Safari can't find the server

I haven’t been able to reach the WaniKani dashboard page on Safari on my Macbook for about 10 hours now. Is anyone else having this problem? What can I do to fix it? I can do my reviews and lessons on Tsurukame on my phone, but I would much prefer to do them on my computer.
Thanks

Have you tried clearing the cache? I dont have a mac and cant check safari to see if its on wks end but a hard refresh of the page fixes most user side problems in my experience. For safari if you only want to clear a specific pages cache its command+option+r or hilding shift while hitting the refresh button on the page.

2 Likes

Thanks! I just tried it, but it didn’t work. I also can’t see the dashboard page on Chrome. But I can see the community page. And I can see the dashboard on my phone.

Im not at my computer right now so cant check if desktop is working on my end. Do you have any scripts loaded on both browsers?

1 Like

i just checked safari on my desktop and everything is working okay. i’m thinking it might be a cookies/cache problem, or a computer update problem if you haven’t done the recent macOS update

1 Like

What does “I can’t reach” mean? Do you see an error message? A blank page?

Given that you can’t access it from both browsers on your computer and that it works on your phone it might be a network settings issue, but it’s hard to say without more details.

1 Like

Thank you for your help, all! I cleared cache and cookies multiple times, updated browsers, restarted over and over, to no avail, but now suddenly it is working again. I don’t know what happened, but I really appreciate your patience and help for me as a technologically-impaired user!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.