Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 4 Discussion Thread [Volume Complete]

this was cute
and got to see a new face from é«˜æœšă•ă‚“ïŒ

edit - and populated vocab (getting more lazy)
putting less things I already know :laughing:

6 Likes

The more of this manga I read, the more I love it.
It’s just so sweet.

7 Likes
Story comments

Nishikata is starting to become aware of his own feelings :blush: Although Takagi is having to work pretty hard to make it happen. She dropped a pretty big hint at the end there!

By the way, I saw in a news article on Crunchyroll that the third season of Takagi-san is going to be on Hidive. The first season was on Crunchyroll, the second was on Netflix, and now the third is on Hidive. You need to subscribe to three different services to see the whole thing at this point :sweat_smile:

I haven’t watched the first season since it first came out, and I haven’t seen the second one. I’ll probably keep it that way, since it’s nice to not be sure what’s coming, and it will be better when I don’t know at all. I may rewatch the first season once we are past it in the book club. I’ll probably watch the others at some point too.

5 Likes

You can narrow it down to two by subscribing to VRV, which carries most of HiDive and Crunchyroll. Hopefully, Takagi-san will be included there, since it has the first season from Crunchyroll (though, not the second because Netflix is not included in VRV’s group of sources).

Edit to add: Though VRV only works in the States, technically (but that doesn’t affect me since I use VPNs all the time)

Edit again: Ah, apparently HiDive left VRV this year. So, back to 3 services it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well I know @MrGeneric hasn’t gotten to it yet today but I started 
 ran into something that I think I know what it means but it’s a bit confusing

Page 6 / Page 74

今旄ă‚ȘăƒŹă‚“ćź¶ă§ă‚čăƒ‘ăƒ—ăƒ­ă‚„ă‚‹ă‚“ă ă‘ă©ăŠć‰ă‚‚æ„ă­ăˆïŒŸ

Overall this is fine
but ă‚čパプロ Spa Pro? doesn’t make sense in the context of what’s happening
feel like this is a video game name or something
or a twist on super mario but renamed for manga
not sure
thus can’t add to the vocab list :wink:

4 Likes

This Twitter posting makes it sound like its a video game which includes the option to choose from a selection of characters to play as:

https://twitter.com/takagi3_anime/status/984383541025779712

I saw one web page where it’s speculated ă‚čパプロ is a manga-version of the パワプロ baseball video game series.

5 Likes

If anyone knew 
 figured you would
 it’s getting easier to figure some stuff from context, but this one had me puzzled

finished the reading
super cute

also lots of vocab that I know but seemed pretty heavy on (if it’s not my imagination) more recent vocab I’ve come across so populated a lot
 (will add this last one to the spreadsheet)

2 Likes

Sorry, everyone! Yesterday was a busy day for me, so I didn’t get a chance to update the thread! Hope everyone had a wonderful week!

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

4 Likes

I haven’t yet read the chapter, so I’m spitballing based on similar titles and your description, but could it be Smash Bros in that case? ă‚čマブロ is the the usual shortening of that in JP, and would fit the description of having a selection of characters to play as. But if there are specific baseball references, that would obviously rule out a fighting game like Smash.

6 Likes

well as you know with all the various life simulations
 for all we know there is an obscure Spa Pro game that simulates running an onsen or something :laughing:

5 Likes

Smash Bros sounds very likely. I have no idea how I didn’t think of that. In fact, when I first put ă‚čパプロ into a web search, it recommended that maybe I meant ă‚čパブロ.

For some reason I had spas on the mind, so I thought, “ă‚čパ鱹摂(ă¶ă‚)?” and moved on to searching for ă‚čパプロ specifically (by putting quotes around it).

Not quite ă‚čマブロ, but still close. I think a fighter game does sound more likely than a baseball game if talk of character selection came up in the anime.

5 Likes

Decided to just skip to this chapter, so I’m back! Will try to do some catch-up with the previous chapters that I missed in my own time

But it’s nice to be reading this again - having very little to look up is always a plus. Was a fun chapter especially with how Takagi just left Nishikata to stew instead of directly teasing him

5 Likes

Considering this chapter takes place the same day as the bonus story at the end of volume one, you don’t have to worry about missing anything chronologically =D

4 Likes

I think I may join in this week, since volume 4 is free on Bookwalker at the moment!

6 Likes

Welcome! We would love to have you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Just read this week’s chapter. The face Takagi made when Nishikata asked her to go home together. She was so happy :blush:

6 Likes

Hello everybody! I hope your week has treated you well! I look forward to being a bit more active in the discussions again this weekend. Next weekend is when I will post the polls for Volume 5, so look forward to that! As always, thanks to everyone here! Always a joy to read with you all!

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

5 Likes

when do we start vol 6? :partying_face: :tada:

5 Likes

I just read the chapter.

Story comments

It definitely looks like Takagi was happy to see Nishikata come to school early on her day to do day duty, only to be disappointed when it was for another duel. Don’t get ahead of yourself Takagi; it’s too early in the series for him to already be doing that just to spend more time with you :stuck_out_tongue:

This time I feel no sympathy for Nishikata since he was cheating. Her look of triumph when she showed her winning hand was great!

7 Likes

Just finished reading the chapter. One reaps what one sows, I suppose. :stuck_out_tongue:

Standout Panels/Story Comments

Aww, I know it’s definitely too early for Nishikata to be showing his feelings (or really, even realize them), but I definitely couldn’t help but feel a little bad seeing Takagi-san’s disappointment here. She got her hopes up, for sure.

Foreshadowing.

This much confidence, and Nishikata still didn’t realize the danger he was in. :laughing:

Love the smug grin here. Nishikata definitely got what he deserved, honestly. :stuck_out_tongue: Something tells me that had he not cheated, she probably wouldn’t have either, but she just knows him all too well.

8 Likes