Teasing Master Takagi-san šŸ˜ 惻 Volume 1, chapter 1

So when I read my first mangaā€¦I diedā€¦doing everything you are doing now it took me hours upon hours to get through a single page. Donā€™t feel bad when I tell you that I can get through a chapter of this in about an hour sometimes less, sometimes more depending on if thereā€™s vocab I have to stop and look upā€¦ That saidā€¦ @VikingSchism posted this on our vol6 thread

Just keep goingā€¦youā€™ll get faster :slight_smile: It just feels like it takes a while and can be frustrating when you end up feeling slow when you are doing just fineā€¦ Serious about my recommendation to stick with a chapter a weekā€¦until you finish this vol thoughā€¦donā€™t wanna ruin the funā€¦ the first manga you read will really be painful but when itā€™s done itā€™s gonna be even more thrilling than just a single chapter!!!

As an asideā€¦I have tried other short novels before but either they took too long or I couldnā€™t get into them (you probably are no where near ready yetā€¦but when you are I am really enjoying å¤œć‚«ćƒ•ć‚§, finished Ch8 yesterday and itā€™s holding my interest and the difficulty level for me now is just rightā€¦ working on the longer sentences and such where I have struggled for a long time and itā€™s getting easier to process (if there were more kanjiā€¦ugh why so much hiragana!!! donā€™t always parse things right but getting better hahaha) This will be the first short novel I actually finish (and probably keep reading!)

donā€™t worry the train feels like itā€™s going slower the further you go hahaā€¦ just keep goingā€¦this is probably why a lot of people give upā€¦it starts to feel impossible sometimesā€¦

Went 25 years ago (pre google maps/translation tools, didnā€™t know any Japanese) but it was only for 3 days and not really a vacation so this will truly be like the first timeā€¦ really starting to get excited ā€¦ hoping no wwIII, covid BS,ā€¦monkey poxā€¦FFS I just wanna take a vacation hahaha

2 Likes