Road to 🍰🍰🍰

That is a highly realistic goal! What do you think your review count will get to by the end of the week?

Thursday
01/21/2021
156 reviews done

Level: 9
Streak: 93
94% to N5
75% to N4
16 lessons - 0 reviews left

Radicals/Kanji level progress

Daily Grammar Work: N/A

tumblr_9903348d2d11728cc7d21fccd9b838e2_859c1901_500

1 Like

Probably 100-150 regular reviews after that

1 Like

Saturday
01/23/2021
Review Count: 60

Level: 5
Streak: 94
94% to N5
76% to N4
2 lessons - 0 reviews left

Daily Grammar Work: N/A :sleepy:

tenor (4)

1 Like

Wednesday
01/27/2021
Review Count: 749

*Level: 9
Streak: 99
94% to N5
76% to N4
42 lessons - 0 reviews left

Weekly Grammar Work: Chapter 2 of Genki 1 (-れ・-こ・-の・どこ・の・だれ)

Notes: I realized after this long that I’ve been able to get myself into rhythm daily to do my WK, so there is no longer a daily need to update! I will come back here every Wednesday to do a new entry just to keep track of progress, which is also when our Genki study group takes place. いきましょう!

tumblr_nxyug7tpVh1qc9zfzo3_540

2 Likes

18th Wednesday
02/03/2021
Review Count: 897

Level: 10
Streak: 106
94% to N5
77% to N4
43 lessons left

Weekly Grammar Work: Chapter 3 of Genki 1 (Verb conjugations and particles :nauseated_face:)

1 Like

19th Thursday (Missed yesterday’s entry whoops!)
02/11/2021
Review Count: 879
Lunar New Year’s Eve

Level: 10
Streak: 114
98% to N5
84% to N4
69 lessons - 0 reviews left

Weekly Grammar Work/Notes: Barely scratched the surface of Genki chapter 4 :yawning_face: The curve is ramping up and so climbing it is truly a challenge… Glad to know that I’m not doing it alone so we’ll get there eventually! WK progress has been crawling slowly recently, with life being the major speed bump here. I should be feeling relaxed that I’m stepping off the gas, but I feel a constant pressure of having to level up as fast as I can in order to achieve my (highly unrealistic) goal of reaching 60 before next summer… Do any of you relate? Either way, the Lunar New Year is right around the corner so here’s to new beginnings and a more exciting year! :izakaya_lantern::tada:

f91fd98bf94058c7f6c6a024831930daefab01e4_hq

2 Likes

21st Wednesday
02/25/2021
Review Count: 687

Level: 11
Streak: 128
98% to N5
84% to N4
60 lessons - 0 reviews left

Weekly Grammar Work and Notes: Well last week was pretty hectic and draining so that explains the lack of entries :skull:WK was put to a major halt for about two weeks, but I’ve finally been able to pick up the pace again and make some progress. It’s pretty discouraging for anybody when there is little motivation to learn the language of a culture so far away, but this is just another bump in a pretty successful road.
I am now practicing chapter 4 of Genki I, which is a pain to get used to, and hopefully get started on chapter 5 before the next study group session. Have a good rest of your week!

bda5dac5643ede4fc55e08c1861954240ad4c8c4_hq

2 Likes

welcome to the club buddy. let’s do our best :heart:

1 Like

Hey!
I think I’m sort of in the same boat. I don’t know if anybody has linked this yet or if you’ve already checked it out, but this thread was an absolute game-changer for me → My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK 📖 ) - #2 by jprspereira

Also, I’ll add you to my WK friend leaderboard :slight_smile:
Hope to see you around, let’s get that :cake: !

2 Likes

Like your study log! I’ll actively track your progress it motivates me to do my best :grin:

Where did you learn Vietnamese and why? (right now my best friend is trying to learn it so I’m also a bit interested)

1 Like

I learn something new every time I go back to that thread… thanks for the reminder LOL!!

Sooner or later, we’ll get the :cake: together. がんばって!

1 Like

Thanks! Tag me whenever you decide to start your own so I can chime in and support ya.

Well…I was born and raised Vietnamese so it’s not like I had much of a choice :joy: As I’ve grown older though, I became more fascinated with my own language; it truly helps with learning Japanese since the similarities make it ever the more interesting and easy to learn (since Vietnamese did also originate and evolve from Chinese). It can be a bit difficult to pick up, but if you’re already learning Japanese then hey, you can knock out Viet as well!

1 Like

23rd Thursday (Forgot the Wednesday entry AGAIN)
03/11/2021
Review Count: 990 (Since Feb 25, last entry)

Level: 11
Streak: 5
98% to N5
86% to N4
74 lessons - 0 reviews left

Weekly Grammar Work and Notes: When did I start spending a month on a WK level instead of less than 2 weeks? :skull: That added with the lack of entries for last week probably explains how well life is going right now :sweat_smile: Finally got to meet up with the study group this week, only managed to get to more than half of chapter 5 of Genki this week due to how confusing adjective conjugations are (along with verb conjugations haunting us all from last chapter…)
Japanese isn’t getting any easier people, but we’re doing it! Have a great rest of your week! :tada:
tumblr_o4ogw1ryZG1u0b9a2o2_r1_500

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.