Share your overall accuracy!

If you go on https://www.wkstats.com you can see your overall percent accuracy. I thought it would be cool for people to share their percentages and compare. Either post a screenshot or say what your percentage is based on how many total reviews!

I’ll start:

Overall it’s 93.51% based on 29,714 total reviews. I’m pretty happy with that, I think as long as I keep a 90% it is fine. As you can see from the image, I definitely struggle with the readings more than the meanings. I feel like that is probably the case for most people, but if you have a higher reading percentage than meaning, I’d love to hear why you think that you struggle more with the meanings.

8 Likes

This is my second time through, so it’s not a fair comparison, but it’s 99.52% right now. 102755 reviews. I have many synonyms added from the first time through as well, which would normally be misses the first time you have to add them.

8 Likes

Honest question (and hopefully not offensive), why do you bother with WaniKani for a second time around? 99.52% is impressive but what that also tells me is that you’re not challenging yourself enough and using your time economically. Wouldn’t you be better off spending time on improving other parts of your Japanese?

1 Like

It’s structured to be a regular thing, like if I was jogging in the mornings or something (maybe I should be doing that for real, haha), and just because I’m getting things right after I do the lessons doesn’t mean that kanji was one I could recall before refreshing it. I spend plenty of time on other things beyond what I do on WK as well.

That’s part of why I can maintain the percentage, because I’m always preparing for the next level of Kanken I’m gonna take at the same time.

I spend a few hours speaking every day. I watch TV, etc.

17 Likes

Similar position to @ResistantLaw slightly worse stats. Lots of leaches building up.

3 Likes

kinda feeling anxious, like we’re comparing test results or something ;;;;

5 Likes

Yeah, my accuracy sucks XD
I always have problems with the readings. Meanings are fine most of the time.
But i also do wanikani often during short breaks at work or so, this might impact on my accuracy, too. But otherwise it would be difficult to fit it into my day. The srs system does it work and i slowly learn the new stuff until i get it right :man_shrugging: It takes me longer, though

11 Likes

I do alright. The thing is, most of this is vocabulary I already knew. I was just assigning images to things I already knew. Only now am I starting to get into some vocab I don’t know and I think my accuracy is probably going to drop accordingly.

WK%20accuracy

2 Likes

5 Likes

It’s something like this for me.

3 Likes

Well, that’s neat.

6 Likes

My accuracy: is less than 99%
Me: pterodactyl screech
Yes, this is a joke, I’m just a perfectionist lol.

7 Likes

This is down from 99.23% total a couple of months ago, level 20+ has hurt and failing a couple of burns that I straight up didn’t remember. No scripts, first time through. All that chess playing and study over the years seems to have helped my visuospatial memory if nothing else.

Everything is relative I guess, every one of those .01% drops has been like a hot knife in the chest haha. Dropping my vocab meaning into 98% also stung. Sort of an unavoidable consequence of going from levelling every 2-3 weeks to every week (I dramatically upped my pace at level 17):

Oh well.

6 Likes

Ah.

3 Likes

For those of you who would like to feel better about your own percentages.

28 Likes

Mines 94 total. I do all my reviews on my phone though so no ignore script. I assume most don’t abuse that though

1 Like

Anmerkung%202019-02-22%20080309
So here is one example of a slow wanikani person :smile:
But ill keep going and at the end that’s what matters :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I’m slow and I think dumb…I do use the typo/correction script for typos and I do WK on the phone depending on the quantity of reviews…but clearly I haven’t been cheating :grin:

8 Likes

Which is actually higher than I was expecting since I have so many review sessions that end in under 70% accuracy.

Right now, WK is my only study resource for kanji, so effectively I drill the items by letting them bounce around Apprentice for a fairly long time until they stick. So that will lower my accuracy compared to people who use additional studying resources. And apparently I am much better at remembering/learning the shapes of the kanji than the !@#$ing mess of the readings :wink:

5 Likes

Now I‘m happy, that I‘m not the only one with a low accuracy XD

2 Likes