๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

In a pinch, one can eat manga to survive.

Unless theyโ€™re all digital. As I am.

You may be right.

15 Likes

Technically, one would need the stomach of an ox, though, no? :grin:

11 Likes

What are you planning to grow? :eyes:

11 Likes

Feb 2, Thu of Week 6 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใฏใŸใ‚‰ใ็ดฐ่ƒž Black Vol.8 Ch.42-44 (start volume)

MC never dies, nor does archenemy. Upcoming seems to be autoimmunity.

• ไธ€ๅบฆ่ชญใ‚“ใ ใ‚‰็ตถๅฏพใซๅฟ˜ใ‚Œใชใ„ๆ—ฅๆœฌๅฒใฎๆ•™็ง‘ๆ›ธ Ch. Preface

Japanese history. That Youtuber one. I also have another book, but a good point of this is, the text is selectable and Google Translate works (mere Android, not iOS). Otherwise, just highlight. There are some pages and diagrams that selection doesnโ€™t work. Not that Google Translate is particularly good.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Words of the day
  • ใ‚ใ‚‰ใ‚Œใ‚‚ใชใ„ = unladylike
  • ใ‚ใใ‚‰ใ‚’ใ‹ใ = to sit cross-legged. I know of ่ƒกๅบง(ใ‚ใใ‚‰), but not the verb.
  • ็ˆช็—•(ใคใ‚ใ‚ใจ) = scars (of war; calamity). Alternate reading is ็ˆช็—•(ใใ†ใ“ใ‚“), but it doesnโ€™t get suggested by IME.
  • ๅพฉ่ˆˆ(ใตใฃใ“ใ†) = restoration; reconstruction
  • ๆฏๆ ก(ใผใ“ใ†) = oneโ€™s old school and have been graduated from
  • ็–ฒๅผŠ(ใฒใธใ„) = exhaustion / financial crisis
  • ็–ฒๅŠดๅ›ฐๆ†Š(ใฒใ‚ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใฑใ„) = total exhaustion. In context as ็–ฒๅŠดๅ›ฐๆ†Š(ใ“ใ‚“ใฑใ„).
  • ่ƒธ่…บ(ใใ‚‡ใ†ใ›ใ‚“) = thymus gland
  • ๅ–„็Ž‰่Œ(ใœใ‚“ใ ใพใใ‚“) = good bacteria
  • ๆนฟๆฝค(ใ—ใคใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“) = damp; moist
  • ๅœŸๅ™จ(ใฉใ) = earthenware
  • ็‹ฉ็ŒŸ(ใ—ใ‚…ใ‚Šใ‚‡ใ†) = animal hunting
  • ่ฎƒๅฒ(ใ•ใฌใ) = Sanuki Province
  • ้ป’ๆ›œ็Ÿณ(ใ“ใใ‚ˆใ†ใ›ใ) = obsidian stone. ๆ›œ meaning to sparkle; to shine = ่€€.
  • ็Ÿณๆ–ง(ใ›ใใต) = stone axe. The last Kanji is axe (ๆ–ง(ใŠใฎ)).
  • ๅŒ–็Ÿณ(ใ‹ใ›ใ) = fossilization. As if Kanji swap placesโ€ฆ
  • ไธน็ฒพ(ใŸใ‚“ใ›ใ„) = earnestly; working with efforts
  • ไธ€่‚Œ(ใฒใจใฏใ )่„ฑ(ใฌ)ใ = to lend a helping hand
  • ไธ€็›ฎๆ•ฃ(ใ„ใกใ‚‚ใใ•ใ‚“)ใซ = at full speed; run for life
  • ใ„ใใ‚Š็ซ‹(ใŸ)ใค = to lose temper

SFX

• ใฝใ‚Šใฝใ‚Š = munching (on crackers; pickles)

Kanji

• ๆ–ง(ใŠใฎ)
    • axe; hatchet
    • ใƒ•
      • ็Ÿณๆ–ง(ใ›ใใต)
    • ๆ–ง(ใŠใฎ)
      • ๆ‰‹ๆ–ง(ใฆใŠใฎ)
21 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 2nd
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 06.43% // Volume I: 74.54% :horse:

Lots of new names today, so glad that furigana is always given for them.

Words found under the kotatsu

้ฌจใ€Œใจใใ€ใƒผ Battle cry / war cry (can also be: ้ฌจใฎๅฃฐ)
้ทน็‹ฉใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใŒใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Falconry (also: ้ทน็‹ฉใ‚Š)
ๅธทๅญใ€Œใ‹ใŸใณใ‚‰ใ€ใƒผ Light, thin kimono for summer use
็ซฏ้บ—ใ€ŒใŸใ‚“ใ‚Œใ„ใ€ใƒผ Good looking; beautiful; handsome; elegant
้ƒใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Arrowhead
่Žž็ˆพใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Smiling
ๆฐ็ฅžใ€Œใ†ใ˜ใŒใฟใ€ใƒผ Patron god; guardian deity
็œ‰็›ฎ็ง€้บ—ใ€Œใณใ‚‚ใใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚Œใ„ใ€ใƒผ Handsome
้‡‘ๆž็Ž‰่‘‰ใ€Œใใ‚“ใ—ใŽใ‚‡ใใ‚ˆใ†ใ€ใƒผ Member of the imperial family; beautiful clouds

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 15??
(Currently 1554/5)
ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Son (Successor to the Oda clan)

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€)
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

22 Likes

:snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: January 31 - February 2 :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:
Home Post

February 2 onlyโ€ฆ
BU$TAFELLOWS :moneybag:
Reading in English :books:

I didnโ€™t read anything for two days. Time kinda flew away and I watched a lot of an esport tournament that happens at this time every year (zelda: ocarina of time randomizer, standard settings). I wanted to get fully caught up so I could lower my daily watching amount. :sweat_smile:

Well, today Iโ€™ve read some nonfiction/memoir stuff in English and I read some Bustafellows. I should probably read more Bustafellows but Kiro finally awoke after a long nap and wanted some cuddles, so I finished the conversation and Iโ€™m about to go have dinner.

After dinner I hope to read some fiction in English, before going to bed at a good time. I really need to watch my sleeping schedule because if I can get that sorted, Iโ€™ll have so much more energy each dayโ€ฆ

23 Likes

This has been eating up a lot of my time as well :slight_smile:

7 Likes

How long have you been following? Iโ€™ve been watching the tourney each year since season 2, I think. I learnt of it from a co-op run done on GDQ some time around season 2, or possible season 3โ€ฆ no, I think season 2. Also, do you watch random settings league? Man, those are my favorites and I get why so few of them are restreamed because they can be so long, but so enjoyable and chaotic. :joy:

Edit: Also, I do not watch every match, because I might go insane, but I watch many of them. Especially since I now recognize so many names and have built some stake in wanting it to go well for so many. xD

7 Likes

:snowflake: Day 33, 2nd of February :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

Today I finished chapter 3 of Genki, so I did the closing exercises of that and read the beginning dialogue of chapter 4. Also a first cursory glance over the grammar section, but Iโ€™ll have to take some more time for that later.

20 Likes
zootr stuff

Iโ€™ve only been watching it for a year or so, nowhere near as long as you. I havenโ€™t watched much RSL just because the games can go on for so long. I thought the Triforce Blitz tournament last year was a fun variant on the usual ruleset, though.

7 Likes
More zootr reply

I totally missed that tourney. What was the Triforce Blitz one about? If it was collecting triforce pieces, I wonโ€™t watch it (I find that boring), so I hope it isnโ€™t that.

I usually only check in on the youtube channel around main tourney time and to see if rsl is going on (since they tend to have more like two tourneys a year). I only watch zootr too, none of the other zelda randomizers.

Also, first time Iโ€™ve found another fan, so excited! :smiley:

7 Likes
zootr

Yes, Triforce Blitz involves triforce piece collection โ€“ the ruleset puts some carefully tuned hints in up front about where the three pieces are, so the racers (and commentators/chatโ€ฆ) get to play the logic puzzle of โ€œwhere are they most likely to be?โ€. Thereโ€™s also a time limit.

The other oddball format I found fun to watch was the Pictionary Randomizer races, where one person starts with the spoiler log and has to tell the runner what to do purely through drawingโ€ฆ

I watch on twitch; thereโ€™s a quarter final coming up this evening if I havenโ€™t misread the schedule.

7 Likes
zootr

Might have to check it out then. As a spectator I do know logic pretty well now, but also get it hilariously wrong at times. xD So Blitz does sound like a fun time in that way. I wonder if the pictionary races even are on the youtube. I might have to go scrolling through the twitch videos.

It is just that twitch requires crazy amount of power or something (I canโ€™t remember the right words), so my laptop runs hot and it eats up battery, unlike youtube that runs like a smooth machine, so I donโ€™t watch Twitch much for those reasons.

Iโ€™ll be able to watch the quarter final in two days, when they can upload it/take it live on yt. Although Iโ€™ll have to keep an eye out now, because I do try to catch the grand final live, if time zone permits.

6 Likes
zootr

The Silver Gauntlets have a few pictionary races on their youtube channel, eg this one.

(Turns out this eveningโ€™s match is the RSL league quarter-final.)

7 Likes

February 2nd :heavy_check_mark: :fox_face:

็‹็ซใฎ่พป, 21-30%

Reached the second chapter, which is called ไฝ•ใ‚’. With the first one being called ไฝ•ใŒ, this feels like a grammar lesson. :joy:
The book is interesting and easy to read so far. There have been several mysterious incidents in the same wider area, ranging from serious to trivial, that people are quick to call ghost stories. Is there something supernatural going on? Or is there a rational explanation?
So far there are different characters in almost every section, with only one making a reappearance. I have a feeling that they will all converge somehow later on.

25 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 2 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป ๅฐๅฐๅ†ๅบฆ (93% โ†’ 100%)

Finished Saikawa & Moe book 5. I liked the beginning of the book Moe being all gungho about the mystery and her dog being super cute, also the fact that Saikawa was absent for a while, lol and a bit of the last part when Saikawa spoke with Fumi, the widow, who answered the โ€œwhyโ€ part of the mystery, ie. why her husband died. Some of the stuff in the middle made my eyes roll (the part where Moe secretly having a disease turned out to be a massive april fools as well as marriage suddenly being a theme and then discarded swept under the rug just as quickly. Honestly, I used to root for the two of them, but unless they stop being so weird with each other, Iโ€™m not getting my hopes up).

Tried reading Eugenia (0% โ†’ 3%) but Iโ€™m not in the mood for a random stand-alone book right now. Decided to go for ่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ๏ผ“ (0% โ†’ 2%) instead. Then I realized itโ€™s been quite a while since I left off from the second volume. Hopefully, Iโ€™ll remember more of what happened previously as the story unfolds.

24 Likes

February 2nd (Day 33) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

Another short update today: Iโ€™ve read the first half of chapter 3 of 1Q84. Wish I had the energy to read more.

21 Likes

February 2nd

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Aria: the masterpiece volume 3 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Read up to page 179, finished chapter 25.
Today: Read up to page 186.

Tiny read today, couldnโ€™t manage more and itโ€™s getting late.

Replies

@Cathm2 ,Iโ€™m sorry to hear that, my condolences. :pensive:

@MissDagger I havenโ€™t seen any of Zelda Ocarina of Time randomizer tourneys as I simply didnโ€™t know about them. You may have just shown me a new rabbit hole I can explore โ€“ do I dare? :eyes:
Iโ€™ve only seen some Ocarina of Time (and other gamesโ€™) speedruns on Awesome Games Done Quick/Summer Games Done Quick and those were already bonkers and entertaining with all the frame perfect wall skipping, bomb sliding tricks, generating medallions through bottles filled with bugs and whatnot. If some of these past zootr tournaments can be found on a Twitch archive or something, I may give it a watch one fateful weekend.

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

Word or expression of the day:
็พฝใ‚’ไผธใฐใ™ - (ใฏใญใ‚’ใฎใฐใ™) - to let your hair down, to have fun after a period of work or stressโ€‹

22 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ’ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ใƒ›ใƒชใƒŸใƒค ch 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 + ใŠใพใ‘, volume 15 done!
One of my favorite single panel jokes in the series

They barge into a conversation thatโ€™s already happening, and then immediately drop the topic after this. But i think it gives some excellent insight into the types of conversations we can expect ๅฎฎๆ‘ and ไผš้•ท to be having in their free time

Word of the Day:
่‚ฉ่ปŠใ€Œใ‹ใŸใใ‚‹ใพใ€ใƒผ giving someone a ride on oneโ€™s shoulders

ใƒจใƒซใ‚ทใ‚ซ Replies

Iโ€™d be lying if I said that ใƒจใƒซใ‚ทใ‚ซ wasnโ€™t one of the reasons I decided to start learning japanese seriously :sweat_smile: I played ่จ€ใฃใฆ, ่Šฑใซไบก้œŠ, and ใ ใ‹ใ‚‰ๅƒ•ใฏ้Ÿณๆฅฝใ‚’่พžใ‚ใŸ a ton in various rhythm games, and then back when I still worked mostly night shifts, the lineใ€Œ ้’็ฉบใ ใ‘ใŒใฟใŸใ„ใฎใฏๆˆ‘ๅ„˜ใงใ™ใ‹ใ€‚ใ€from ใƒ’ใƒƒใƒใ‚ณใƒƒใ‚ฏ hit pretty hard. When I started learning songs for karaoke, those were some of the first ones I practiced

For some reason I remembered listening to the albums back then and thinking that they were styled more as singles albums (i.e. not meant to be listened to in any particular structured order), but driving around with them the past few days I am changing my mind, especially for ใ ใ‹ใ‚‰ๅƒ•ใฏ้Ÿณๆฅฝใ‚’่พžใ‚ใŸ. I am really loving all these little almost-ambient insert songs, especially 4/10.

20 Likes

Finished ๆŽจใ—ใฎๅญ็ฌฌ๏ผ’ๅทป on the bus.

16 Likes