📚 📚 Read Japanese Every Day Challenge - Spring 2024 🌸 🍡 🌱

Missed updating yesterday because I was super busy, though I did do my reading

8-9 June | Study Log

:question: Title Type Natively Progress
:mushroom: ダンジョン飯8 manga 30 18% → 46%
:film_projector: さよなら絵梨 manga 24 0 → 29%
  • Two chapters of ダン飯8. This should be the last material the anime covers next week, and then from there it’s all new. Very exciting.
  • Started another Fujimoto manga, さよなら絵梨. The use of the four-panel format to mimic a documentary is a very interesting choice. You can feel the artsiness of it coming through … as well as the borderline horror vibes. Will pick away at this over time.

Going to start the IMC pick tomorrow.

17 Likes

6月8-9日 | Home post

I’ve been reading at a snail’s pace, but yesterday I finally finished Week 15 of the また、同じ夢を見ていた Natively BC.

6月9日

• また、同じ夢を見ていた (76.69 → 77.51%)

6月8日

• また、同じ夢を見ていた (77.51 → 81.72%)
  • DoBJG: ~たり~たりする; たって; て; ても; ~てもいい; と (1); と (2); と (3) (75%)
  • N3単語 weekly Anki cards: pp. 69-80 (27%)

Congratulations to the two Islanders in this thread :confetti_ball:

17 Likes

June 9 | Home post

Lots of reading today! 5000 characters from Island :desert_island: plus a little from different books. My main reading right now is Island, but I like to read a little from other books as well.

Thank you! And if you (or anyone else) want to know more about Island please join the Island book club! It’s hard but doable, even for a level sub level 10 beginner. I started in March at roughly level 6, and now I’m level 11. With the help of Textractor, and a basic knowledge of grammar, anyone can read VNs!

13 Likes

June 9th!

Chapter 182 of Shadows House today.

(Home Post)

14 Likes

10 June | Study Log

:purse: 紡ぐ乙女と大正の月 1 manga 29 0 → 13%
:mushroom: ダンジョン飯8 manga 30 46% (no change)
:film_projector: さよなら絵梨 manga 24 29% (no change)
  • Week’s IMC reading for a new start, 紡ぐ乙女と大正の月 1. Seems easy enough (relatively speaking).
  • Will probably peck away at さよなら絵梨 today a bit as well.
15 Likes

June 10th!

Chapter 183 of Shadows House today. Already over half way through the volume, so not long until I’ll be impatiently waiting for Volume 18 to come out. :smile:

(Home Post)

15 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 10

6月9日 (日)

• :cn: Three Kingdoms : 7/2 (6-8/19)
  • ヒラヒラヒヒル end Ch.

Are you sure you want to X?

Q2 of 2024 | Week 11

6月10日 (月)

• :cn: Three Kingdoms : 7/2 (9-11/19)
  • ヒラヒラヒヒル
Words
13 Likes

:house: home post :house:
:calendar: 2024年6月10日 :calendar:

:question: Title Read today Currently at Notes
:orange_book: Kona’s Big Adventure 2 2 episodes 36/88 —
:woman_mage: とんがり帽子のアトリエ Chapter 6
:woman_elf: 葬送のフリーレン Chapter 4
:purse: 紡ぐ乙女と大正の月 Chapter 1

Watched so many movies those past few days wow, my head is spinning and full of Japanese inside, can’t really complain though!
But I did miss reading, time to get back to it!

17 Likes

June 10 | Home post

5000 characters from Island :desert_island: today, and quite a few sentences that I was able to read without looking up anything. It’s still not easy, not by far, but it’s gradually getting a little easier!

15 Likes

6月10日 | Home post

Finished Week 15 of the また、同じ夢を見ていた Natively BC.

• また、同じ夢を見ていた (81.72 → 82.90%)
  • DoBJG: と (4); ~と言えば (76%)
14 Likes

:potted_plant: June 1-9 update :potted_plant:

Have kept up reading every day so far. Have been reading an average of 5-10 pages per day which I’m super chuffed about. (there are some super easy pages that i probably shouldn’t count but :laughing:) I think its a really good start.

I don’t think I’ll finish 老女的少女ひなたちゃん this month with the speed I’m going to join in with @Cathm2 if they do carry on with book 2. So that will be my top priority! Im still waiting on whether it’ll grow on me enough to want to read book 2.

And thank you dioberry for the welcome! Im also hoping to join the summer challenge so hopefully you’ll see me there. :grin:

Homepost

16 Likes

11 June | Study Log

:film_projector: さよなら絵梨 manga 24 29% → 75%
:purse: 紡ぐ乙女と大正の月 1 manga 29 13% (no change)
  • Oh yeah, feeling those good vibes with さよなら絵梨 where you just want to keep reading. I have stuff to do though alas, so will finish tomorrow. It’s probably a nom for the BBC I reckon.
16 Likes

June 11 | Home post

6000 characters from Island :desert_island: today. I notice that as I level up, there are more and more sentences that I can read in full screen without using Textractor. There are still very many unknown kanji, but the first 10 levels of Wanikani do give a good foundation for everything, including VNs. Onwards and upwards!

13 Likes

:house: home post :house:
:calendar: 2024年6月11日 :calendar:

:question: Title Read today Currently at Notes
:desert_island: ISLAND 8k 853.000 char 24 new words

More ISLAND. Having so much fun with this game :smiley: very close to completion now, 88%!

14 Likes

6月11日 | Home post

• また、同じ夢を見ていた (82.90 → 84.02%)
  • DoBJG: ~という; とか (77%)
14 Likes

June 11th!

Started とんがり帽子のアトリエ Volume 2 today, and read chapter 6.
It’s just so pretty. I want a giant physical copy to exist so I can use it as a colouring book.

(Home Post)

15 Likes

12 June | Study Log

:film_projector: さよなら絵梨 manga 24 75% → 100% (complete) :white_check_mark:
:purse: 紡ぐ乙女と大正の月 1 manga 29 13% (no change)
  • Sick as a dog but eked out the last of さよなら絵梨, Look Back is probably the better of Fujimoto’s two major standalones but it was fun to get through this and it was decently manageable.
13 Likes

I think it already is, or was, i remember voting for it in some polls and then giving up and reading it on my own because it always got voted so low

aha, yeah, it did get trimmed from the bottom :pensive:

10 Likes

hello i dont mean to nterrupti just wanted to test ive never replied to a comment before

6 Likes

aww, that blows. I guess we’ll see if Look Back survives though

4 Likes