📚📚 Read Every Day Challenge - Winter 2024 🎍☃🌲

February 7th!
3 pages of the Orange light novel today.

February 8th!
2 more pages of the Orange light novel today.

February 9th!
A chapter of Teasing Master Takagi-san today.

(Home Post)

Semi off topic rambling about reading while travelling

I’m going to Japan for the first time in March, and I’m trying to work out how thats going to interact with this challenge.
I still want to read every day, because I’m proud of my over-two-year streak and I don’t want to break it. :grin:
But also, obviously I want to enjoy my trip and not stress myself out about reading streaks and end up spending too much time reading in hotel rooms!

Right now I’m thinking that I won’t aim to post every day, but I’ll try to keep some notes and maybe do a summary post once I’m back or something like that.

And I’ll be a bit looser about what I count as my daily reading - usually I only count reading manga or novels, or occasionally something like a news or wikipedia article if I dont have access to my usual reading materials for some reason.
But I need to decide what should count and what shouldn’t - I’m thinking that things like reading informational signs in a museum should count, but not “normal” stuff like menus, road signs etc.
Not that I think there is anything wrong with considering those things to be valid for the challenge - I just like to use the challenge as a reason to take some time to enjoy Japanese content, so I prefer not to count stuff like textbook work or any text I see from Japanese friends on social media etc.

20 Likes