[Userscript]: Double-Check (Version 2.x)

Has the lightning mode feature stopped working for anyone else? It just stopped working today for me.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it working again!

Continuing the discussion from [Userscript]: Double-Check (Version 2.x):

I installed Double-Check and think I followed all the installation tips (having WKOF load first, etc.) but I am getting a javascript error: ā€œRefused to execute a script because its hash, its nonce, or ā€˜unsafe-inlineā€™ does not appear in the script-src directive of the Content Security Policyā€ that appears to be coming from the Double-Check script. Iā€™m on MacOS Monterey, Safari 15.1. Any ideas for fixing this?

edit: Maybe not a Double-Check problem. I see the same error when doing other things on Wanikani site.

Do you have an ad blocker running? Sometimes ad blockers mess with browser security settings and cause problems for TamperMonkey. It might also just be a security setting that youā€™ll need to change in Safari, but Iā€™m not familiar enough with Safari.

When I have this enabled, things simply donā€™t get marked as done (as in, they keep coming back indefinitely). However, if I refresh the page, the reviews that I have completed go away.

1 Like

Do you have Script Compatibility Mode turned on in the Wanikani settings? It should be turned off.
If that doesnā€™t solve it, then itā€™s probably another script causing the problem.

Oh, I thought most peopleā€™s problem was that itā€™s turned off. Iā€™ll try that then.

No ad blocker. Here are my security and privacy settings in Safari:

Nope, still doesnt work, cant even advance now, no clue what other script would mess with it.

Try turning off all other script except the Wanikani Open Framework. If another script interferes the problem should go away. The pinpoint which script is the culprit turn you scripts back on one by one. The culprit will cause the problem to reappear.

Recently got a Chromebook for stuff like Wanikani. Occasionally the continue button stops working, and Iā€™ve just checked the console and it seems like this extension is having an issue. Any ideas why this might be happening?

react_devtools_backend.js:4045 Error: CLEANINGUP is taking a long time
    at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (form.js:127:23)
    at HTMLButtonElement.click_submit (userscript.html?name=Wanikani%20Double-Check.user.js&id=a098f96c-0407-4eb0-9f97-f6d1a9b0df2b:842:28)
    at eval (userscript.html?name=Wanikani%20Double-Check.user.js&id=a098f96c-0407-4eb0-9f97-f6d1a9b0df2b:706:34) {name: 'cleaningupDelay', context: {ā€¦}}
overrideMethod @ react_devtools_backend.js:4045
u @ notifyHoneybadger.js:32
(anonymous) @ form.js:127
click_submit @ userscript.html?name=Wanikani%20Double-Check.user.js&id=a098f96c-0407-4eb0-9f97-f6d1a9b0df2b:842
eval @ userscript.html?name=Wanikani%20Double-Check.user.js&id=a098f96c-0407-4eb0-9f97-f6d1a9b0df2b:706
Promise.then (async)
new_submit_handler @ userscript.html?name=Wanikani%20Double-Check.user.js&id=a098f96c-0407-4eb0-9f97-f6d1a9b0df2b:693
dispatch @ application-fcfa8e614d53542baf1fc02697e12216e8167a19fc88d79ecb4e0f70a3671bc9.js:26
g.handle @ application-fcfa8e614d53542baf1fc02697e12216e8167a19fc88d79ecb4e0f70a3671bc9.js:25

Actually still getting similar errors (without reference to the userscript) with the script disabled - think itā€™s a Wanikani issueā€¦

1 Like

This script doesnā€™t work. I followed all the instructions for installing everything it requires and it didnā€™t do a single thing. No changes to the WaniKani UI or anything.

It sucks because WaniKani is deliberately designed with the problems this is supposed to fix so it can suck subscription money out of you by wasting your time with unfair dings against you for typos and crap that set you back days or even weeks.

Open the Javascript console (press F12 and click the Console tab), and post any errors you see.

Also, youā€™ll need to be specific about what browser and script manager you are using, and confirm which specific installation steps youā€™ve done.

The most common problems are (a) unknowingly missing required installation steps, and (b) plugins interfering with scripts.

1 Like

Well, I donā€™t know why, but disabling and re-enabling all my add-ons/plug-ins got it working somehow. Thanks for mentioning that!

2 Likes

Strange bug Iā€™ve noticed, not sure if itā€™s with this one or wkof menu, but if you change your options in the settings, and then exit out with the close button, the settings get applies, but donā€™t get shown in the settings menu if you reopen it. So if you for example disable retyping, but close out with the cross, you wonā€™t be able to retype, but the settings menu will show it on.

Double-Check conflicts with Quiz Pitch Accent

When both are active Quiz Pitch Accent partially stops working. That is Quiz Pitch Accent still filters out apostrophises that it uses to indicate pitch accent however it no longer corrects pitch accent or forces the user to input pitch accent

I made a github bug report for their script already

This is a difficult to report bug, but Iā€™m going to do my best.

What happens:
When I have both Double-Check and Reorder Buttons enabled, there is some sort of conflict that happens under the right circumstances. I have had reviews load in and been unable to type at all, but more commonly I will get an answer right but be unable to advance to the next review.

Screenshot:

Info:
I have Script Compatibility turned ON. When I have it off this issue doesnā€™t occur, but I have a few scripts that only work with it on that I want to integrate, so Iā€™m hoping that this issue can be ironed out.
Iā€™m on Windows 10, using Chrome and Tampermonkey. I have uBlock Origin, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s involved.
I had all my other scripts turned off when I reproduced the issue, and everything appears to go smoothly when JUST Double-Check or JUST Reorder Buttons is enabled.

How to (attempt to) reproduce:
Switch between the different sorting orders, reload, and advance a couple reviews. I think itā€™s a specific ordering thatā€™s causing it, but Iā€™m not quite sure which one it is because half the time it doesnā€™t crop up. Hopefully the error log can help pinpoint the issue.

The error log points to an issue in the double-check script, but if this is something that needs to be fixed on Sonariusā€™s Reorder Buttons let me know. My last message on that thread mentioned the conflict and I didnā€™t get a response, which makes me think they figured it wasnā€™t on their end (or they got tired of me responding lol).

Thanks in advance.

Would it be possible to make this script compatible with the new Extra Study feature?

Edit: Mainly referring to Lightning Mode. Since Extra Study reviews donā€™t impact progress, there isnā€™t really the same need to fix typos etc.

Iā€™ll take a look when I get some time, maybe tomorrow.

1 Like

I have the same exact bug with the Double-Check script but I do not have any reorder scripts installed. This script seems to have an issue with typing info whenever I get something right.

I have been having issues for weeks where I could not use any of the scripts (been using no scripts at all meanwhile) ā€¦ because I had no time to check exactly which script was giving the issue because of university exams. Anyway, after finding your reply I turned it off and now the website work perfectly on chrome.

I will say, it is not only a bug where the ability to type goes off after a successful guess: Often in some specific circumstances I could not press enter after a few tries, for example. I thought it was normal but after I turned this script off now everything works perfectly.

When I check the logs having the script on and off there doesnā€™t seem to be an error logging for it thought.