[Userscript] Advanced Context Sentence 2

The latter, I find it very usefull.
It might be much to ask, if needed can fund the cost for it as you also have bills to pay.

Oh I see already offerd some thing, ah no worries still stands as is.

This is one of my favourite userscripts! :trophy: Thanks for making this!
I love the fact that I can use my newly acquired knowledge (or test it!) trying to read the context sentences after cramming yet another kanji into my brain, and then check my attempts of actually making sense of it all :exploding_head::sweat_smile:
I can’t wait until the script works like it used to before the WK update :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

@Xytherior @Dck81 Sorry that it took so long, but I finally updated Advanced Context Sentence 2. In version 2.12, the tooltips and the kanji highlighting should work again.

3 Likes

Hurray! :smiley: Thank you! You are such a hero to me right now! :star_struck:
有難うございます :cherry_blossom: :tada::1st_place_medal::durtle_love:

1 Like

Hello, I am using this script WaniKani Hide Context Sentence for hiding context sentence translations but does not seem to be working. I think may be related to this error but unsure. Is there a more up to date script?

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘data’)
at showGuesses (userscript.html?name=ConfusionGuesser.user.js&id=3875aac0-8e86-4cdd-b8cd-e3690b574869:222:37)
at handleMutation (userscript.html?name=ConfusionGuesser.user.js&id=3875aac0-8e86-4cdd-b8cd-e3690b574869:203:4)
at Array.forEach ()
at MutationObserver. (userscript.html?name=ConfusionGuesser.user.js&id=3875aac0-8e86-4cdd-b8cd-e3690b574869:194:46)
at MutationObserver.nrWrapper (review:6:14352)

Hi, I really like this script to get some better idea about the sentences build around the kanji and vocab.
But I think there are some mistakes in which of the readings are being used.
I had the vocab for お父さん and the voice said ochichisan
and for 二月 it said nitsuki.
I believe that readings are never like that or am I wrong?

Most voice synthesizers occasionally have problems with choosing the correct reading, so it’s good to always take the audio with a grain of salt. If you have Open Framework installed, you can open the Advanced Context Sentence settings menu and try out a different voice synthesizer (they are provided by your web browser, so depending on your browser you will get different options – I got really good results with “Microsoft Nanami” in Microsoft Edge).

Thanks for you work on this! Would it be possible to apply it to the “Patterns of use” “Common Word Combinations” as well?

After the recent update, the little speaker icon no longer shows up for me and I can’t play the sentences out loud at all

2 Likes

As always thanks for the amazing work Sinyaven. @Sinyaven
Maybe it’s something I’m doing wrong but like the comment above the speaker and the link to ichi.moe have disappeared for me.
Any ideas or help?

1 Like

I noticed the same issue yesterday.

It appears that the span of the speaker is utilizing CSS classes from fontawesome.com, such as “fa-solid”. However, it seems that these classes aren’t being resolved to display the icons. My assumption is that WaniKani might have removed Font Awesome from their codebase?

To resolve this, I believe we have two potential solutions: either manually add the Font Awesome library to the add-on, or replace the icon classes with SVGs or a similar alternative?

This is correct. See here.

2 Likes

@hiyyo_wo, @Alex_Makncheese, @marwro, the issue of the missing icons should now be fixed in version 2.18. The script is now using @Hubbit200’s Custom icons Library.

4 Likes

You are a legend. Tales will be told of your monumental efforts.
本当にありがとう。また今度