The JLPT 2021 Thread (RESULTS OUT NOW!)

I think it’s because they expect that you’ll fail the listening if you don’t take notes during it?

1 Like

Sorry, I meant the vocabulary, grammar and reading test instructions on the front page are not the same as the listening test instructions. In fact they make a point that you can write notes in the listening 問題用紙 ( I believe it says something like メモを取って構いません) but it is never stated that you can do it on the other paper. I have taken JLPT 7 times in Japan, and it is the same every time.

edit - This could be a bit of an endless argument I think. So I will ask a proctor next time :rofl:

2 Likes

Some partial answer for N1 (but the comments are in Chinese)

But the vocab is easy to figure out.
https://jp.hjenglish.com/nenglikaon1/p1363698/

Got more correct than I thought, I had good guessing skills this time.

But I’m double ashamed because not only I missed the WK word 錯覚 but also the WK word 克明 :sweat_smile: Unfortunately I couldn’t have the time to get to the higher levels in my second run of WK.

Also,

絶賛: Mad at myself. I KNOW that one of the meaning of the kanji 絶 can be surpass/the best/exceedingly, so in this way it’s logical that 絶賛 would mean “high praise”, but 絶 is in so many negative words that I couldn’t believe it.
くつろぐ: It’s one of those word that I would have actually recognized in kanji (寛ぐ)

4 Likes

I also found this reddit comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/jlpt/comments/r9ex23/jlpt_122021_questionanswer_leak_watch_china_mia/

3 Likes

I don’t want to say how, but I have seen twice now with my own eyes how easy it would be put the entire test up online literally within a couple minutes of the test finishing, and I am sure people have devised ways of communicating while doing the test too. The lack of personnel and expertise, as well as the time difference makes the security of this test is very poor I would say. Of course cheating isn’t going to get you very far in life.

Our proctor made sure to sternly mention it (at least 3 times) that leaking the test questions or answers is a severe violation :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I don’t understand why someone would cheat on a test like this. Either you’re doing it for fun and test yourself, which cheating would make pointless. Or, you’re taking the test as a job requirement, in which case you’ll be found out immediately and fired.

Our classroom had a clock in it, although it wasn’t placed super well. Right at the end of the row I was in, so I had to full turn left to look at it.
It was a media room too. Bunch of tvs, big speakers, etc. But, cd from a boombox. Thankfully, high quality boombox, very loud and clear. As well as zero background noise. Nice quiet campus.

Proctor mentioned multiple times that any sort of noise from a watch, cell phone, or other electronics would be an immediate disqualification. Made me paranoid my phone would somehow decide to turn itself back on (although to be extra safe I put it on silent before turning off).

Wish the wait for results wasn’t so darn long.

Oh, and at the end, the proctor reading off the “the test is now over” statement, referred to it as the 2019 JLPT. Got a few chuckles from the test takers, though she never seemed to notice.

8 Likes

The grammar/reading destroyed me as well, not so much in terms of being difficult but instead of running out of time. I think if I had just 10 more minutes to think and process, I would get most things right, as they weren’t unknown material. Instead I had to focus on the 2 big reading passages which needed a lot of time and careful reading to be able to answer to the questions, they weren’t the type of passages you could read diagonally and get over with. Oh well, we wait :woman_shrugging: *end rant

5 Likes

I mark everything up with notes (except ans sheet ofc). Especially for the starred grammar qstns and the reading section. I think I go through the sentences faster when I use something to point at the words and in this case, a pencil.

3 Likes

I think quick response in listening is hilarious even though there’s not much time to chuckle perhaps :laughing:

2 Likes

I just checked the answers for N3, and if these are accurate, I might have done better than expected.
I guess I’ll see when the results are out.

Any idea when they’ll be available ? I know we will receive the physical results in March 2022 but is there some place to see the results online before that date ?

1 Like

If you remember your password (that you entered during registration) and your participant ID, then you can look them up online around end of January.

6 Likes

Thanks, I had totally forgotten that I even entered a password anywhere !
Fortunately it was written in the confirmation email :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Same here for N3. I was not expecting so many things to read… Had to straight up guess 6 of them, and I’d only a quick look through for another 6ish.

Praying I make the sectional pass grade :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was in room C4 taking N1 haha

I failed N1 by 2 points in July but I couldn’t find time to study since September (I’ve been in vacation mode ever since). My Japanese did improve a lot (I have Japanese classes + part of my work is to read articles in Japanese) but since I didn’t work specifically for the JLPT, I feel like I didn’t do better nor worse than in July… hopefully I’ll pass this time :pray: お疲れ様 to everyone!

6 Likes

I could have swore they told us end of March…
Or was that just the certificate we get in mail if we pass?

1 Like

Thanks! :3 I think it went better than expected :eyes: :sparkles: woop woop

4 Likes

Yes, I think the physical certificate will be shipped around March or something.

1 Like

Well that’s I don’t have to wait as long as I thought to find out. Would be cool to have a certificate, though no idea what I’d do with it. Get lost in a drawer somewhere.

1 Like

I just have to say that I’m relieved to be done with this and am looking forward to spending more time on reading and immersion again. I didn’t learn Japanese so that I could study for multiple choice tests.

8 Likes