๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

Home post

2 ๆœˆ 23 ๆ—ฅ
ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ Volume 1 :dragon:

I read some of the first weekโ€™s pages yesterday and then finished the rest today. Really enjoying the ABBC so far although I havenโ€™t been too active. Mostly just benefitting from questions and answers made by others. On to next weekโ€™s pages!

20 Likes

home post

23rd feb

loved this chapter of ่Ÿฒๅธซ so much, i think thisโ€™ll end up being my favourite in the volume. some great character stuff for ginko (i think this is the first time heโ€™s been actively harsh and rude to someone, honestly didnโ€™t think he had it in him, tho it came from a need to help i think) and the story itself was pretty tense. plus, another ่Ÿฒๅธซ! itโ€™s been so long since weโ€™ve seen another one!. how ginko has any optimism when he arrives at a new place i have no idea, he seems to be constantly going through it :sweat_smile:

words that stood out: ไบ€่ฃ‚ (ใใ‚Œใค, crack, fissure), ๅŠ›ใซใชใ‚‹ (to be helpful, to be dependable. iโ€™ve come across this before but it just wonโ€™t stick in my head for some reason), ๅฃบ (ใคใผ, pot, jar, vase)

19 Likes

Feb 23, Thu of Week 9 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚นใฎใ†ใ•ใŽ Ch.11

• ใตใ—ใŽใฎๅ›ฝใฎใƒใƒผใƒ‰ Vol.6 Ch.25-26 (start volume)

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

I took a look at the other two of the trilogy. My maximal speed is much faster than first started. Now I want to finish the first quickly.

Words of the day
  • ใ†ใฃใใ† = luxuriant (forest). Kanji form is ้ฌฑ่’ผ(ใ†ใฃใใ†) or ้ฌฑ่‘ฑ(ใ†ใฃใใ†).
  • ๆŽฒ(ใ‹ใ‹)ใ’ใ‚‹ = to hoist a flag (also, banner; sudare). I confused with ๆš(ใ‚)ใ’ใ‚‹ and ๆ(ใ•)ใ’ใ‚‹, which are different at not only Kanji, but also readings.
  • ็—ฉ(ใ‚„)ใ›็ดฐ(ใปใ)ใ‚‹ = to wither away; to become thin. Explaining soil quality in context. Also in context as ็—ฉ็ดฐ(ใ‚„ใ›ใปใ)ใ‚‹.
  • ไธ€ๅป‰(ใฒใจใ‹ใฉ) = exceptional; a cut above the rest
  • ๆ——ๅฐ(ใฏใŸใ˜ใ‚‹ใ—) = insignia (on a flag)
  • ่œ(ใช)ใฃ่‘‰(ใฑ) = vegetable leaves; leaf vegetables
  • ๆ€ฅ้ฝ(ใใ‚…ใ†ใใ‚‡) = hurriedly. Has Furigana.
  • ๆจกๅ€ฃ(ใ‚‚ใปใ†) = imitation
  • ๅ…ˆๅ…ฅ่ฆณ(ใ›ใ‚“ใซใ‚…ใ†ใ‹ใ‚“) = preconceived notion
  • ็ ด้–€(ใฏใ‚‚ใ‚“) = expulsion (of a student, follower)
  • ็ง˜ไผ(ใฒใงใ‚“) = secret (recipe, medicine, etc.)
  • ่„šๆฐ—(ใ‹ใฃใ‘) = beriberi, severe thiamine (vitamin B1) deficiency
  • ๆผขๆ–น(ใ‹ใ‚“ใฝใ†) = traditional Chinese medicine
  • ้ผป็ท’(ใฏใชใŠ) = geta (ไธ‹้ง„(ใ’ใŸ)) strap
  • ๅ—(ใ†)ใ‘่บซ(ใฟ) = passive attitude
  • ้™ณ่ฌ(ใกใ‚“ใ—ใ‚ƒ) = apology
  • ๅ†…็ธ(ใชใ„ใˆใ‚“) = common law marriage; de facto marriage
  • ๆผ”็นน(ใˆใ‚“ใˆใ) = deductive reasoning
  • ๅธฐ็ด(ใใฎใ†) = inductive reasoning; generalization
  • ๆทฑๆทต(ใ—ใ‚“ใˆใ‚“) = abyss
  • ่ƒดๅ…ƒ(ใฉใ†ใ‚‚ใจ) = person who runs a gambling den
  • ๆธฉๅบŠ(ใŠใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = breeding ground
  • ้ขจๆฅๅŠ(ใตใ†ใ‚‰ใ„ใผใ†) = vagabond
  • ้˜ฟๅฝ(ใ‚ใ†ใ‚“) = inspiration and expiration
  • ่ฅฆ่ขข(ใ˜ใ‚…ใฐใ‚“) = undershirt (under a kimono). Has Furigana.
  • ้…’็ฒ•(ใ•ใ‘ใ‹ใ™) = sake sediments (lees)
  • ่€(ใต)ใ‘้ก”(ใŒใŠ) = old-looking face
  • ๆœจ้™ฐ(ใ“ใ‹ใ’) = shade of a tree. A different reading of ๆœจ. In context as ๆœจ้™ฐ(ใ“ใ‹ใ’)ใงไผ‘(ใ‚„ใ™)ใ‚€.
  • ็ซ้”็ฃจ(ใฒใ ใ‚‹ใพ) = ball of flames; mass of flames; thing covered with flames. Itโ€™s that ้”็ฃจ(ใ ใ‚‹ใพ) = daruma.
  • ้€”ๆ–น(ใจใปใ†)ใซๆšฎ(ใ)ใ‚Œใ‚‹ = to be at a loss; to be puzzled
  • ่ก€ๆนง(ใกใ‚)ใ่‚‰่บ(ใซใใŠใฉ)ใ‚‹ = to tingle with excitement
  • ่™ซ(ใ‚€ใ—)ใŒ็Ÿฅ(ใ—)ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ = to forebode
  • ้กŽ(ใ‚ใ”)ใ‚’ใ—ใ‚ƒใใ‚‹ = to jerk up oneโ€™s chin; to point oneโ€™s chin at (haughty looks)
  • ็ซ‹(ใŸ)ใกใฏใ ใ‹ใ‚‹ = to stand in the way
  • ๅŽๆ‹พ(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ—ใ‚…ใ†)ใŒใคใ‹ใชใใชใ‚‹ = to get out of hand
17 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 23rd
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 12.28% // Volume II: 39.92% :shinto_shrine:

Words found under the kotatsu

ๅ‡ ๅธณ้ขใ€Œใใกใ‚‡ใ†ใ‚ใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Methodical; meticulous; punctual
ๅ”ๆฉ‹ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚‰ใฏใ—ใ€ใƒผ Chinese-style bridge

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1561)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€) - Military Commander
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€- Military Commander
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€) - Military Commander

ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€) - Retainer
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son

ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander

Maeda Clan
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€) - Military commander

Saito Clan
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Military commander
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander and adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Matsudaira Clan
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Soldier
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

19 Likes

:snowflake: Day 54, 23rd of February :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

Last time, our archer Romano shot the wolf, and today we find out that the wolf simply dissolves into nothingness. At least the princess is saved. But before they can return, the ground begins to shake.

18 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 23 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ๏ผ“ (73% โ†’ 80%)

Spent the evening reading for a bit. Iโ€™ve heard of ไป•ๆ–น(ใ—ใ‹ใŸ)ใชใ„ before, but not ่‡ด(ใ„ใŸ)ใ—ๆ–น(ใ‹ใŸ)ใชใ„. Seems like it is the humble version.

Also ็Œฟ(ใ•ใ‚‹)ใฎ่…ฐๆŽ›(ใ“ใ—ใ‹ใ‘) is a fun name for a mushroom. Photos of it shows that it grows on trees and it looks like a flat wooden disc that a monkey can place its butt on, so the name checks out :ok_hand:

22 Likes

February 23rd

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 11 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Read up to page 65, finished chapter 43.
Today: Continued up to page 103.

Working my way through the next chapter. The clash between Sakura and Eriol is still ongoing. It seems that this volume has 3 longer chapters instead of 4 chapters like the previous ones which may explain why Iโ€™m halfway through but still not finished with the 2nd chapter.

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

Word or expression of the day:
่ฆšๆ‚Ÿ - (ใ‹ใใ”) - readiness, preparedness, resolution

20 Likes

:spiral_calendar: Day 53: February 22nd :cloud_with_snow:

spacer:bust_in_silhouette: ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น Volume 5 (57% โžจ 61%)

spacer:baby_chick: ใฒใ‚ˆๆ‹ Volume 1 (74% โžจ 87%)

21 Likes

Day 53
I was lazy and only read a little bit of Tsugumomo vol.5. Actually I wanted to play one of my video games in japanese but couldnโ€™t decide which one.

3747 pages read

17 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :switzerland:

February 23rd

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ10
-

ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ 1
36 - 62

I was late to bed again and I remembered the next section of Ruri should be open to discuss today, so I figured Iโ€™d read it until the absolute latest I can get 6h of sleep. Spoiler thoughts: Poor Ruri! Burning her throat like that. Also, I canโ€™t believe how chill she was with her mom having lied. Iโ€™m glad that the mom agreed to be more truthful, but thatโ€™s pretty wtf.
Also hoping that Ruri gets to meet her dad soon, but I didnโ€™t see any big dragons when I flipped through the rest of the volume.

21 Likes

February 24th!

Today I read Chapter 58 of Shadows House.

(Home Post)

19 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ’๏ผ“ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง pg 132 โ†’ 137
  • ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 21

Word of the Day:
ๅฎฃ่จ€ใ€Œใ›ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ declaration, proclamation, announcement

Exactly! At one point I tried to keep track of everything in one place to make it easier for future me when something inevitably broke: all the links to random forum posts and guides and github repos for specific projects with some explanations for why I set stuff up the way I did, but then even that document itself became to unwieldy to actually use :laughing:

Yours or someone elseโ€™s? :eyes: either way :tada: :tada: :tada:

21 Likes

Yesterday I took a break from ๅคœใฏ็Ÿญใ—ๆญฉใ‘ใ‚ˆไน™ๅฅณ after feeling pretty defeated. I started playing Steins;Gate because ToKini Andy played it and it is surprisingly much easier than it was exactly a year ago when I played it for the first time. I feel like I could see my progress again but rather than a book that is still a pretty big challenge (ๅคœใฏ็Ÿญใ—), itโ€™s something that is now easy. I am pretty torn on how to approach ๅคœใฏ็Ÿญใ— again. I want to finish it but I also just donโ€™t feel ready for chapter 3. Maybe I need to just kind of say screw it and read it to the end before this challenge ends.

I think with each chapter there has been new vocab and after feeling a high of reading chapter 2 relatively unhindered, I guess it was a swift reminder this book is still above my level. With 4 days left in the challenge, maybe I should just push myself and finish. X_X

17 Likes

Thus far I have read about 20 short letters from students as this is my last class with them (might see them in the next grade though). Easy Japanese since its 5th graders although the teacher is convinced that I canโ€™t read them.

22 Likes

Chapter 3 is gibberish to meโ€ฆ dang. T-T I have no choice but to drop ๅคœใฏ็Ÿญใ—ๆญฉใ‘ใ‚ˆไน™ๅฅณ.

I am sad, because I thought I would finish it this week. I think my lesson was I can read a lot more difficult material than I think, but I still have room to grow if I want to do more serious literature. However I am happy I made the attempt and got as far as I did. That was still 157 pages more than I could before! Iโ€™ll save this one for the Fall reading challenge after I have finished all the JLPT grammar and some N1 vocab. I will get good enough for this book by the end of the year! :muscle:

22 Likes

Home

Just a tiny read today of 1 page of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ and one in-game dayโ€™s worth of ใƒใƒซใƒ†ใ‚ฃใ‚ข.

19 Likes

I finished the reading for ไธƒๅ›žๆญปใ‚“ใ ็”ท (Natively Mystery book club) today which means I just need to read this weekโ€™s ๅŠ่ฝใก tomorrow and Iโ€™ll be finally 100% caught up on book clubs and can read on a slightly more normal schedule than 30-50 pages per night :face_with_spiral_eyes: Thatโ€™s doable with easy and exciting books, but none quite fit both so itโ€™s been trying :sweat_smile:

Iโ€™m really warming to ไธƒๅ›žๆญปใ‚“ใ ็”ท now though, after a pretty rough start. The character relationships are ridiculous and itโ€™s very Showa-esque (despite being early Heiseiโ€ฆ), but the sparks flying within the family are interesting enough to pull me along.

A great goal! Iโ€™ve definitely saved books that were too hard for me in the past and gone back to them. Having things that were all haze before just make sense is so incredibly satisfying.

24 Likes

February 23 :snowflake: Home Post

More BU$TAFELLOWS today; finally managed to sit down for an actual proper play session and finished up this sectionโ€™s reading just in time! (Though Iโ€™m technically still working on it since I wanna do the bad ends too but thatโ€™s relatively minimal) Iโ€™m still not really sure if it actually felt longer or if my time management was just that bad, but either way it was quite the adventure :eyes:

mine :eyes: thank you!! It was a good time, just very busy :laughing:

23 Likes

Belated Happy Birthday! :tada::sparkles::rainbow::hugs:

13 Likes

February 23 :heavy_check_mark: :flashlight:

ๅŠ่ฝใก , 61-66%

Slowly chipping away at chapter 4. Should be done today if nothing unexpected happens (for example yesterday my whole schedule was thrown off by the coffee maker misbehaving and spilling 5 cups worth of coffee all over the kitchen counter, in the kitchen drawers, on the floor and under the fridge. Fun times. Iโ€™m really quite fed up with February by this point.) Anyway, unexpected obstacles aside, the book continues to be as good as it has always been. It certainly takes an uncommon approach, since the basic mystery of who committed the murder and why is basically solved from the start, yet there is some intriguing unknown factor that is still very much out of reach. Each chapter takes up the point of view of another professional involved in the case, and their reasons to be intrigued by this (seemingly minor) mystery. Complex professional relationships and delicate balances are at play throughout. Iโ€™m not even sure thereโ€™s going to be a big reveal, or whether it was all just an excuse to explore these various characters and their work and personal life, but I know I wonโ€™t be disappointed whatever direction it takes.

Belated happy birthday! :birthday: :partying_face:

This made me very curious. You seemed to breeze through the book up to this point. Are the chapters that uneven in difficulty? This is by the same author who wrote Tatami Galaxy (which may be picked by the ABC), so I wonder whatโ€™s in store for usโ€ฆ

25 Likes