sometimes afraid that I might get (in)transitivity wrong, so the quick check would be nice. And some other instances where I might forget how to write that word correctly in english

:point_right: [ v2.2.1 ] - Add hotkey for Lightning Mode (Ctrl-L)

2 Likes

Thank yoooou!! I really do appreciate it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@rfindley Looks like the popovers generated by the script no longer show up on top of the buttons.

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ they did for me. Could you investigate the z-index?

The z-index of the popover message is 1000. The buttons themselves donā€™t seem to specify a z-index, but the div containing the button set has a z-index of 11 (id=additional-content). When I turn my scripts off, the z-index for that element is 0 and it displays correctly. It looks like line 569 of double check adds css that changes the z-index to 11.

Of course, 1000 is obviously greater than 11, so Iā€™m not sure why this is happening. Granted, my knowledge of how z-index works isnā€™t greatā€¦

Iā€™m out of reviews for the night now, so I canā€™t help investigate anymore. If you look into it more, close but no cigar from double check or an onā€™yomi/kunā€™yomi warning should demonstrate the issue. The ā€œmultiple readingsā€ warning doesnā€™t demonstrate it because that message is displayed lower.

Ahh, that explains it. Thanks for the investigation!! Iā€™ll work on this in the next few days.

If youā€™re ever interested, I have a script that blocks review submission. Itā€™s super handy for testing review-screen scripts. Just refresh, and all of your reviews are back where they started.

1 Like

Thanks! :pray:

1 Like

This script doesnā€™t seem to work for me :confused:
I get the following error message:
ā€œERROR: Execution of script ā€˜Wanikani Double-Checkā€™ failed! wkof is not definedā€
Iā€™m running firefox 65.0 on Linux

Edit: I clearly just forgot the dependency on Wanikani Open Framework

2 Likes

Still getting this with 2.2.1.
I have enabled retyping, delay when wrong, lightning mode (and button), and open item info when wrong.

Thank you! Youā€™re a national hero!

Hmmā€¦ I was unable to reproduce it originally, so the changes I made were speculative. I think Iā€™m even skipping the part where it turns green, though WKā€™s code still undoubtedly changes it very brieflyā€¦ though that should be true of the standalone Lightning, too.

Are you on Firefox? I know FF rendering is much slower (in my experience), so maybe thatā€™s why Iā€™m not seeing it in Chrome.

1 Like