Search Selection Extension

For anyone interested in one click searching, Search Selection extension is a great companion for a glossary search on various platforms. I’ve added Wanikani for vocab/kanji plus various dictionaries (Jisho, Weblio) and Kitsun dictionary for instant flashcards. This actually eliminates a couple of extensions I already have plus gives room to add more easily. I can’t figure out BunPro though :thinking: , somehow the glossary URL is hiding specific searches on their site or it’s just not compatible (help) so it’s just a hot link for now.

Either custom hotkey or click can direct your search:

6 Likes

Why not just do the normal thing and copy the text, open Jisho, and paste it? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This is only 2 clicks, same as the Jisho Search extension (no need to copy and paste or even open a new window). Plus if you are creating Kitsun decks, it saves a lot of time.

Haha, I was joking. :stuck_out_tongue: Looks pretty useful and cool. :+1:

1 Like

Seems useful, but I don’t want to give yet another extension permission to see everything I do. The jisho extension doesn’t need to permission to “read and change all your data on the websites you visit”, so I wonder why this one does.

3 Likes

They claim “This is needed because the code for the popup-menu needs to be added to every website for it to work”. I’m not sure if anything is even private anymore :man_shrugging: but if they want the analytics of my dictionary searches, they will quickly know how boring of a person I am :laughing:

If preferred for anyone interested, I did hack a Kitsun Search extension and was going to make my other favorite links until I found this Search Selection and got lazy. I suppose if there was enough interest for a separate WK vocab/kanji, I could post them.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.