Spy x Family (Intermediate Book Club)

Umm. I would ring them first…

Volume 1 was the last one in the shelves, but quite possible they just needed to restock? Also might be in more than one spot? Maybe?

4 Likes

The website still has 1 and some sort of 1-3 set in stock, so I’m gonna just gamble on it. One doesn’t make phone calls if one can help it. (Though I swear, I cannot work out their system for sorting the Japanese manga. They’re sorted in English alphabetical order by the first letter in the book titles in Japanese, but after that, it seems completely random.)

Also, mostly going for Yuru Camp volume 11. Just came out in English. :grinning:

6 Likes

Yep, they were out of volume one, and volume one only. In both Japanese and English. The woman at the Japanese counter said they’d be getting more in this week. Didn’t ask about the English ones.

(I did get Yuru Camp 11, though. And Flying Witch 10.)

7 Likes

Sorry!! :sob:

Whoops

1 Like

Well, we’ve still got a month until the group starts. Just gotta get around to heading into the city again sometime.

3 Likes

Where do you live? It’s about 90 mins on the train for me, and I don’t actually spend much time at home - I’m often interstate.

1 Like

Near enough that you can see the CBD from apartments higher in the building. And facing the right way. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

There appears to be anime series on Netflix in my region too. I am somewhere in South East Asia. But I like manga’s drawing more.

Not sure how to get the subtitle to learn. Perhaps a Chrome extension, or maybe some different methods?

1 Like

Are you familiar with this extension?

3 Likes

Have heard of it, but I haven’t watch Netflix for ages. (I still share costs with my friends.)

Also, I am on Firefox (because of historical reasons; many things to be displeased with, though). On another machine (PC), I use Edge (which I don’t like Microsoft’s stance either).

And it’s new to me that it can be used on YouTube.

At least, it can be used on MS Edge, so far. (Despite the description in Language Reactor website)

1 Like

One week until we start reading! I hope everyone’s copy has arrived or will arrive until next week!

12 Likes

I’m weirdly nervous. This will be my first forum book club ever!

11 Likes

Hulu has it. I just added it to my to watch list.

3 Likes

Mine as well. I am sure we can do it ^^

3 Likes

Hey, welcome to you and @ElliLawliet ! :tada:

Book clubs are fun, no need to be nervous. The important thing is not to be embarrassed when you don’t know or don’t understand something, and just ask away :blush: We’re all learners here, and we all struggle the same. Together we can get it sorted!

9 Likes

Bought a copy and ready to rummmmble by reading your comments mostly lol

10 Likes

Just bought myself a copy of the manga! So excited to be in another book club after some time :laughing:

10 Likes

Yeah same, been quite a while since I did a book club. (Although I did follow along the 日常 thread as I was reading that recently)

7 Likes

Yay, lets read rainbo-errr Japanese together! I’m looking forward to being able to take part properly, for a first.

6 Likes

Just got the first volume today!

I’m excited to join the intermediate club for the first time and am really glad I can join with Spy Family! I’ve been watching the anime (love it!) and sentence mining from it, so hopefully that’ll help with some of the more obscure words :joy:

8 Likes