๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

:cup_with_straw: Home :mexico:

January 22nd

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ7
-

ใƒฉใƒฉใฎ็ตๅฉš(ใ‘ใฃใ“ใ‚“)
153 - 185

Now I gotta wait for the next volumes to arriveโ€ฆ

Depending on how sleepy and how much time I have after my shower, I might read some JoJo too. I have everything but my clothes ready for work tomorrow, so itโ€™s not like I should need extra time in the morningโ€ฆ

23 Likes

January 22nd

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 7 / volume 8 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Read up to page 165, finished chapter 29.
Today: Read up to page 189, finished chapter 30 and volume 7. :tada:
Began reading volume 8, read up to page 20.

Finished volume 7 and continued with volume 8 โ€“ only to have another โ€˜nope, not todayโ€™ reaction when liar-kun showed up. So, I stopped at said page. :sweat_smile:

Replies

I hope you get well soon!

Itโ€™s great that you managed to read it this time around โ€“ congrats! :tada: :smiley:

Kiro is so adorable! And itโ€™s equally adorable to hear that he missed you so much that he wanted to cuddle even more to make up for the โ€˜lostโ€™ days. :face_holding_back_tears:

The UK pictures are delightful too, btw.

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“
Word or expression of the day:
ไธ€็”Ÿๆ‡ธๅ‘ฝ - (ใ„ใฃใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚ใ„) - very hard, with utmost effort

Honourable mention(s):
ใ”ใพใ‹ใ™ - (่ชค้ญ”ๅŒ–ใ™) - to deceive, to falsify, to cheat ; to dodge, to beg the question; to gloss over

26 Likes

Jan 22, Sun of Week 4 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใฏใŸใ‚‰ใ็ดฐ่ƒž Black Vol.3 Ch.15-17 (end volume)

Reunion, of both bad and good.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Interesting words
  • ใƒใƒฃใƒฉ = canceling (a debt)
  • ใฟใ‹ใ˜ใ‚(.) = management; supervision. No Kanji in context, nor in IME.
  • ใปใใ‚Œใ‚‹ = to be relaxed. Kanji form is ่งฃ(ใปใ)ใ‚Œใ‚‹.
  • ใ™ใ‹ใ•ใš = without a momentโ€™s delay. Kanji form is ้€(ใ™)ใ‹ใ•ใš.
  • ใƒ‘ใƒฏใƒใƒฉ(.) = power harassment; harassment from a position of power = ใƒ‘ใƒฏใƒผใƒใƒฉใ‚นใƒกใƒณใƒˆ
  • ใƒŽใƒใƒŠใƒผใƒซ(.) = nonenal; non-2-enal. A C9 aldehyde (-al) with a double chain at 2nd position (-2-en)? A chemical responsible for kareishลซ (ๅŠ ้ฝข่‡ญ(ใ‹ใ‚Œใ„ใ—ใ‚…ใ†), Old person smell).
  • ใ‚ฏใƒฌใƒผใƒ (.) = claim; customer complaint
  • ใ‚„ใถใ•ใ‹ใงใชใ„ = willing to do (not reluctant at all). Kanji form is ๅ(ใ‚„ใถใ•)ใ‹ใงใชใ„
  • ไธ€ไป‹(ใ„ใฃใ‹ใ„) = merely a โ€ฆ
  • ๅน(ใต)ใฃๅˆ‡(ใ)ใ‚‹ = to get over lingering attachment
  • ใ—ใ‚ƒใกใปใ“ๅผต(ใฐ)ใ‚‹ = to stiffen (ceremonious). Full Kanji form is ้ฏฑๅผต(ใ—ใ‚ƒใกใปใ“ใฐ)ใ‚‹, and Shachihoko is a mythical sea creature.
  • ่‹ฆใ€…(ใซใŒใซใŒ)ใ—ใ„ = being disgusted; unpleasant
  • ๆผ‰(ใ™)ใ = paper-making. ๆผ‰(ใ™)ใ็ด™(ใ‹ใฟ) in context.
  • ้”็ญ†(ใŸใฃใดใค) = good handwriting; skillful handwriting
  • ๅŽŸไพก(ใ’ใ‚“ใ‹) = cost price; original price without profit
  • ๅๆฎ‹ๆƒœ(ใชใ”ใ‚ŠใŠ)ใ—ใ„ = reluctant to part. ๅๆฎ‹(ใชใ”ใ‚Š) = relics; vestiges
  • ๆ†‚(ใ†)ใ• = gloom; melancholy
  • ๆ‡ๅ…ทๅˆ(ใตใจใ“ใ‚ใใ‚ใ„) = oneโ€™s financial standing = ๆ‡(ใตใจใ“ใ‚) + ๅ…ทๅˆ(ใใ‚ใ„)
  • ๅทฅ้ข(ใใ‚ใ‚“) = devising a trick (ๅทฅๅคซ(ใใตใ†)), esp. to raise money
  • ่ฟ”ๆธˆ(ใธใ‚“ใ•ใ„) = repayment
  • ๆธกๆฅ(ใจใ‚‰ใ„) = imported
  • ไป•ๅ…ฅ(ใ—ใ„)ใ‚Œ = laying in stock
  • ๅ“่–„(ใ—ใชใ†ใ™) = stock shortage
  • ๆธ…ๅ†ฝ(ใ›ใ„ใ‚Œใค) = crystal clear and cool (of water)
  • ๅฑ…ไฝ(ใ„ใš)ใพใ„ = seating posture
  • ็„ก้ชจ(ใถใ“ใค) = unrefined; uncouth
  • ็ฒพๆ‚(ใ›ใ„ใ‹ใ‚“) = masculine
  • ๆฏ›่‰ฒ(ใ‘ใ„ใ‚) = oneโ€™s nature
  • ๆฒฝๅˆธ(ใ“ใ‘ใ‚“) = dignity; public face
  • ่ฟฝ(ใŠ)ใ„้ขจ(ใ‹ใœ) = favorable development of the situation
  • ๆณฃ(ใช)ใ่จ€(ใ”ใจ) = complaint
  • ๆฉŸ่ปข(ใใฆใ‚“) = quick wit
  • ไพ็„ถ(ใ„ใœใ‚“) = still; remain to be. Has a different pitch pattern from ไปฅๅ‰(ใ„ใœใ‚“).
  • ็—…้ญ”(ใณใ‚‡ใ†ใพ) = demon of ill heath
  • ็—‡ๅ€™็พค(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ“ใ†ใใ‚“) = syndrome. ใ‚จใ‚ณใƒŽใƒŸใƒผใ‚ฏใƒฉใ‚น็—‡ๅ€™็พค(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ“ใ†ใใ‚“) (= economy class syndrome) in context.
  • ้™่„ˆ(ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใฟใ‚ƒใ) = vein (blood vessel). I misread this for a while (ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ฆ part).
  • ้€€่ท(ใŸใ„ใ—ใ‚‡ใ) = retirement
  • ็šฎ่„‚่…บ(ใฒใ—ใ›ใ‚“) = sebaceous gland. ็šฎ่„‚(ใฒใ—) is skin sebum.
  • ไบบ่บซไบ‹ๆ•…(ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚“ใ˜ใ“) = accident (traffic, train) that harms persons (resulting in injury or death)
    • Incidentally, the other day, I heard ไบบ่บซๅฃฒ่ฒท(ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚“ใฐใ„ใฐใ„) (= human trafficking).
  • ๆนฏๆฒป(ใจใ†ใ˜) = hot spring cure (e.g. for medical purposes; resorts)
  • ๅ†…่ฃ…(ใชใ„ใใ†) = interior design
  • ็ตก็นฐ(ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ)ใ‚Š = machinery; mechanism
  • ๆ‚ชๆˆฆ่‹ฆ้—˜(ใ‚ใใ›ใ‚“ใใจใ†) = hard fight
  • ่ฆ‹ๆ™ด(ใฟใฏ)ใ‚‰ใ— = an extensive view (e.g. of a city from an observation tower)
  • ้Ÿณไฟกไธ้€š(ใŠใ‚“ใ—ใ‚“ใตใคใ†) = hearing no news; loss of contact
  • ใƒใƒ„ใŒๆ‚ช(ใ‚ใ‚‹)ใ„ = being awkward = ใใพใ‚ŠใŒๆ‚ช(ใ‚ใ‚‹)ใ„
  • ๆ„(ใ„)ใ‚’ๆฑบ(ใ‘ใฃ)ใ™ใ‚‹ = to make up oneโ€™s mind
  • ้€”ๆ–น(ใจใปใ†)ใ‚‚ใชใ„ = wild; outrageous
  • ็ตถ(ใŸ)ใˆ้–“(ใพ)ใชใ„ = incessant; without interruption
  • ไบบๅฟƒๅœฐ(ใฒใจใ”ใ“ใก)ใŒใคใ = to come to oneโ€™s sense; to feel relaxed
  • ไธ€ๆฏ(ใฒใจใ„ใ)ใคใ = to take a breather
  • ็ธ(ใˆใ‚“)ใฏ็•ฐ(ใ„)ใชใ‚‚ใฎ = There is no telling how people are brought together. = ็ธ(ใˆใ‚“)ใฏ็•ฐ(ใ„)ใชใ‚‚ใฎๅ‘ณ(ใ‚ใ˜)ใชใ‚‚ใฎ.

SFX

• ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ‚‚ใ‚Š = heartily
  • ใใ“ใใ“ = hurriedly

Kanji

• ใ›ใ„ๆ‚(ใ‹ใ‚“)
    • rough; wild; virile
    • ใ‚ซใƒณ
      • ็ฒพๆ‚(ใ›ใ„ใ‹ใ‚“), ย  ย  ๅ‰ฝๆ‚(ใฒใ‚‡ใ†ใ‹ใ‚“)
    • ๆ‚(ใŠใž)ใพใ—ใ„
23 Likes

Only my 2nd day of reading but wanted to share nonetheless. Started going through SKM N2 reading these past two days. It is a jump from N3 for sure, but it being more challenging than the usual manga/articles I read is also motivating me to do WK lessons and reviews. Canโ€™t wait to look back at these first pages and see how far Iโ€™ve come :mechanical_arm:

26 Likes

:snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: January 22 :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:
Home Post

Orange :tangerine:

Iโ€™m back to Orange, my old friend. The club have now been active for slightly more than 6 months. Feels a bit surreal.

Today was chapter 23 from start to finish. Took me a little bit to get back into the writing style, I havenโ€™t read Orange for a month, but then it flowed well.

Me gushing about Orangeโ€”well me recommending Orange to others xD

I canโ€™t recommend Orange enough. The thing that takes it from being a really good beginner manga is probably the amount of casual language, it is literally everywhere, and those of us who read with the book club so far, already had pretty good grasp on it, so there arenโ€™t really questions and answers about that.

But outside that, Orange is fairly simple. Mostly using everyday, high school vocabulary. With really good characters, a great story, and beautiful art. What more could you ask for? Well, no casual language I guess, but nope, lots of it everywhere. A tiny bit of science fiction, time travel-ly vocabulary, but only crops up 2-3 times across all 5 first volumes, so not much in general. If it sounds interesting, you can check out the club for additional info (such as content warnings).

Unfortunately, we just started volume 6, so you might not be able to catch up with the club itself, but please read it. It is great. ^^ And the threads are available for questions and such, of course.

26 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

January 22nd
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 03.37% // Volume I: 39.13% :rabbit:

Not had much time to read today, but happy year of the BUN! :rabbit:

Words found under the kotatsu

ๅพŒๆ‰‹ใ€Œใ”ใฆใ€ใƒผ Losing initiative; being forestalled; second move/going second (Shogi/Go term)
็‰ฉ่ฆ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใฎใฟใ€ใƒผ Sightseeing; scout; patrol; lookout
ๅฐๅ‹ขใ€Œใ“ใœใ„ใ€ใƒผ A small force
ๅถฎๅฒจใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใใ€ใƒผ Steep terrain; precipitous // (also: ้™บ้˜ป)

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Main
Hideyoshi: ่ฑŠ่‡ฃ็ง€ๅ‰ใ€Œใจใ‚ˆใจใฟ ใฒใงใ‚ˆใ—ใ€
โ€“ โ€“ โ€“ Childhood name: ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€
โ€“ โ€“ โ€“ Childhood nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€

Volume I: 1535 - 15??
ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€ใƒผ Son

Retainers:
โ€“ โ€“ ็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
โ€“ โ€“ ้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

โ€“ ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€ใƒผ Gunsmith/blacksmith
โ€“ ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle

Others
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

23 Likes

Home Post

Day 20 + 21 Progress: 26-33่ฉฑ - ๅ››ๅทปๅฎŒๆˆ!!!

The last couple of days have just been kind of a blur of being sick and having to go to work stillโ€ฆ despite that I did manage to get more reading done than I expected.

Word of the Day: ็ฐๆฑใ‚ใ - soup/broth scum, lye. โ€œAsh soupโ€ certainly makes the scum seem as unpleasant as possibleโ€ฆ and the reading itself doesnโ€™t quite contradict it either!

Replies

Thank you!! I havenโ€™t been able to get in as much R&R as I would like with work and all but Iโ€™ll hang in there.

25 Likes

Calendar

Another week done, kind of.

ๅคœๅธ‚ is at 51%, so just 9% this week.
I didnโ€™t feel to well for a few days so I did less. I also did not read anything on Friday but thatโ€™s okay. I donโ€™t feel too bad about it. Iโ€™ve been a lot more consistent than usual so itโ€™s kind of a win already.
And I did read a couple of YT comments, so I technically did read something, but I donโ€™t want to count that. :sweat_smile:

Finished manga from last week and started reading Spirit Circle. Still in Volume 1 but I hope Iโ€™ll finish it after writing this post. done! Some chapters with some old speech stuff is a bit of a slog.

23 Likes

I forgot to thank everyone for their appreciation of the photos. ^^ I will try to catch Kiro when he is being super cute. I might just have to let my phone be glued to me for a couple of days for that though, because if I try moving to get it, he stops to watch me. xD

And since Iโ€™m here anyway. I have now also read some fiction in English. ^^

21 Likes

Low key abandoned my own challenge for a couple days for reasons Iโ€™ll explain when Iโ€™m more coherent/not exhausted, but I just have to say

HEโ€™S GROWN INTO SUCH A HANDSOME LITTLE FLUFFY BEANNN, I love him so much :face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears:

20 Likes

Me too. :face_holding_back_tears:

Heโ€™s really growing into his own. Although Iโ€™m sure heโ€™s not done yet. Just noticed today that he isnโ€™t as easy to move around with just one hand. :face_holding_back_tears:

Also, did I tell you guys that he charmed everyone in my friendโ€™s family so much when they met him, that I think all of them threatened to kidnap him? (I canโ€™t remember if I told you guys or not.) He is very social and purrs for anyone, likes being petted by anyone. Heโ€™s a good cat. ^^

22 Likes

:spiral_calendar: Day 21: January 21st :skier:

spacer:girl: ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‹ใ„ไธŠๆ‰‹ใฎ(ๅ…ƒ)้ซ˜ๆœจใ•ใ‚“ Volume 10 (80% โžจ 87%)

Not quite the amount of reading I was hoping to get inโ€ฆ

23 Likes

Week 3

Must of my reading was from pokemon scarlet. Iโ€™m starting to be and to piece together what Iโ€™m reading better without needing to breakdown every sentence first

I also read another couple of stories in Satori Reader. I finished the free content for long distance relationship, which i really enjoy, and the first story for jam maker, really good practice for descriptive text at least in part 1. Looking to subscribe once money isnโ€™t as tight.

Lastly, my 5yr old has been interested in doing japanese with me so weโ€™ve been reading level 0 graded readers together, which are too easy for me but fun for her :slight_smile:

28 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Jan 22 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป ๅฐๅฐๅ†ๅบฆ (52% โ†’ 54%)

Spent the whole day studying, so just a tiny read at the end :durtle_megane:

27 Likes

January 22nd (Day 22) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

Today Iโ€™ve read chapter 24 of ใƒใƒฅใƒ™ใƒญใƒผใ‚บใงๅพ…ใฃใฆใ‚‹ AGE32. My brain is still a little foggy from the illness and it makes it so hard to keep track of whatโ€™s happeningโ€ฆ Especially the conversations - I keep having to go back to re-read sentences and try to piece together who said what :expressionless: It also doesnโ€™t help that Iโ€™m finding it quite hard to get invested in the plot.

What a precious oramge boi :face_holding_back_tears:

26 Likes

Day 21
Continued reading Tsugumomo vol.1. It looks so cute when they sleep together in the same bed.

1821 pages read 18179 to go

18 Likes

As predicted, I read quite well on the plane.

22/1 33 pages Cells at Work (last weekโ€™s and this weekโ€™s reading), 11 pages ใŠใฐใกใ‚ƒใ‚“ใŸใกใฎใ„ใ‚‹ใจใ“ใ‚ (stories 12 + 13), 19 +3 pages ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น (finished chapters 60+61), 9 pages ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง (finished ch 6)

Caught up with all of last weekโ€™s reading. Now going to have a nap. Itโ€™s nice to have a cat lying on me.

25 Likes

Read 2 sub chapters for re:Zero. Probably gonna read a couple more since my commute is kind of killer today. Then Iโ€™m just gonna watch JoJo the rest of the day.

19 Likes
Home Post

:snowflake:Week 3 - Jan 16th to 22nd:snowflake:

I received my manga:)

๐Ÿ“š

I read a few pages in all of them and, well, the ones without furigana are still a little intimidating. I read ้›จๅฎฎใ•ใ‚“ from start to finish with barely any lookups to see how that felt and while a good portion of the dialogue had parts that went over my head I was easily able to follow the action and get the gist of each situation. I should probably take the time to decipher some of the harder parts for the learning opportunities they provide, but atm my university workload is pretty high so Iโ€™m planning to just keep going with ๆ—ฅๅธธ(ไธ€) at the same pace. Reading a manga in two sittings felt really good :relieved:

27 Likes

January 22nd!

Today I started Volume 6 of Orange. Iโ€™ve been looking forward to starting this book with the club, and Iโ€™m really happy my copy arrived in time for me to start with everyone else. :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

24 Likes