StatKani - Data visualizations for WaniKani

That kind of “crack” in the bar typically indicates that a bar’s total height is higher than the box the graph is held in.

For instance, here’s my graph.

Level 8 on there only looks a bit bigger than level 7. However, level 7’s time is about 20 days, whereas level 8 is at 77 days, almost 4 times as long. (Actually longer, but while on level 8 I reset to level 8, so my reset day is counted as the start.)

Purely linear scaling on the graph would result in this kind of graph for larger differences:

1 Like

Those are from items that you learnt which later got moved to a level above your current level during content modifications. WK doesn’t count those, and I’ll change StatKani to not count them either.

Yeah, the graphs seem to be broken for people who have done resets. If you’re comfortable doing so, you can send your API key to statkanibugs@gmail.com and I’ll fix it as soon as possible.

2 Likes

I just sent you my API, hope it helps!

2 Likes

Oho, stats. That’s interesting :eyes: I like the colors, they just… yeah! :ok_hand:

Level up chart and reviews heatmap

I don’t agree that this is 100% tho :joy: The completionist in me just disagrees:P

3 Likes

Thank you! I fixed the issue and your graph should work now :blush:

2 Likes

And I thought they said these were the fast levels…

4 Likes

out of curiosity, on the reviews graph, what is the ‘attendance %’ meaning?

1 Like

also curious what the variation of coloring means? is that related to total number of reviews that day?

1 Like

Attendance is the number of days you’ve shown up and done some reviews divided by the total number of days you’ve been on the platform.

Yep, the intensity of the blue is proportional to the number of reviews you did that day. (you can hover over to see the exact number)

2 Likes

Looks great! A couple of things I have always wanted (or wanted to be easier than going through all the work myself):

• A crosstab feature where I can see review accuracy vs. time of day, accuracy vs. stage, etc
  • Earliest possible date/time of next level-up. (i.e., not projected by past average performace, but no really, if right now I pass every radical and kanji the hour the review comes up, when will I level up?) (this would actually be interesting enough to have as a plug-in script right on the WK front page)
3 Likes

リアクトがいいですね!:smiley:

Looks like you might want to back off the requests just a tad to avoid getting rate limited.

1 Like

ah that explains why mine is 21%, i took a long break due to health issues and only recently restarted again.

1 Like

Will do! I actually sent an email to the WK team asking them to expose the rate limit headers so I know when it’s good to retry API calls. They implemented my request a few days ago so I’ll be able to eliminate failed requests entirely :+1:

3 Likes

Let me know if you would like any help responding to everyone’s bug requests or anything! I am mostly a backend developer these days but I’ve worked on quite a bit of frontend at work as well.

4 Likes

My number of locked items isn’t showing up for some reason :c

1 Like

It seems I neglected to add lessons to the locked item count. I just pushed a fix that should solve the problem. Good luck with with all of your 500+ lessons! :flushed:

3 Likes

All links send me to the graphs page (no dashboard), using safari and firefox.

1 Like

Now that’s a curveball. I just tried Safari and Firefox and I was able to login and navigate around as expected. Do you mean the navigation bar links are not working, or can you not even login?

1 Like

Something seems a little off on the heatmap around the new year, which is also throwing off the calculation of my current streak. The last day I didn’t do any reviews was Oct. 8, 2020, but it says my current streak is only 285 days. On the 2021 view, it says I did 0 reviews Jan. 1, and null reviews Dec. 29 to 31. On the 2020 view, it says I did null reviews Dec. 31 to Jan. 2, and 39 reviews Dec. 30 and 44 reviews Dec. 29. I actually did 43 on the 29th, 44 on the 30th, 39 on the 31st, 35 on the 1st and 26 on the 2nd.

Also, it says my longest streak is also 285 days, but it should actually be 368.

2 Likes

Do you unlock the reverse castle after getting to level 60? :eyes:

1 Like