Should I use lesson reorder script?

Hey peeps!
So lately I’ve been trying to up my WaniWani :crabigator: game. And my question is, is the lesson reorder script actually worth it? And how much more quickly will you level up with it?
And another thing is, I’m worried about having a ton of vocab line up because I would never do them first. Or am I just being paranoid?

Ps: I Looked around the forums to find another thread on this topic, but I couldn’t find anything. So If you know of one, please tell me!

1 Like

It’s not necessary to use the reorder script to achieve mere “quickness”. You can stay under 8 days (which most people would regard as fast) without much fiddling at all. You just have to get all your lessons done within a few hours, and be on top of your reviews every moment of the waking day. Getting under 7 days per level requires some of those night-time hours to be included in the equation.

What the reorder script allows, though, is for you to focus on the critical items (that level’s radicals and the kanji unlocked by that level’s radicals) even if you don’t have time to do all of your available lessons/reviews at that moment.

But if you don’t care about getting below a 7 day level up time, which will require far more than the scripts, then I wouldn’t bother with it.

In any case, you should always do all your lessons before moving on to another level though.

12 Likes

Alright, that makes sense.

http://img74.laughinggif.com/pic/HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvYTNJV3loa0VDMHAzMi9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif

4 Likes

[quote=“EliChan, post:1, topic:20288”]
I’m worried about having a ton of vocab line up because I would never do them first. Or am I just being paranoid?
[/quote]Why would you not do your vocab first? Let’s pretend you guru’d 90% of your level 9 kanji and move on to level 10. The level 9 vocab, associated with your just recently guru’d level 9 kanji will reinforce that kanji in your memory. It is another chance to practice those kanji so that you don’t forget them.

If you had a lesson re-order script, you would benefit from forcing all your vocab to appear sooner rather than later.

If you continually move from level to level learning kanji only, you are not learning any words. Kanji are components of words. (Sometimes it is the whole word but usually it is not.) It would be like learning “-ing”, “-ed”, “-ily”, “pre-”, “post-” in English but not learning any words because that would “slow you down”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.