Seeing projections in wanikani stats

Recently it asked me to put in an API version 2 link. So I generated one from my profile, however now I cannot see projections. Did I click the wrong things or does it just not work right now?

2 Likes

Are you talking about Wkstats?

Itā€™s a work in progress.

1 Like

Are you confusing https://www.wkstats.com/ with https://www.wkstats.com:10001/ ? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™m sorry, I did not realize there were more then one possibilities.

Thatā€™s all I needed to know. I was worried I had somehow done something wrong.

https://wkstats.com is the old version that uses Wanikani API v1.
wkstats (or wkstats.com:10001) is the new version that uses Wanikani API v2, but the ā€œProjectionsā€ page is not finished yet. I hope to finish it in a few months, after my current work project is finished.

10 Likes

No worries, please take as long as you need. I appreciate what you do. I was a little confused making the API v2 so I assumed it was my error. Thank you so much for your reply.

1 Like

I hate to bump an old articleā€¦but since V1 is getting ā€˜sunsetā€™ this year, is there any hope for a 10001-version of level projections? I made a makeshift version in excel for myself, but it would be really nice to have this integrated into WKstats.

Anyways, just thought Iā€™d ask the community if this exists somewhere. Thanks!

3 Likes

It says itā€™s under construction, so I would take that as a yes.

10-4, thatā€™s how I took itā€¦but I think Iā€™ve seen that message since I joined WaniKani in August 2019. Weā€™re creeping up on a year, maybe longer if itā€™s been under construction since before I joined. I was just afraid that once V1 gets ā€˜sunsetā€™, this disappears altogether.

WKStats is what keeps me motivated!! :smiley: Cheers.

2 Likes

hi rfindley, do you have an ETA on the Projections section of wkstats now that API version 1 has deactivate? Thanks for all your help ! really appreciate the wkstats tool

1 Like

My best guess at the moment is November.
Between my work contracts and home projects, ā€œfree timeā€ is always a moving target.

5 Likes

Iā€™m a recent CS graduate (well, almost - that one class ļ¼ˆā•¬ą² ē›Šą² ) ). I have plenty of free time and would love to help out, at least as a side project to show to employers thatā€™s separate from your code.

3 Likes

@Wolfennights,

I have the projections calculation code [here].

Just to get started (i.e. before committing to a time-intensive graphical design), if you want to recreate the three projections in a simple table:

• Fastest (as calculated in the code linked above)
  • Average (as calculated in the last function of [this code]). Note: itā€™s actually ā€œmedianā€, not ā€œaverageā€
  • Hypothetical (using an ā€˜averageā€™ value entered by the user).

I donā€™t have the source code posted anywhere, so youā€™ll have to fetch it directly from the site.
Since the Open Framework caches files, youā€™ll need to turn off the cache temporarily so you can see what files are being loaded via the Network tab (in the dev tools):

wkof.file_cache.no_cache("*");

Thatā€™s also helpful during development in general.
To turn the cache on again:

wkof.file_cache.no_cache("");

Edit: As Iā€™ve said elsewhere, I donā€™t have time right now to support anyoneā€™s efforts, which is why I have (until now) turned down offers to help. But since my timeline keeps getting pushed out, and APIv1 is turned off now, Iā€™ll just put this info out there. And if anyone is able to come up with something without assistance, I would be happy to consider integrating it into wkstats, at least temporarily, until I can spend some time to review the code itself to make sure it integrates well with my future plans for the site.

And just to let you know up frontā€¦ when I do get a chance to revisit the site, I will probably rewrite it again as a development exercise to get some practice with a UI framework. Probably React or Svelte, but I plan to re-evaluate frameworks again before I start.

11 Likes

Me getting ready for the API version 2 projections to go live
giphy

7 Likes

Is there any news on this? Iā€™m fairly new (almost 2 months on WK) and Iā€™ve never seen the projections page work, Iā€™m super curious about it.

2 Likes

Hello,

I am also waiting for the projections feature.
Is there anything we can help ?
Thank you to wkstats team !

6 Likes

Itā€™s been 3 years now? Maybe one day itā€™ll happen. I have more faith in that than in etoeto :rofl:

3 Likes