Just hit level 60

What a weird feeling. WKStats says I’ve been doing WK almost daily for 665 days. Definitely doesn’t feel that long.

I feel like once I burn level 60, I’m going to have a weird hollow spot. It’s going to be so strange not having to review on WK anymore. (Unless I start over, that is)

Obligatory WKStats screenshot:

Can’t really remember why level 37 took so long. I also slowed down in the last 10 or so levels just to not rush myself since you can level up really fast there.

Feels good to have a yellow number next to my name though. やった!

101 Likes

Congratulations Jinxy! You did very well :grin: :tada::tada:

Well, what about those items yet to burn? :eyes:

What’s on your plans in terms of Japanese next? :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Congrats!!!

Completely off topic but I love your pfp :laughing:

9 Likes

Congrats buddy. Truly an amazing feat of determination.

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congrats – hope to see that tape across the finish just a few steps away myself someday :+1:

1 Like

7 Likes
  1. Ghost of Christmas Past :mantelpiece_clock:
  2. Ghost of Christmas Present :calendar:
  3. Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come :crystal_ball:
  4. Ghost of Crabsmas Yet to Burn :fire:
3 Likes

おめでとうございます!!
:raised_hands::cake: :raised_hands:

1 Like

Congrats! May your day be filled with cake, you’ve earned it!

il_794xN.1542908762_5a2w1

8 Likes

wow well done!!! You went fast too! I spend so much time on WK and cant get near that pace.

2 Likes

12 days per level is pretty slow by most standard on here. The a around average seems to be 10 days per level

Really?!?!?!
I guess I’m just retarded then.

3 Likes

Nah. Some people just think leveling up as fast as you can is somehow better. Learning a language isn’t a sprint.

6 Likes

Are there any global statistics where you can see the average time per level across all users? I imagine that the impression one would get on the forums is slightly skewed towards shorter level up times.

7 Likes

おめでとうございます!

@Jinxyface How would you say your reading comprehension is? Do you still have trouble with some forms of media or anything? Also, do you have any plans for keeping your kanji memorized (i.e novels, media, news, etc.) Thanks and also おめでとうございます!

1 Like

How many people have even reached level 60? Is there a way to check current stats?

1. Congrats!

2. Is that … is that really true? 9-10 is the fastest possible time for most levels, I thought, which requires very specific timing and few/no errors. I was under the impression that the vast majority of people don’t maintain that pace all the way through. (I sure haven’t, but I might be on the slower side too.)

2 Likes

Nah. 6d 20h is fastest possible for slow levels. My fastest slow level was about a day longer, though.

I took forever and a day on Level 19.5 though