Tab Notifications - A tiny userscript

Hey Crabgators,

I’ve made something I wanted for a while;  a tab notification in my browser for when reviews were available (I can’t count the times I’ve tabbed back to WK just to check). You can use it immediately on the dashboard, but if you wanna receive notifications across the site you can specify your API key.

Tiny and simple script that is very easy to configure. Here it is:

Tiny Tab Notifications

Changelog

• 1.1 - You can now specify your API key for extra functionality. Review numbers will show up on the tab and notification will work across the site (instead of just the dash).
  • 1.0 - Inital release

Bugs

Please submit bugs to the issues tab on Github

Ooh, handy!

Thank you very much. :smiley:

Lyrisath said... Ooh, handy!

Thank you very much. :D
 You're welcome! :) I'm really surprised Viet hasn't implemented this to begin with, but much more important things are at hand I guess.
Lyrisath said... Ooh, handy!

Thank you very much. :D
 By the way, you might want to update as there as been some improvement!

Interesting method you used to obtain the review count. I modified a user script someone had posted the other week and just grabbed the number once from the API once it was time there was a review, however, I also made it only notify me when there was a specific number (eg: 10 reviews) and with an ‘in your face’ window alert. Neat though.

Kaimera said... Interesting method you used to obtain the review count. I modified a user script someone had posted the other week and just grabbed the number once from the API once it was time there was a review, however, I also made it only notify me when there was a specific number (eg: 10 reviews) and with an 'in your face' window alert. Neat though.
 Ah I like that idea! Specifying when to show based on a user selected number. I agree that flashing notifications for 1 review could be annoying. I'll look into it.