SRS Name Stages

Hi all, returning user here. Was wondering about the proposed removal of SRS names like guru apprentice etc. back when they announced that API v2 would be launching on wanikani. Now that it’s live, the names are still here…? Am I missing something, I feel stupid.

There was talk of removing the SRS names?

This is what I read from a post on the announcements forum, unless I’m misunderstanding something

3 Likes

Well, I haven’t heard anything about new SRS systems, so they obviously haven’t done any of that yet.

I mean, I’m not that up-to-date on that kind of stuff, since I don’t really use the site for reviews much these days, but I figured I would have heard people mention it if the SRS stages had changed. And there’d be a flood of threads about it presumably.

Yeah lol, that’s why I was kinda confused I hadn’t seen any posts on it either.

I imagine those API change threads are long, but I’m guessing there was discussion about it within them.

Idk about removing, but thanks to a userscript (“rename SRS stages”) mine are currently called Youngling, Padawan, Jedi Knight, Jedi Master, Grandmaster. :star: :grin:

6 Likes

They think about removing the names because they think about having multiple SRS systems and it is hard to give names when the SRS stages don’t match. However this is a big change to Wanikani and they are not ready to roll that out yet.

• We don’t know what the changes will be.
  • We don’t know when the changes will happen.
  • They may still change their mind and cancel these changes.
  • They may find a way to keep names before they roll out the changes.

In this situation don’t panic and just enjoy the current names as they last.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.