Level 4 to 60

Hey, any tips how to reach from 4 -60 in about a year?

4 Likes

7d schedule, re order script to do the radicals and kanji before vocab.
Strict schedule. Do your review. :smiley:

A nice guide to read: My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK 📖 )

5 Likes

Wow! Thank you very much!

Dňa ut 24. 11. 2020, 20:13 mweibel via WaniKani Community <wanikani_community@discoursemail.com> napísal(a):

Wait, you can re-order things to level up faster?
How do you do that? I’ve looked through all the settings but can’t find an option like that.

People use a script like this one to do it: [Userscript]: Reorder Ultimate 2 [newest]

Once you get into using scripts remember that with great power comes great responsibility.

3 Likes

Oh wow, thanks. This looks… complicated.
I downloaded the extension and the scripts, but don’t really understand how to use it, even with the thread.

Is this is huge time saver compared to doing the levels normally?
I fear my IT knowledge is too limited to make effective use of this.

It allows you to go at the max speed because you don’t have to go through the previous level’s vocab when you unlock the new level. Going at this speed and keeping up with the vocab is a lot of work, and probably detrimental if you don’t have a lot of free time and high accuracy.

I’ve been using reorder and keeping a 1 week per level schedule, and I had to take about a week off due to life happening and came back with over 1k reviews that I’m now buried under.

Using reorder to always be working on new kanji, and doing vocab up to 100 apprentice items max, I have 250-300 reviews per day, and thats not counting items I end up doing more than once in a day due to errors or early apprentice levels.

Yeah, just to be clear it only allows for reordering of things you already unlocked. It’s effectively no faster than just always doing all of your lessons immediately when they appear, but it allows for prioritizing the ones that directly affect your leveling speed, like radicals and kanji.

2 Likes

The risk and responsibility that people always talk about is when people re-order their items so they never do vocab lessons, and eventually build up an enormous amount of lessons from previous levels. Plus, the vocab really do help reinforce your kanji learning, so you may end up skipping an important step in helping you actually remember the kanji.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.