The option to change the definition of words and to remove words

Personally I dislike some definitions you’ve put for words such as 下さい and there are some words I’ve learned form previous lessons, so I would like to remove them to make practicing go quicker.

You dislike the definition for ください??

Anyhow, you can add user synonyms if you want to change it to something else, but you can’t remove any items. I also don’t understand what you mean by “words I’ve learned from previous lessons”. Maybe give us an example?

I can’t see how removing built-in answers is going to make things quicker. By all means add your own answers though. You can remove those at least.

Eh? Those are the meanings for the word, how can you dislike them?

1 Like

4 Likes

please…<_<

I meant before I joined wanikani. I used an app called Human Japanese that taught me some Japanese grammar and words (Really good app for beginners btw). 下さい actually means something like “to give” instead of please. Hence why 会社の社長がプレゼントを下さった is a valid sentence. My memory is kinda fuzzy, so I’m not sure if this is true, but in Japanese if you conjugate an action into a te it becomes an object which is why te kudasai works too. I’m pretty sure it’s something along the lines of “please give me this action” when that happens though.

I think you are confusing ください with 下さる, which is the honorific verb which means to “give”.

Oh, yea I did

You can add synonyms.

If you’re 100% sure you already know (the kanji for) vocab, you can at least add something quick to type like H as a synonym for all of those. However, it really doesn’t take up too much extra time, unless you’re talking about 100s of words.

There is also an “Anki mode” script, though I haven’t used it myself and I don’t learn as well with Anki anyway, so I can’t recommend it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.