Should I purchase the lifetime subscription?

Omg. This is FANTASTIC. Doing it right now. Thank you @Saida and @ninjaflautist90 !

This site and community are REALLY something else :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Well it also depends on your speed, if you manage to complete wanikani in 4 years or less it will be cheaper to just go with the yearly subscriptions. However if you want to take it slow you should buy a yearly subscription till christmas and get the lifetime subscription with a 33% discount. (the leftover time from your yearly subscription will be refunded)

7 Likes

Oshin was here to change the title from “Should I purchased the lifetime subscription?” to “Should I purchase the lifetime subscription?”

And to answer your question: Yes.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I did. On October 2018, I bought a yearly subscription and at christmas, I bought the lifetime at 33% discount. It was cheaper than to buy the lifetime right away. In fact, whenever you do it, it’s always cheaper to buy a yearly and then buy a lifetime at christmas unless they decide to not offer the discount.

10 Likes

I really hope they decide to offer the discount, and do you really think it the best app for learning Japanese? I’ve tried Duolingo and Human Japanese.

4 Likes

We recommend people to get to level 3 first for a couple of reasons.

1. They are free levels. Doesn’t make sense to spend money for free content, unless you really like us.
  2. You get a fairly good idea if WK works for you or not.

We have our annual winter sale for lifetime coming up too. Something to keep in mind.

38 Likes

WaniKani is not for learning Japanese, it’s for learning Kanji! I think it’s the best website to learn Kanji. The christmas discount has been offered every year so far.

11 Likes

This is a great app for learning kanji, but for grammar you should find something else. It has been a great help in my studies, but definitely not the only thing I learn japanese from.

9 Likes

Definitely. I’ve become so addicted to WaniKani.

2 Likes

WK only teaches you how to read kanji. That alone is not enough to learn Japanese.

5 Likes

Oh ok! So can someone recommend me where can I learn the other things WK doesnt teach? Thanks You

4 Likes

You should reach Level 4 first, and then pay the ordinary mensual subscription, and after a while, maybe half year, check if you still using wanikani, and if you wanna keep using it first. I mean, I think it’s worth, but is much money, you should be sure, and remember won’t be easier with lifetime subscription!

1 Like

What’s the point of a lifetime subscription? I guess since I’m not keeping track of how fast I level over X amount of days, I dont see the point.

All subscribers have full access. It’s a good tool. Monthly seems just fine for me.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Some people go through WK multiple times or expect to hit 60 in a time that it would cost more than a lifetime subscription by paying month-to-month.

6 Likes

Oh, got it. I didn’t think about that.

2 Likes

Also, the fastest you can burn everything is in a year and a half. Might as well get lifetime at the discounted price if you want to keep reviewing after getting to 60.

I definitely recommend lifetime. You never know what will happen, and if you have lifetime you can always return.

10 Likes

I agree with everyone. Wait until you have completed your trial run at level 3. You need to know if it is for you. If you know it it, then YES. It is worth it!

I purchased it and I am so glad I did. It is going to take me a really long time to complete WaniKani, so it was definitely cheaper to do the Lifetime for me. Plus, I loved using the Vacation feature when I went away for a week.

Plus, I bought it at New Years when they have their sale. I would suggest doing the same. I think it is 100 dollars off

5 Likes

That’s a great sale. Maybe I’ll wait till December to see. Either way it’s less than at a junior college out here… I think.

4 Likes

Instead of being 400 dollars, I think it is 300.

2 Likes