Script that automatically pushes "Show all information"?

Greetings friends!

I’m trying to improve my WK Anki experience and since I’m currently clawing my way back to where I was before I left off, I find myself having to “Show all information” quite a bit. It’d certainly speed up things if there was a script that automatically toggles that for me. Is there such a thing, preferably one for mobile devices?

Any help would be much appreciated!

2 Likes

I’m sure there are others but this is a simple one that I built. It also works for me on Android and iOS.

I’m also always using the Anki mode, maybe this script goes well together with it since it is also about speeing things up. I’ve never thought about it that way.

2 Likes

Thanks :blush: Somehow, the script just always opens up the details, but not the full ones. Oddly enough…

hmm, „not the full ones“?

I unfortunately don’t understand what you mean by that, maybe we have a different desired behavior in mind.

Well, when you scroll down the details page, there’s a link to show all the information relating to the quiz, so both meaning and reading. I was hoping a script would automatically expend to that, not just the details. But it’s not that crucial.

Also, maybe unrelated but important - I’m using your anki implementation multiple times per day now and it’s super awesome! I’m so glad for your effort and I’d just like to thank you for the amazing work :blush:

1 Like

Aww, thanks :blush: The largest part of the work was done by others, I just added buttons but it makes me happy to hear that anyway.

I’m still not sure I understand correctly (bit tired, bit post-christmas-fogginess…). Do you maybe mean loading the entire kanji detail page directly into the review screen?

What I usually do is: I use the reorder script so that I always get the meaning first, reading second. That’s probably the reason why just showing the info for the current entry (meaning or reading) is enough for me.

But I could give your idea a try and see if it is easy to do if that is what you had in mind.

I think so, because that’s one thing I’ve looked for but haven’t found anything that does it. Most of the time what I want to see is the spelling so having to click an extra button every time sucks.

That might be tricky to script, I’m pretty sure you can only “show all details” after you’ve been reviewed on both the meaning and reading. I only press the eye button after I get one wrong, (most of the time not even then) because if you get a reading review and look at the details it’ll straight up tell you what the meaning is, which kind of undercuts the point of the review…

Maybe not difficult to script (one could either load whatever data is available via the API or, a more hacky approach, maybe it is possible to lod and inject the data from the main item page). But I agree, probably not something everyone would like to use. I personally don’t care too much about learning kanji readings correctly right away so I would not mind that. Maybe it’s just a thing for the „quantity over quality“ Anki mode review team :wink:

This topic makes me realize: I often would be happy to have details about all kanji that are part of a vocabulary item directly inline. Maybe I could combine those two things into one script.

@irrelephant Is it possible for you to modify it to also work for the quiz during lessons?

I’ll try and have a look and give it a try. I think I also finally realized which “Show all information” button @Gilgeam meant (I don’t know why it took me so long… I’m either blind, stupid or both) and will give that one a try too.
I’m just a little busy at the moment so I’m not 100% sure yet when I’ll find the time.

1 Like

No worries on my account! If you don’t get around to my stuff, that’s totally okay, I’ve already inconvenienced you enough! Maybe I should try to learn about coding for wk some time. I’d really love the lightning thing and I’m thinking it can’t be that tough to code. I just have no idea where to begin. :thinking:

I also think that it shouldn’t be too hard to do. I just sometimes like not looking at code after work and Japanese is trying very hard to take over my entire free time… I guess you all know how it is. But there will be a quiet day somewhere in the near future, I‘m sure. So if you haven’t done it by then, I’ll give it a try.

Hello , i really like this script , unfortunatly it does not work anymore ( new wanikani update ^^')
if you can update it i would be thanks-full to you !

Thanks you !

It’s F then E.

Double Check script also has this functionality.

I have been using this one as a part of my bigger script – https://github.com/patarapolw/wanikani-userscript/raw/master/userscripts/all-info.user.js

2 Likes

Thank you !

will try it when i get review to do .
didn’t know about the possibility with Double check
completly forgot about shortcut on wanikani , (never use them XD ), will look into them .