Script to remove burn, infinity script, post 60/lifetime tool

really annoying to have items start again at apprentice 0
can please, anyone, point me towards/create a way to disable burning? just let them stay in the pre-final stage keeping them in a 6 month loop so if I ever get them wrong they go back to earlier stages and if not come back in 6 months

this would make wk complete for me
even bought lifetime

How about you just fail all burn reviews, then you get to see them in two weeks, instead of two times a day. Or just let them be burned and start reading at some point. Or practice your burn reviews on KameSame.

1 Like

Bold of you to assume that @JoeyBertschler actually wants to read rather than just play the WK game forever. :laughing:

8 Likes

How much? My discounted rate is $150 an hour. Iā€™d call it the Asbestos Gloves script cause items never burn.

To be serious though, I think what you are asking is not as easy as you might think with the existing API. You canā€™t ā€œcheatā€ the SRS system through the API. You can mark an enlightened item wrong but that just sends it back to guru, which I take it is not what you want. You can present an enlightened item, then abandon it, but it will just come back tomorrow. Thereā€™s no way, once an enlightened item appears, to present it and then tell it to go away for 4 months.

2 Likes

still want it
maybe autofail any enlightened item?

You can do this with the script that shows SRS level. Just intentionally fail any enlightened items that come up.

I never did a WK script before, but perhaps it would be possible like this:
Mark the item wrong ā†’ goes back to guru ā†’ immediately fake the review and mark it correct so it goes to enlightened state again

Or is the marking of correct review locked, because the needed time has not passed yet?

This. The review wonā€™t come up until the next interval.

Also, it would go from guru to master on the next correct review.

1 Like

The script could simply hide the review until a given day, thus making it a ā€œfakeā€ enlightened item. Of course, that would not play well with the default interface. Your error count would increase and leech scripts would get confused. Maybe better than auto failing it, the script could simply not send the review to WK and spirit away the item for a while.

1 Like

True. But then youā€™d have a mini-Wanikani just for those items and a full blown Wanikani2 when all your items get to enlightened. :wink:

I donā€™t really understand what you mean. Hiding reviews is standard (many scripts, including reorder do that). You just need to remember when to unhide the review, so, itā€™s regular WK + external storage. Probably not local storage, otherwise using any other pc would bork it.
Obviously yes, you would eventually have only enlightened items, which was the original point, I guess?

Thatā€™s the part that I meant.

The script would have to track that item across reviews and then auto-insert the correct answer on the next two reviews: guru and master. Then it would present that review to the user the next time it came around for enlightened.

And even then the interval would be around 6 months rather than the 4 months of a regular enlightened review.

And then youā€™d have to do that for every item that hits enlightened. And pretty soon youā€™re keeping track of items and intervals for a number of items, like WK. Except unlike WK, you donā€™t get the luxury of offline processing, you only get to run when the user goes to the page. You could add a server backend but then weā€™re even closer to reinventing WK.

Which may be acceptable, but if youā€™ve been following the saga of @JoeyBertschler on here, who knows.

? No it doesnā€™t, since they never went to guru. They stayed at enlightened. (The script just blocks the fact that you answered the item, like the double check script for instance, and hides the item instead).
Then you just save when to unhide. You can make that date whatever.

From WKā€™s point of view, you just never answered that item, ever. (Well, except if you fail it, I guess, that should go through)

1 Like

Thatā€¦makes a lot of sense. Guess I was overthinking it.

So you set a date for when the hidden flag expires and then unhide after that date and use external storage to keep your item database?

I can see what you mean about reviews being wildly off and other scripts getting confused but I suppose itā€™s viable.

Would it be an issue once you started intercepting over 50% of reviews? And I guess once you ever got to all items in enlightened youā€™d basically just be doing the script items.

1 Like

Yes, I also donā€™t know how much of a load itā€™s going to be. At the end, from WKā€™s point of view, you will have literally every item in your review queue. I donā€™t know how much that will affect performance. A dumb algorithm for checking what to hide would run in O(n2), but we could keep thing sorted by item id, then itā€™s just O(n), and so is insertion. In fact, once you have everything in there, you donā€™t even need to insert anymore, just updateā€¦ :thinking:
Until they make a breaking update to the API and you suddenly have 8k+ reviews :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah, prepopulating the database would save computation.

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t write scripts for anyone other than myself. Iā€™d feel obligated to keep it updated and Iā€™m lousy with that. :joy:

1 Like

How we doin guys? We got it yet?

ć„ć‚„ć€ć¾ć ć¾ć ć§ć™šŸ˜‰

1 Like

Well, I donā€™t know if it was mentioned before, but there is the integrated custom srs that might do what you want. (Not a user, so Iā€™m not sure)

1 Like

Iā€™d suggest waiting for the rewrite

2 Likes