The 0/0 Streak Challenge

You can do this at level 16, I suppose. But this gets impossible around late 20s ish (if you’re particular about your accuracy)

2 Likes

I don’t know about that, I was doing a similar thing in my 20s too (not my first rodeo). Sixty lessons in one go really isn’t all that bad and then having no lessons for the next three days means you can take your time with reviews.

3 Likes

60 lessons is doable for me if it’s vocab, but 60 lessons with new kanji??? You must have really good memory O.o

4 Likes

It’s been about 8 months since I stopped levelling up every two weeks. And I’m super glad I slowed down, because as a full time worker, 100 reviews a day and 100 apprentice items is the maximum I can manage at this point. I managed to burn a lot of items (around ~3500) and over time the reviews started slowing down, and now I’m comfortable with taking a lot of lessons now. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Level: XVII
Streak: X

11 Likes

Level 60, 38 level streak! I have finally reached the end. This thread has been really motivating during my WaniKani journey, thank you very much for the inspiration! I remember starting to consistently get 0-0 in the beginning of the first lock-down, at level 22. Since then, I have gotten 0-0 every level. Since I wanted to post here and not lose my streak, I kind of had to get a 0-0 for each level. Therefore, my WaniKani habits got more consistent. Thank you for all the likes, and good luck to everyone else! I will try to be around. Here is my level 60 rant if anyone is interested:

14 Likes

I got my 0/0 for level 9, so that makes a streak of 3 for me. This time I managed to get it earlier in the level.

13 Likes

It’s been a while since I posted in this thread, but I’m at level 20 now and back down to 0/0 after not doing lessons for a while after moving across the country. Feels good to be caught up again!

I’m also back to the level I was at when I got so overwhelmed by my reviews last summer that I completely reset my progress, so now I’m finally learning new items on WK again!

14 Likes

I’m on a run… and this time with level indicator :grin:

lvl22-zero-zero

13 Likes

First time posting here, because for the first time I feel kinda proud of myself for reaching 0 lessons… I almost didn’t make it before level 10 :cowboy_hat_face:

14 Likes

Things a going smoothly since my reset. My pace is 10 lessons per day so I level up in about 15 days The advantage is my accuracy is very high that way. I don’t plan to accelerate the pace.

14 Likes

レベル: 十三
十三ベルの連続

11 Likes

Level 16! I’ve realised I should keep back some of the vocab lessons to make my days more even; I have been doing all the lessons at once when they appear and then I have a really busy day and then a reasonable day and then a boring day. I’m also slow at the moment anyway because I got my second vaccine (woo!) and I’m all floppy and achy! I’m trying to read Chihayafuru manga in Japanese and it’s SO HARD and I have to keep stopping to look what feels like absolutely everything up but it’s so rewarding when I recognise vocab!

15 Likes

not 0/0, but almost as satisfying for whatever reason

6 Likes

A moment of glory before I get swamped in reviews again… :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

12 Likes

0/0 on level 28
Current streak: 10

13 Likes

Checking in for level 10. In the process of tweaking my schedule, so I don’t have to do anything SRS related too late in the evening. Also, I value quality sleep, so that’s important. Sending good vibes for everyone’s progress.

Onwards!

14 Likes

its been a while…

みんな、頑張ろうね!

14 Likes

first “fast” level

14 Likes