Speed Run (Obligatory Level 60 Post)

All I really have to say is:
thanks WaniKani for teaching me so much!

59 Likes

Your slowest level is still faster than my fastest level haha.
Congratulations!

19 Likes

Wow, not even signing out of the forum and signing back into to get your gold badge, huh?

purpleStill

Are you even a speedrunner if you fail to compulsively sign out and back into the forum as soon as you level up? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, congrats! I imagine the last 20 levels or so in particular must have been difficult, with nearly double the workload.

4 Likes

Wow! Congrats!

3 Likes

What are you talking about? Speedrunners have no time for such nonsense :wink:

9 Likes

Wow congrats, what an effort!! Was it exhausting?

All the best for whatever your next step is! :tada:

6 Likes

Whoa that is insane, おめでとう!:confetti_ball: :tada: :tada: :tada:
Is this a new record?

5 Likes

I think there was a faster one a few weeks back but let me check

Edit: Yeah, it was this:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/so-there-and-nowhere-mandatory-60-level-post/44231

My goal is to be faster than the one I linked though. Its going to be hard though :smiley:

6 Likes

Do you think you might need to reset and go through WK again once you reach lvl 60?

I’m going through the fast levels now but I can’t imagine rushing through them. Lvl 50+ kanji are often rare and not all of them even have vocab, which us why I find them difficult to learn. Plus, I stumble on similar looking ones all the time.

Therefore, I’m keeping my ~8 days/level speed.

How was it for you @L7live12 ?

6 Likes

haha I was too excited! Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks! Yea it definitely wasn’t easy but thankfully I’ve had a relatively open schedule for the last year so it was manageable. Next step is moving to Japan in about 7 weeks to teach English!

18 Likes

Wow, congrats! Now you’ll be able to read more kanji than those brats you’ll be teaching! Or are you teaching adults?

1 Like

I think I’m planning on resetting after I burn everything. But I definitely agree, the kanji in the last 10 levels were not easy to get through at all. The way I did it was use the override script if I got a kanji wrong until it was guru-ed so that I could keep progressing but after that I would be honest and mark it wrong if I forgot it.

8 days/level is still super fast though, best of luck!

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ll need to reset. I’ve retained the stuff so far, including the Torii stuff I’ve been doing on the side. I may go and do a second run through of vocab through the kitsun 10k deck

1 Like

kids and adults!

2 Likes

Wow! great Achievement!

Congratulations

3 Likes

Just calculated this into total days and it came to 341 and a half days. That’s blazingly fast and I can only give my highest praise to you. Well done on coming so far, and at such an incredible speed at that :clap::raised_hands::clap:

2 Likes

Double the workload? What happens at level 40?

1 Like

Oh wow, I had no idea that this works! I just assumed the level on the forum would only update once you Guru every item in a level since it was always one level behind my level that was shown on the main page.

And as all the others have said here, that’s a crazy speed, congratulations!

1 Like

you’re able to level up in half the time so the number of vocab you have to keep up increases greatly

1 Like