Show me your books!

This calls for some empirical analysis. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

omg so pretty :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted to buy that Git book… Like others here, I already know how to use it, but that definitely caught my eye!

Is it good?

2 Likes

it’s much more like an actual manga book than an actual tutorial on Git, so very cute!

tbh i haven’t properly read it yet, there’s a fair bit of advanced Japanese (at least for me haha) but from skimming through it seems to quite comprehensive!

3 Likes

Well… Still cant read any… But my collecting grow regardless! (All secondhand on eBay)

23 Likes

24 Likes

You can read A Dictionary Of Basic Japanese Grammar though :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, best of luck with your studies! May you be able to read all these and many other books soon! :books:

4 Likes

When I first started I just had the free, public domain books (the ones with the generic red covers), but now I have all sorts of pretty covers to scroll through :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Are these digital books?

P. S. Sorry, I’meowt of likes :cat2:

1 Like

Yup, Kindle.

2 Likes

I had hoped after this trip that I’d have all first prints of the regular JoJo manga, but I am exactly 1 volume short- Steel Ball Run 22. Curse thee. I think it should fit nicely on the bottom shelf though once I find it. That shelf feels like it has enough give. The one above is almost painfully dense.

23 Likes

I visited Japan, as soon as they opend for Independent travel! It was really nice and very beautiful… And i totally did Not buy way to many books (I still cant read)…
They have to stand in two rows now. :smiley:

27 Likes

Picked up a nice haul at Book-Off today. They were under the 110 yen bargain sale too!

31 Likes

Oh I really enjoyed 世界から猫が消えたなら! The audiobook is well done, too. The movie version…not so much :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I’ve noticed it’s a pretty popular book and the premise sounds interesting, so I’ve been wanting to read it! It was a pleasantly surprising find along with a couple other titles that sounded interesting. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Update: got my first physical JP books

25 Likes

Do grammar books count? Actually got so excited about receiving those :smiley:

32 Likes

Wow! The quartet books. Those are on my wishlist (If I ever finish genki… :frowning: ) would Love to hear your opinion about them one you started. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sure, I’ll let you know when I started! I still need to finish Genki 2 but thought I might as well be ready :slight_smile:
I picked them because good feedback from WK users (can’t remember where), and also because of the review from this video: I spent $162 on Intermediate Japanese Textbooks so YOU don't have to - Quartet Review (and more) - YouTube

5 Likes

Two new books :grin:

Very special to me, after all it’s mainly because of this music that I’m here today, dedicated to learning Japanese :slight_smile:

21 Likes