📚 📚 Read Japanese Every Day Challenge - Spring 2024 🌸 🍡 🌱

GREAT NEWS

15 Likes

I read two articles from NHK News Web Easy.

14 Likes

:cherry_blossom: 4月18日 :cherry_blossom: (home post link)

Read:

• 気になってる人が男じゃなかった about half of vol 1 - god, them….….…...…

I was going to say please share if you find one, but too late! Just in time for me to do my reading though… :guitar:

16 Likes

19th april

home post

bad day for concentration today, but managed about 13 pages of すきとも which lost me a bit tbh in those first few (having a fairly major time skip over a couple of sentences will do that to you) but i’m getting back into it i think.

today’s nhk article was this one, plus the entries on とかで and ところ in aDoIJG

words that stood out

皓々(こうこう) - bright (esp. of the moon), broad and empty
諦念(ていねん) - feeling of resignation, understanding and acceptance
ナイター - game under lights, night game (e.g. baseball)

15 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 3

4月19日 (金)

• クプルムの花嫁 Vol.4 (0-23%)

• :cn: Three Kingdoms 2 reread (7-10/30) + Prologue (1/6)

Try reading on a tablet without knowing the translation first. Screen size is about speed and extensive style.

• DIJG : やっと

• STEINS;GATE 比翼恋理のだーりん

Words of the day
  • 蛍雪(けいせつ)(こう) = fruit of diligent study. And then I’ve found (ほたる)(ひかり) ((まど)(ゆき)).
  • 工場(こうば) = workshop. Smaller products compared to 工場(こうじょう). With explanation as well as how to spell, in context.
  • 戦々恐々(せんせんきょうきょう) = trembling with fear. Also written 戦々兢々(せんせんきょうきょう). From 戦慄(せんりつ)(おそ)(おのの)く.
  • (ゆう)に = easily; well over. Easily satisfy for the threshold amount.
  • おくびにも()さない = without showing any slightest hint of. What doesn’t even come out is おくび = げっぷ = burping; belching. Too much gas in stomach.

15 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :teapot: Home Post and thread

4月19日金曜日

:jar: The Jam Maker on Satori Reader, episodes 28 & 29.
I understood all the sentences explained before reading the Satori Reader explanations today :open_mouth:

18 Likes

April 19 | Home post

5000 characters from Island today. That’s all I can take before it feels like my head is going to explode!

18 Likes

:house: home post :house:
:calendar: 2024年4月19日 :calendar:

:question: Title Read today Currently at Notes
:orange_book: Secret 2 episodes 88/98
:bust_in_silhouette: シャドーハウス 2 chapters 101/175

Exciting with the new picks of the BBC and IMC starting now! But I won’t be home for most of the weekend, so we’ll see when I can start them.

19 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // April 19 :cherry_blossom: :dango: :seedling:

・ 今はもうない - Switch Back (35% → 36%)

Just a tiny read. There’s a scene I can’t visualize even after reading it probably 4-5 times now, irasuto hoshii n da kedo. Also I’m not reading much at home anymore, what am I going to do now that I’m no longer taking the train…? :durtle_durtverted_lvl1:

18 Likes

April 19th!

A chapter of Teasing Master Takagi-san today :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

16 Likes

I want to join this challenge. Of course I still didn’t miss reading for even one day this year. Right now I’m still super busy with classes, usually I’m tired and just read manga magazines every day.

Finally I reached a point where I can actually read faster than I buy new things.

16 Likes

四月十九日・Home Post

I “read” this week’s 葬送のフリーレン pages, and by “read” I mean I said a lot of sounds out loud and looked at the vocab sheet a lot but comprehension is another matter altogether. And that is a problem for tomorrow me.

20 Likes

4月19日 | Home post

I’ve made it one-third of the way through DoBJG :confetti_ball:
On the other head, I’m repeteadly falling asleep while reading, so I didn’t even finish the first chapter today.

• アオハライド (7) (pp. 26-34)
  • DoBJG: ことは; ~ください; 君 (33%)
18 Likes

2024-04-19

:previous_track_button: Previous | :house: Home post | Next :next_track_button:

Date Name Type Amount Time
2024-04-19 :tent: ゆるキャンプ1 :green_book: Manga :white_check_mark: Chapter 6-6.5
:page_facing_up: 32 pages
:hourglass: 20m
:woman_elf: 葬送のフリーレン :green_book: Manga :arrow_forward: BBC Week 1
:page_facing_up: 15 pages
:hourglass_flowing_sand: 10m

Finished up the volume 1 ゆるキャンプ manga. Or I guess ゆるキャン△ since the logo and marketing likes to replace the プ with a △. But my IME won’t suggest triangle emoji, so I’m going to stick with ゆるキャンプ :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also ended up reading this week’s 葬送のフリーレン today too.

20 Likes

What a coincidence! I did finish the first volume already, but maybe I’ll try to lurk.

10 Likes

2024-04-20T01:38:00Z

The way books are printed, the page would be too cluttered. That’s why some authors use footnotes instead.

11 Likes

I went to the park again to read because it was sunny out. I read 3 NHK News Web Easy articles, 2 level 2 stories and 5 level 1 stories.

15 Likes

:cherry_blossom: 4月19日 :cherry_blossom: (home post link)

Read:

• とんがり帽子のアトリエ half of ch1 - this week’s section with the IMC! I am already just in love with this, it’s so pretty. Like @Akashelia mentioned it’s crazy how long it took to finally get a club reading this (although… it’s gonna be pretty hard to not read ahead on this for me, but i’ll try my best :sweat_smile: )
  • 気になってる人が男じゃなかった some more of vol 1
20 Likes

The secret is to overload yourself with other things to read :laughing:

11 Likes

20 April | Study Log

:question: Title Type Natively Progress
:eagle: ダンジョン飯6 manga 29 30% → 48%
:candy: 不思議駄菓子屋1 book 24 90% (no change)
:cat2: また、同じ夢を見ていた book 25 60% (no change)
  • A long, difficult chapter of ダン飯6.
  • I should probably buy and convert a copy of witch hat so I can scribble notes on it…
17 Likes