Requesting help with a bug

No, only plain dashboard in other tab, no other sessions.

I understand that you are frustrated, but it’s kind of hard to take you seriously when you are accusing Wanikani of being a fraud based on a single bug, isolated seemingly only to your computer setup…

5 Likes

Do you have any scripts turned on?

I accuse them not because of the bug, but because they totally ignore my customer experience.

Disabling userscripts was the very first thing I’ve tried to do to address this bug. Nothing had changed.

Again, they most likely just missed your email. WK aren’t a huge company with hundreds of employees. They have a handful of people and they run (at least) another 2 websites along with this one, so they most likely get swamped in emails every day. It’s only natural that some may get missed unfortunately.

1 Like

That part I agree is quite odd, but as others have said, there must be an honest mistake there somewhere. There is no chance that any of the Wanikani staff have intentionally or maliciously ignored your issue. Also, I have a feeling that this issue is entirely related to your setup in some way, not Wanikani itself, since I’ve never seen anyone else with a prolonged issue like this before. So, once again, it’s kind of silly to call out Wanikani as a fraud.

3 Likes

You think I should blame Gmail? That’s funny.

Automated emails? How are those related?

4 Likes

You think that google shows me automated emails and doesn’t show me an answer from WK support? Very, very funny.

Wait, what? I was saying that they were getting swamped in emails. Did you read what I wrote correctly, or am I going insane?

Edit:

Nope, I’m not going insane

2 Likes

Oh well I’m out of ideas. Hopefully @viet or @oldbonsai can help you.

But seriously why’d you only ask once in three months? Your issue would likely have been resolved if you came to the forums a few days after you didn’t get an email back from them.

3 Likes

I’m paid customer. They can:

1. Fix the bug.
  2. Offer a workaround.
  3. Offer a refund.

But they prefer to take my money and then ignore me.

Or they just missed your ONE email. What is wrong with you?

16 Likes

Try this on someone else’s computer and a different internet connection. I would bet good money it will work fine.

2 Likes

everyone keeps mentioning multiple tabs yet you still keep it open?

3 Likes

I understand the frustration of not being able to use a service you paid for, but I don’t believe it’s a fraud. They must have missed your email and I am sure they’ll get back to you. It’s a bit harsh to call it a fraud just for what you described, as the service definitely exists, people generally are able to use it and they tend to respond quickly to support requests. If they didn’t do it in your case it must have been a honest mistake, not a malicious or intentional one, I am sure they will sort it out or give you a refund. Good luck.

It’s not about computers or connections. It’s all about shitty customer service.

Is there a line in Wanikani FAQ that says that I should use only one tab?

6 Likes