Suggestion: Progress graph on item page

When viewing an item’s page, there’s a streak counter at the bottom with that items current SRS level. Would it be possible to show a line graph detailing the history of that item? I like data points, so seeing how a specific item as increased/decreased in SRS level VS time would be a neat addition.

1 Like

Ooh, there used to be a tool that actually did that, I’ll have a look around to see if I can find it.

EDIT: It did exist, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere :frowning:
Does anyone else know a link to it?
It used to be on a different page and showed the history of all items you ever reviewed and how they bounced back whenever you made a mistake.

2 Likes

Oh that’d be so awesome if there’s an existing tool. I’d also love to be able to toggle levels/radicals/kanji/vocab so you can see an average history of a group or individual items.

Are you thinking about lattices or some other script that did that? I can’t remember anything else except that :thinking:

2 Likes

https://www.wanikani.com/lattice/kanji/status

you have to hover to get the percentage but they are good… and purrty!

3 Likes

Whoa! Never knew this even existed, thank you for sharing!

1 Like

I think I know the one you are talking about (the one which showed a time trace for the level of each item, right?) but I can’t find it either.
At the same time the API changed since that time so it might not work anymore anyway :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

ah no… i got it from someone else…
here are the ones i found by playing around with the original links

there might be more…

3 Likes

I have a script that reinstates them into the navigation menu

Wanikani: Lattices

5 Likes

No there used to be a separate webpage that showed a graph of every item’s SRS stage over time. It didn’t get very popular, but I think it’s exactly what OP needs.

Phew, so I’m not hallucinating.
Yeah, it was probably before API 2 became standard.

3 Likes

Those two or three leeches that have been apprentice or guru for the past 10 levels be like

5 Likes

This is super awesome, I had no idea these menus existed. Are there any other hidden menus with information like this?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m a sucker for graphs, it would be awesome if this were reimplemented.

1 Like

Oh my god I found it! And it works with API 2

6 Likes

and poof! 8 bookmarks become obsolete!
tx for that, it’s much more convenient.

2 Likes

1 Like

Oh wow, this is beautiful. It’s exactly what I was looking for. I wish you could toggle which items show on the graph individually, but this is fantastic. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Ye, that’s definitely a shortcoming unfortunately. But you can at least see the worst of it

They were removed in May 2019 due to poor performance, so it’s not strange that you wouldn’t know about them. There are no other hidden pages

Oof, so long ago.

Wait, that’s the last time I did a review. This cannot be a coincidence.

2 Likes