Suggestion: Have a hide/reveal button on the level page

So when I do some revision I use the kanji page for the level I’m on, but its hard not to look at the readings below the kanji.

What I do is hide the reading and name by scrolling that part to the bottom of the browser window, so it cuts it off. I don’t know if many people do this so it might only be useful for me, but it’d be great if there was just a hide/reveal button so I can easily avoid looking at the answers and figure it out from just looking at the kanji.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean by “revision” here. There are some scripts for doing certain kinds of things with the kanji pages (or the kanji themselves), but I’m not sure which one to direct you to.

This can be easily done with adblockers, such as uBlock Origin, using the following filter syntax:

www.wanikani.com##[href^="/kanji/"] > ul > li:nth-of-type(1)

If you only want to hide them on the level pages:

www.wanikani.com/level##[href^="/kanji/"] > ul > li:nth-of-type(1)

The hide/reveal button is then just the adblocker’s on/off button.

3 Likes

Here is a user script that does what you’re looking for: [Userscript] Self-Study Hide Info
In general, there are a lot of helpful userscripts listed here that can enhance your learning: The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

Happy studying~~

5 Likes

thank you so much, never realised you can do so much customerisation. thank you for unlocking this for me!!

1 Like

It was enlightening for me too when I first found out about userscripts. Glad I could pass on the info!

I suggest you also look at the “Mobile Applications” section of The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps. There are apps that allow you to do reviews and lessons on the go - a lifesaver me!

1 Like

I think “revision” means “review” in some English dialects.

1 Like

Also in French.

1 Like

revision - to revise i.e. to go back over the kanji ive learnt. English from england.

doesnt matter if you can see in the other comments ive found what im looking for. thank you anyway

3 Likes

:open_mouth: Learn something new every day! Glad everyone else was more on top of things :slight_smile: